- House bill targets health law, Planned Parenthood funds
- Man intentionally crashes SUV though California hotel wall
- Lawsuit: Jail censors inmate mail, forces postcard use
- Ireland eye win for extra day off, not to avoid All Blacks
- US STOCKS-Wall St up; S&P on track for best week in 2015
- Portugal's acting PM fails to gain Socialist backing for government
- Saudi Arabia protests over Czech "Satanic Verses" 27 years after uproar
- China arrested hackers at U.S. request -Washington Post
- U.S. Representative Ryan not running for speaker -MSNBC
- Strachan still best man for Scotland, says Dalglish
Father Discovers His 15-Year-Old Daughter Was Fooling Around With Homeless Man, 28
More from News
A father's worst nightmare came true when a homeless man admitted to having sex with a 15-year-old girl whose family he knew.
Brent Jacob Surdyke, 28, of St. Charles, Missouri, was charged with statutory rape and statutory sodomy on Thursday.
The relationship between Surdyke and his unnamed victim was discovered by the girl's father, who found text messages between the two on his daughter’s cell phone.
The 15-year-old told her father that she and Surdyke had been having sex, most recently at a St. Charles motel on December 1, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.
Surdyke, who is reported to be a friend of the family, confessed to the relationship, local police say.
His bail was set at $25,000.
No other details about Surdyke or his ties to the family were available at the time of this report.
Surdyke is the fourth person in the St. Charles area in the past two months to be charged with having sex with a minor.
John Scott Thomas III, 28, pleaded guilty in November to sexually abusing three young girls, in what police said was one of the worst cases of child abuse in the county.
The victims were girls ages 5, 3, and 7 months.
Thomas is set to be sentenced on February 5. In exchange for his guilty plea, prosecutors have asked that his sentence be capped at 30 years.
Rebecca Sue Russell, 31, pleaded guilty in November to sexually abusing two young girls, ages 5 years old and 7 months old.
Russell is now serving 10 years in jail.
Billy Joe Bunch Jr., 26, pleaded guilty in November to sexually abusing a 5-year-old girl.
Bunch has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.