- Kevin Sullivan wins Democratic nomination for 74th House District seat
- Accidental shooting sends man to hospital
- It's down to the wire for online shopping
- Man gunned down in broad daylight near Petworth Metro station
- Police Investigating A Frederick County Homicide
- Sony Attack Allegations Grow More Heated
- 6 People Evacuated After Fire Breaks Out
- Local Group Gathers For Moment Of Silence, Prayer For Fallen NYPD Officers
- Former Offenders' Rights Are Being Restored
- Churches Are Staying on Alert this Holiday Season
A homeless man in Michigan has launched campaign for mayor and promises to cut his beard if elected
More from Latest News
- Currency trader wanted over '£130million fraud' vanishes hours after detectives missed chance to arrest him when he walked into police station
- Weeping wife of murdered NYPD officer who'd only married two months before breaks her silence to say 'we'll get through this'
- Beware of the NINE consumer rip-offs this Christmas - including fake parcels, expensive hampers and useless warranties
- Petrol set to plunge below $1 per litre in a Christmas bonus for holidaying motorists
- World Service 'outgunned by the Russians and Chinese': Senior MP warns cuts mean Britain is failing to counter biased information put out by the superpowers
- George Golubovskis is running for mayor in Traverse City and says he does not receive public assistance
- The homeless man claims he has two degrees from Michigan university, including a masters in Public Policy
- In a YouTube video, which has had almost 3,000 hits in one week, he says he's passionate about the community issues
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 23:29 EST, 2 November 2013 | UPDATED: 23:29 EST, 2 November 2013
A homeless man is running for mayor in Traverse City, Michigan, and says he promises to get a beard trim if elected.
George Golubovskis posted a video on YouTube on October 25 announcing his plan to run for mayor, which has already had almost 3,000 hits since it was posted.
Golubovskis is homeless, but says he does not receive public assistance.
He also claims to have received two degrees from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbour, including a Masters in Public Policy.
Scroll down for video...
'Vote for me': Homeless man George Golubovskis is running for mayor in Traverse City, Michigan, and says he promises to get a beard trim if elected
Well-educated: Golubovskis claims to have received two degrees from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbour, including a Masters in Public Policy
According to the video, which was posted by user, Tyler Durdin, Golubovskis has worked in both politics and the private sector in Washington DC, New York and Europe.
He says if he is elected he promises to trim his beard, get a haircut and switch into more appropriate clothing.
He even holds up his old university T-shirt, saying that is what he used to wear.
Golubovski says he is ‘hyper vocal and hyper local’ and is passionate about issues affecting the city of Traverse.
Those include open space and the Farmer’s Market, and creativity.
Promises: The hopeful candidate shows off his university T-shirt, saying he would change his clothes, and get a haircut as well, if people elect him
Community issues: Golubovski, who has an active Twitter page, says he is ¿hyper vocal and hyper local¿ and is passionate about issues affecting the city of Traverse
‘We could be the most creative community on the Great Lakes,’ Golubovskis says.
‘And the thing is - it's not just creativity and the arts and entertainment centres. It's also creativity with the high tech that's coming to town.’
To be able to be considered a candidate, Golubovskis needs voters to write-in his name as the other option on ballots.
He was told by the City Clerk that because he is not a registered voter, he cannot be a candidate.
You can follow him on Twitter.