- Del. Morrissey wants voters to decide fate of seat in special election
- Redskins haven't been this bad since the 1960s
- North Korean cyber attack on Sony may be costliest ever
- Thursday Night Fantasy Starters: Titans’ Bishop Sankey And Jaguars’ Allen Hurns
- ‘Survivor: San Juan del Sur’ Names Sole Survivor
- Hawkins County man charged with attempted murder
- Overturned Car Causes Congestion on 501
- Lynchburg Humane Society Moves To New Building in Early 2015
- State Delegate Resigns After Teen Sex Case
- Shocking footage of teenage biker performing WHEELIES on busy stretch of road
Terrifying moment subway passenger is shot in the face in racist attack on Russian metro
More from Latest News
- Government funding for Town Halls to be slashed by another 8.8% next year... leaving some councils 'on the brink'
- Secondary school teacher, 33, who groomed 16-year-old pupil via Snapchat before taking her virginity is jailed for 21 months
- China bids for world football domination as soccer-mad president Xi Jinping decrees that ALL children have to play the sport
- It's panic Saturday! High street shoppers set to spend £1.2BILLION in a single day in last-minute scramble for gifts
- Falklands awarded special medal in recognition of islanders' 'indomitable will' after 1982 Argentine invasion
- Khashim Latipov was shot in the face and stomach at point blank range
- Thugs kicked and punched 30-year-old from Dagestan in 'racist attack'
- Police release shocking CCTV images in bid to catch two attackers
By Will Stewart
PUBLISHED: 10:10 EST, 22 November 2013 | UPDATED: 10:13 EST, 22 November 2013
A security camera has captured a suspected racist shooting in the world famous Moscow metro as two men armed with handguns attacked a dark-skinned passenger.
Two men sit on the underground train in the Russian capital when a fellow passenger travelling in the same carriage attracts their attention.
One of the attackers nods to the other, whispers something, and then both draw guns in the vicious assault, in footage obtained by Life News, a major Russian media outlet.
Scroll down for video
Chilling: One of the attackers, centre, brandishing a pistol in his right hand, closes in on his victim, in the foreground wearing a baseball cap
Point blank: The man lashes out at his defenceless victim then points the pistol in his face before firing a second round
The younger one uses a 'traumatic hand gun' to shoot into the abdomen of Khashim Latipov, 30, from Dagestan, a region in the Caucasus region of southern Russia.
He kicks him and shoots again, putting the gun at the man's head, as other passengers flee to the far end of the carriage.
The two men then turn their backs on the victim but keep threatening their victim with guns until they flee the train at Nagornaya station.
Savage: Wounded Khashim Latipov, 30, cowers as the gun is pushed point blank in his face and the trigger pulled
Fear: Fellow passengers on the Moscow Metro rush to the other end of the carriage as the second attacker also pulls out a weapon
Faces of both attackers are caught by the security camera in the 17 November incident.
Miraculously, Lapitov survived the attack but is seriously wounded.
'The IDs of the shooters are not known yet, we are searching for them,' a law enforcement source told Life News.
'The victim was taken to the hospital, with one bullet in his jaw and serious damage to his face.'
Wounded: A stunned Khashim Latipov takes his top off to use as a makeshift bandage as he bleeds profusely from a serious wound on his face
Concern: Passengers gather around the seriously wounded man as blood gushes from his injuries
Maimed: Lapitov survived the attack but is seriously wounded following the attack
Lapitov has undergone surgery, and new operations are expected, it was reported.
The footage was released in a bid to catch the attackers.
The incident comes as Russia is under scrutiny over alleged racist incidents, with a number of recent attacks, and taunts of foreign players at football matches.
The attack comes less than three months before thousands of Winter Olympics fans will travel to Russia for the Sochi games.
- Student, 14, 'raped teacher in school bathroom and sexually...
- In love behind bars, Charles Manson, 79, and the 25-year-old...
- Grieving Belgian woman sleeps next to the grisly remains of...
- Shocking ordeal of London slaves revealed: Malaysian woman,...
- Female teacher banned from profession for having sexual...
- '2 drunk 2 care:' What driver, 20, posted on her 'pothead...
- Outrage after Miami official mocks Walmart's 'typical...
- What would the world's greatest music legends have looked...
- Man's 'I cheated' prank goes sour when girlfriend admits...
- Phew, that was close! Massive cargo plane's nail-biting...
- EXCLUSIVE - Brittany Murphy’s stepdaughter, 18, talks...
- How Kennedy and Ford both had affairs with the same East...