- Germany's Merkel warns EU against migrant crisis nationalism
- China Open men's singles results
- Honduras soccer official, others face U.S. money laundering charges
- Ethan Hawke to run NYC Marathon with wife for charity
- Hurricane Joaquin weakening in the Atlantic
- O'Neill would settle for play-off place
- Climate change risks endemic conflict, migration, says new defence think-tank chief
- Pop, country singer Billy Joe Royal dies at age 73
- Government tests technology to find illegal drone operators
- MSF wants humanitarian commission activated to probe Kunduz bombing
Church Puppeteer Busted in Killing and Eating Children Fantasy
More from News
By day, Ronald William Brown worked as a puppeteer for churches and Christian kids’ shows with titles like “Joy Junction.”
At night, federal authorities say, he fantasized online about killing and eating children.
Brown, 57, was arrested July 20 on charges of conspiring to kidnap a child and possession of child pornography, the Tampa Bay Times reported.
U.S. Department of Homeland Security agents found child porn images – some featuring kids bound and gagged – a missing-child flier and even "images of children that appear to be deceased" when they searched his mobile home in Largo, Fla.
Yet in a clip from “Joy Junction,” Brown’s ventriloquist dummy “Marty” talks about encountering kids who were “looking at some dirty pictures, and they wanted me to look too!”
“I’m glad you remained firm in your belief that looking at those things is wrong,” Brown tells his puppet.
Brown also allegedly had extensive online chats about killing and eating young children.
After Kansas resident Michael Arnett shared a photo of a 3-year-old girl being strangled, Brown said he would like to kill a specific boy at his church in the same manner, according to a criminal complaint.
"I imagine him wiggling and then going still," Brown wrote.
The two men also discussed cooking methods for human flesh and what different body parts tasted like, according to the Times.
Brown told federal agents that he and Arnett "did discuss killing, dismembering and eating" the boy from the church, but said it was “just a fantasy” and he would never hurt anyone.
He said Arnett tried to visit him in Largo, but they did not meet because Brown did not want to make the fantasies a reality.
Brown has no previous criminal record, despite earlier suspicions over boys’ underwear found in his car during a traffic stop and his habit of driving boys around Largo. He is currently being held without bail at the Pinellas County Jail.