- Tunisia imposes state of emergency week after deadly beach attack
- Vote puts fate of Greece, its future in Europe on line
- Mexico wants to tame disruptive teachers union
- Kerry says Iran nuclear talks ‘can go either way’
- Greeks reject bailout terms in landslide referendum
- Indian bribe scandal takes a dark turn as witnesses and suspects die
- Did Andy Murray really need that break, asks John McEnroe
- Stacie Cottle the mum of baby seized by Spanish hospital fears she'll be in limbo for months
- Channel migrants triple as holidaymakers and hauliers are warned of Calais blockade
- The women who NEVER let their husbands see them without make-up
Picture of Lauren Block,stripper who fell head first off 15-foot balcony at gentlemen's club after attempting tricky move during lap dance
More from News
A 22-year-old stripper is fighting for her life after she fell head first off a 15-foot balcony while performing a lap dance.
The stripper was identified as Lauren Block and she remains in critical condition from the incident which occurred at around 12.40am on Wednesday.
The woman suffered major head trauma after plunging from the balcony of Christie's Cabaret in Cleveland, Ohio.
The police report states that Pasquale Storino was the man that she was giving a lap dance to at the time of the accident.
Storino told Cleveland police the employee attempted a tricky dance move before she tumbled over the railing on the second floor of the strip club.
'He stated that she grabbed the rail, as he was facing away from the balcony, and she tried to complete some sort of dance jump/dance move, and accidentally went head first over the rail,' the reporting officer said, according to Fox 8 News.
The young woman fell 15 feet and suffered 'major head trauma.'
She was rushed to MetroHealth Medical Center, where she is in critical condition.
Police said two men who witnessed the incident fled the bar as soon as the woman fell off the balcony.
When she fell, Block apparently was lying motionless on the ground for several minutes and her face was covered with blood.
Another man who was in the club at the time told NewsChannel5 that he didn't see it happen, but saw the victim motionless on the pavement afterwards.
He added that he saw two men flee the scene, though the identities of those men remain a mystery.
Scene: The woman fell off the balcony at Christie's Cabaret, pictured, in The Flats in Cleveland
Christie's: The stripper was working at Christie's Cabaret in Cleveland, Ohio, at around 1am on Wednesday when she fell off the balcony (company flyer)
Grim: The 22-year-old is listed as being in critical condition following 'major head trauma' at MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland, pictured
Despite the suspicious behavior, police said they were not treating this as a criminal case.
They said they have viewed video surveillance inside the club but it was inconclusive.
Little is known about Block, and her only clear Facebook profile picture shows her dressed up as a Hooters waitress at Halloween this year.