- Smoke alarm saves family from Glen Allen house fire
- U.Va. to make public reviews of response to rape allegations
- VA Groups Get Funding for Youth Anti-Smoking
- UVA to Make Public Reviews of Response to Rape Allegations
- Different parts of the brain age at different rates: Older people can still multitask long after they lose the ability to pay a bill
- Spiteful thug severed his ex-girlfriend's nose with a steak knife after she found love with a new man
- Gardener poisoned her sister's artichokes with weedkiller is fined £5
- Tourist suffers lacerations to leg after being hit by speedboat blades in Phuket
- Brits mourn loss of family member killed in Peshawar gun attack
- We were betrayed by the government say cleared British soldiers dragged through war crimes inquiry by 'shameful' lawyers
The second Craigslist killer? Miranda Barbour, married prostitute, 18, 'stabbed man she met on website 20 times'
More from Latest News
- Captured on dashcam, the moment valet smashes a £30,000 Ford Mustang into a wall when he accidentally pushes the accelerator instead of the brake
- That's what you call a fine! German football star forced to pay £427,000 after he was caught driving his Aston Martin without a licence
- Florida is the child abuse capital of America: Shocking map shows how 786 children have been killed while being monitored by welfare officers across the U.S. since 2008
- Make libraries more like Costa with wi-fi, toilets and hot drinks or they will face 'absolute disaster', report warns
- 'Millions' more given the right to move to the UK after court rules EU workers free to bring their families... wherever they are from
- Miranda Barbour arranged to meet Troy LaFerrara in parking lot for sex
- She claims she stabbed him in her car after he tried to sexually assault her
- The teenager 'cleaned her car before driving to meet husband' police say
A married 18-year-old prostitute has been branded the second 'Craigslist killer' after she allegedly used the website to lure a man into her car before stabbing him 20 times and dumping his body.
According to a police report, Miranda Barbour butchered Troy LaFerrara, 42, after arranging to meet him in the parking lot of a mall for a seedy sex rendezvous.
Prosecutors say she then dumped his body in an alley before driving off to her husband's birthday dinner party later on the same day.
Admission: Miranda Barbour, left, is led into a police station after telling officers she stabbed Troy LaFerrara, who she met on Craigslist
Sex worker: The teen-mom's husband said he knew about her habit of meeting men on the internet and sleeping with them for money
The arrest comes after Richard Beasley was given the death penalty in April this year after luring three men to an Ohio farm by using Craigslist job posts before killing them in cold blood.
Police arrested Barbour after LeFerrara's mutilated body was found in a side street in Sunbury, Pennsylvania.
After a three-week investigation, officers traced the dead man's cell phone call history, they found the teenager was the last person to have spoken him before his death.
Upon agreeing to be interviewed, Barbour admitted that she had met LaFerrara on Nov 11 after setting up the encounter online.
She told prosecutors that she would regularly use Craigslist to meet men for 'companionship', often being paid for the meetings.
But in her first interview, the mom of one insisted that, despite setting up the meeting at the Susquehanna Valley Mall, Hummels Wharf, she didn't go through with it because she was too scared.
Later Barbour’s husband and friend were then interviewed and told officers they knew Barbour she met men who she had encountered online, and that she carried a knife for her own protection.
But just a day after her first questioning, Barbour voluntarily attended Selinsgrove state police barracks, asked to speak with investigators with an attorney present.
In her second version of events, she said she met LaFerrara on Craigslist and after emailing back and forth, the two decided to meet at the mall, police said.
LaFerrara entered Barbour’s vehicle, and once they arrived in Sunbury, LaFerrara told Barbour to pull over, police said.
Original sinner: The first 'Craigslist killer' Richard Beasley, above, was convicted in April after posting job vacancies on the site which used the promise of work on an Ohio farm to lure three men to their deaths
RICHARD BEASLEY: KILLER WHO LURED DOWN AND OUTS WITH FALSE JOBS
Beasley, 53, was convicted of teaming up with a teenager in 2011 to use the promise of jobs on a southeast Ohio farm to lure the men to their deaths.
A self-proclaimed street preacher, he killed three men, all of who answered a Craigslist ad for a non-existent job.
The slain men were Ralph Geiger, 56, of Akron; David Pauley, 51, of Norfolk, Va.; and Timothy Kern, 47, of Massillon. All were looking for a fresh start in life, prosecutors said repeatedly during the trial.
The murderer was sentenced to death in April this year, after hearing the details of his crime, Judge Lynne Callahan said 'I think I'm going to be sick.
Victims: David Pauley (left) was found buried in a shallow grave in 2011. Police later unearthed the body of Timothy Kern (centre) and Ralph Geiger (right) was the Beasley's third victim
Barbour told police that she parked and LaFerrara began to grope her, touch her private areas and put his hands around her throat.
According to the teen, it was then that she reached for the knife and began to stab LaFerrara in a frenzied attack. police said.
She said she blacked out and didn’t remember the amount of the times she stabbed him, according to police.
Barbour then drove away with the man 'choking and gasping for air', police said.
She drove around the city and found the alley behind Catawissa Avenue.
Controversial: The site will come under fresh scrutiny after its role in the latest death
She got out of the vehicle and walked around to the passenger’s-side door, which LaFerrara was leaning against, opened the door and watched him fall out, police said.
Before, driving off the teenager took the man's wallet, the report said.
After the incident, police say she bought garbage bags, carpet cleaner, paper towels and seat covers at a nearby department store, police said.
At a secluded spot, she cleaned away as much of the blood as she could before dumping the towels and any remaining evidence in a dumpster before driving on to join her husband at his birthday dinner.
It is alleged she threw the knife which was used in the attack into the Susquehanna River, which runs through Sunbury and Selinsgrove.
Barbour was arraigned on Tuesdsay before District Judge Benjamin Apfelbaum on charges of criminal homicide, aggravated assault, possession of instruments of crime and simple assault.
She is in Northumberland County Prison without bail.