- Record Number Of Travelers Returning Home This Weekend
- Fireworks Canceled In Havre De Grace Sunday
- WEATHER BLOG: Nice Afternoon
- Schoop HR In Return From DL, Orioles Beat White Sox 9-1
- City Police Investigating Nonfatal Shooting In NE Baltimore
- Lloyd Scores 3 And U.S. Defeats Japan 5-2 For World Cup Title
- Mother Charged After Baby Found On Side Of The Road
- Body Of Missing Boater In Baltimore Co. Recovered
- Baltimore Soccer Fans Celebrating Team USA’s World Cup Win
- Love Soccer But Hate FIFA? Welcome To The Gold Cup
Video About How Moms View Their Olympic Kids Goes Viral
More from News
- A Greek family divided on referendum day: Two paths into the future
- Euro, stock markets slip after Greece vote, but no dramatic declines
- Rap in Rio: Why hip-hop is the new sound in the city of samba
- Greece’s flamboyant finance minister goes out in his typical combative way
- After Greek defiance, showdown with Europe shifts to bids at reopening talks
The 2012 Summer Olympics are just weeks away and a new video has commenters buzzing. Entitled "Kids 2012," the ad features Olympic athletes as kids, a poignant way of showing that even when athletes are grown up and going for the gold, they are still children in the eyes of their mom. It's the latest in an ongoing series by Procter and Gamble. (Full disclosure: P&G is a sponsor of Yahoo! Olympics coverage.)
The video, which has been seen 1.2 million times and counting on YouTube, is clearly a hit. Comments over at YouTube include: "Awesome video!!," "I, for some odd reason? love this ad...and i usually hate them!," and "Yep, i'm? (sp) crying."
P&G's "Team Mom" commercials are, according to The New York Times, "a global serenade" to mothers. The end goal is to sell P&G products, but viewers don't seem to mind, proof a good ad can be something people want to see. One commenter wrote, "This is touching. Saw it on Twitter yesterday but had to come back and check it out. So far, this is the Gold Medal for Olympic commercials."
We think one commenter summed it up best: "This is such a beautiful video! The images of the children are beautiful and the music is? perfect for the video! I've watched it several times and I never tire of watching it and it always makes me tear up each time...I don't know why. I think I'm just a softee at heart when it comes to kids. :)"