- Congress aims for short-term Homeland Security bill
- Dershowitz 'appalled' by talk of boycotting Netanyahu's speech to Congress
- WEATHER BLOG: Friday
- Vinny On Maryland’s Football Recruiting Chances
- Talking Raven Salary Cap With Brian McFarland
- Pot Fight Between DC Mayor, Congress Could Cost The City
- Police: Alcohol A Factor In Crash That Kills Woman In Md.
- Comptroller, Governor And First Lady To Recognize Artists
- Md. Delegate To Appear In Court On Domestic Violence Order
- School Warns Parents of Student 'Suicide Pact'
Former Alabama University football star 'admitted to having sex with ex-teacher who wanted his baby'
More from Latest News
- Emmerdale's sexual assault storyline sparks dozens of complaints from viewers
- Some of the most unusual McDonald's restaurants from around the world revealed
- ISIS savages murder another 'gay' man in Syria: Man thrown off roof before mob swarm to pelt the corpse with rocks
- He must have used up most of his nine lives! Cat survives 30 mile motorway journey trapped in engine of a car
- McDonald's worker in New Jersey calls out prankster over ice-cream 'coning'
- Eddie Williams, 20, 'had sex with Karissa Wesley about 10 times'
- Williams was kicked off the Alabama squad earlier this year after being accused of taking part in a robbery on campus
- Wesley has strenuously denied the affair
By Paul Thompson
PUBLISHED: 12:20 EST, 23 August 2013 | UPDATED: 13:04 EST, 23 August 2013
Eddie Williams (pictured) was kicked out of the college earlier this year after being arrested for a series of robberies
A former Alabama University football star allegedly admitted to having sex with his former high school teacher, who wanted to have his baby.
Top rated defensive back Eddie Williams, 20, is said to have admitted the affair with his high school athletic director Karissa Wesley, 35, after they became close when she tutored him.
Williams said he had sex with Wesley 'about 10 times' when he visited her house.
Another student, who was present and heard them having sex, told police he ended the affair when Wesley talked about having Williams' baby.
Williams, who was kicked off the Alabama squad earlier this year after being accused of taking part in a robbery on campus, said the affair took place in his senior year.
Williams at first denied the affair - but later confessed, according to Major Tommy Ford with Bay County Sheriff's Office.
Details of the alleged affair emerged as Wesley was suspended from her job as Athletic Director at Arnold High School in Bay County, Florida.
A former coach at the school is reported to have told school board members about the affair while school chiefs received an email from a former teacher Peggy Dawson.
Authorities said Dawson's email included a hand written letter from former football player Andre Allen who alleged that Wesley and Williams had sex.
Allen was referred to as student B while Williams was student A in a subsequent investigation.
The e-mail said that Williams smoked marijuana with Wesley on multiple occasions, stayed the night and drank alcohol with them.
Arnold High School athletic director Karissa Wesley (pictured right with a friend) worked in Bay County, Florida, and denies the allegations
Williams' confession to the affair was released by police to TV station WMBB.
The statement from Allen was also released along with an investigation by school chiefs.
Police said they plan to take no further action as Williams was aged over 18 at the time of the offence.
The allegations of drug use are past the statute of limitations for prosecution.
Wesley has strenuously denied the affair and issued a statement to WMBB TV.
She said:'I deny all allegations in the letter. I want to thank the Arnold students, especially the volleyball players, administration and faculty, parents and community for the outpouring of prayers, love and support.'
The school district investigation found that Wesley is in a relationship with the school's Football and Basketball Coach, Bobby Britton.
Eddie Williams, left, as a senior at Arnold High School, is greeted by teammate Andre Allen in Panama City Beach, Florida, in February in 2012
The alleged affair happened at Arnold High School in Arnold High School in Bay County, Florida (pictured)
He admitted they had been seeing each other for several months. Wesley also admitted to the affair.
The District said the relationship is in violation of the district's supervisor-subordinate relationship policy.
Superintendent Bill Husfelt is recommending Wesley's termination at board meeting on Tuesday.
Williams was considered the top player in Florida when he chose to join Alabama University, known as Crimson Tide.
The Defensive Back was kicked out of the college earlier this year after being arrested for a series of robberies. He was also charged with possession of a firearm.
He is currently awaiting trial.
Alabama's Eddie Williams catches a ball prior to an NCAA college football game against Mississippi State at Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, in October 2012