- UN rejects $15 million offer from foundation under scrutiny
- Nearly 600 absent after suicide notes found at school
- California to enact comprehensive medical marijuana regulations
- Police: SUV hurtles through Massachusetts auction, injures 8
- US weighing Russian response on flight safety guildlines
- Ex-lottery security officer charged with rigging more games
- 13-year-old boy accused in fatal shooting of girl, 12
- In familiar ritual, Obama consoles families from Oregon mass shooting
- New U.S.-Russia military talks seen on Syria air safety
- Federal agency to supervise Metro safety
Powerball Jackpot Soars at $253M This Saturday
More from News
The Powerball jackpot continues to rise after Wednesday night’s drawings since no matching number tickets have appeared.
The winning numbers were 3, 7, 11, 15, and 28 and the Powerball was 12. Now, the Powerball prize money has gone up to $253 million.
According to the Star-Ledger, three tickets sold in New Jersey contained five numbers but did not include the Powerball number. Each of those three tickets are worth $1 million before taxes.
According to M Live, 14 ticket holders matched the five numbers. Along with the three tickets sold in New Jersey, the 14 tickets were sold in Michigan, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon and the District of Columbia.
In Florida, one player won $2 million using Power Play.
In order to win the Powerball jackpot, all five white ball numbers need to match in any order along with the red Powerball. the odds of winning a prize are 1 in 32 and the odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are 1 in 175 million, reported M Live.