- Coast Guard: Cargo Ship Sank, One Body Found
- Your Rooting Guide For The 2015 MLB Playoffs
- Cleanup Efforts Continue In Ocean City
- Poll: Maryland Governor Has 54 Percent Favorable Rating
- Amtrak Train From Vermont To Baltimore, DC Derails
- Popular Restaurant Owner Discusses His Assault Only With WJZ
- 2015 Orioles Recap With Roch Kubatko
- Anne Arundel County Police Investigate After 2 Found Dead In Home
- Important deadline coming up for Tennessee high school seniors
- Fall sports camp in Johnson City reaches capacity for first time
Ellen Angers Moms Again Because of JC Penny Advertising
More from News
- Tom Cruise pays for daughter Bella to wed boyfriend Max Parker
- Chernobyl exclusion zone sees wildlife thriving since the nuclear disaster
- Is this the BITCHIEST Strictly Come Dancing yet after only 2 weeks?
- £30 fees to see NHS GPs may be the only way to cut queues
- Theresa May thinks migration is putting pressure on public services and infrastructure
One Million Moms, a group that advocates for television to be less filthy and more "Christian," is rallying against JC Penny again. The group is outraged that Ellen DeGeneres, a gay woman, is featured in an ad, specifically a Christmas one.
One MillIon Moms, upon hearing DeGeneres was named JC Penny's spokesperson, petitioned to get her fired. DeGeneres addressed her critics, One Million Moms on her show in February.
She also commented about her values, and how proud she was of her supporters and JC Penny.
JC Penny CEO Ron Johnson spoke to CBS about the controversy when Ellen was named the spokesperson.
What has galvanized One Million Moms once again against Ellen is her recent Christmas commercial for the company.
One Million Moms on their website, wrote on Tuesday the following:
"Since April, JC Penney's has not aired Ellen DeGeneres in one of their commercials until now. A new JCP ad features Ellen and three elves. JCP has made their choice to offend a huge majority of their customers again. Christians must now vote with their wallets. We have contacted JC Penney's several times in the past with our concerns, and they will not listen. They have decided to ignore our complaints so we will avoid them at all costs."
JC Penny and Ellen fans continue to support her and are speaking back against One Million Moms on YouTube and blogs alike.