- Detained Post reporter's lawyer in Iran asks for his release
- Hong Kong blue chips rise on hopes for China monetary easing
- Spain summons Venezuelan ambassador over president's remarks
- Next lifts profit expectations after first-half beat
- Argentine championship results and standings
- Bahrain: 2 police officers killed, 6 wounded in bomb attack
- Turkey seeks NATO endorsement in Islamic State fight
- Huckabee's gas chamber reference to Iran deal draws Israeli criticism
- Turkey's Erdogan vows no step back in "fight against terrorism"
- European shares up after recent losses; earnings and M&A support
Quinn \qu(i)-nn\ as a boy's name (also used as girl's name Quinn), is pronounced kwin. It is of Irish and Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Quinn is "counsel". May also possibly mean "descendant of Con", which has connotations for "intelligence". A Scottish and Irish surname used as a given name from very ancient times. Quin (keen) is a Spanish short form of Joaquin. Actor Aidan Quinn.