- More Rain, Flooding Forecast Along Soggy East Coast
- Yanks Still Chasing Home-Field Edge After 9-2 Loss To O’s
- Company: Squirrel Causes 1,900 Power Outages In Frederick
- Charles County Officials Investigating Death Of Couple
- 71-Year-Old Man Killed In Baltimore Shopping Center Shooting
- Hurricane Joaquin Upgraded To A Category 4
- Trump Defends 2nd Amendment Following Oregon Shootings
- Joe Biden Could Decide Presidential Run In The Next Week
- No. 22 Michigan Smothers Maryland 28-0 In Big Ten Opener
- WEATHER BLOG: Slow Improvements
Kathy Bates Recovering From Double Mastectomy
More from News
- Emergency official: Death toll in Guatemala mudslide rises to 56
- On Hungarian frontier, support for prime minister’s tough refugee stance
- A glare, a handshake, a pope: Busy UN summit makes history
- Islamic State claims responsibility for killing Japanese man in Bangladesh
- Venezuela official denounces US hostility after airport stop
Actress Kathy Bates is recovering after having a double mastectomy, a publicist confirmed Wednesday.
Bates, nominated for an Emmy for her lead role in the TV drama series "Harry's Law," was diagnosed with breast cancer two months ago, the actress tweeted.
Her publicist said she hasn't had to undergo chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
"I don't miss my breasts as much as I miss Harry's Law. ;-) Thanks for all the sweet tweets. Y'all kept me going," Bates tweeted.
Bates, 64, is best known for winning an Academy Award for Best Actress in the 1991 movie "Misery."
She earned Academy Award nominations as Best Supporting Actress for "Primary Colors" and "About Schmidt."
The Emmy Awards are September 23. Bates also is nominated in the Outstanding Guest Actress category for a guest appearance on the comedy "Two and a Half Men."
Bates battled ovarian cancer in 2004.