- Fairfax County Board to announce new commission to review police practices after John Geer fatal shooting
- Hillary Clinton used private e-mail for all government business at State Dept.
- Watch U.S.- Israel: Dangerous Divide, March 3rd at 7 p.m. on NewsChannel 8
- Netanyahu to use Congress' bully pulpit to assail Iran talks
- Spring Is Coming! NPS Predicts Cherry Blossom Peak
- DNA Tool Helping Biologists Find Elusive Or Invasive Species
- Weather Questions: Sleet vs. Hail
- Netanyahu urging Congress to oppose deal with Iran
- WorldViews: Netanyahu’s speech to Congress: The drinking game
- OJ Simpson says his left knee has deteriorated so badly he needs a cane to walk
Two ex-Marines sentenced to death after they raped Iraq vet's wife in front of him and then shot couple in the head
More from Latest News
- LA cops shot homeless man after dragging him from Skid Row tent
- Tragedy as teenager, 13, is killed and her mother hospitalized after being hit by 'inebriated' driver as she sat in the road demanding to sit in the front seat of the car
- Customer finds LIVE CATERPILLAR squirming inside his burger at Ed's Easy Diner
- Father admits raping his own two-month-old son and uploading video footage of the assault to a Norwegian paedophile ring
- Pub-goer broke leg 'trying to recreate scene from Dirty Dancing'
- Sgt Jan Pietrzak, 24, and wife Quiana Jenkins-Pietrzak, 26, were shot dead
- Ex-Marines stormed couple's California home as part of robbery
- Sgt Pietrzak's wife was raped in front of him before couple were killed
- Emrys John, 23, and Tyrone Miller, 25, sentenced to death
- Third ex-Marine, Kevin Cox, 25, sentenced to life in prison without parole
By Kerry Mcdermott
PUBLISHED: 05:38 EST, 21 June 2013 | UPDATED: 05:40 EST, 21 June 2013
Horror attack: Sergeant Jan Pietrzak, 24, and his wife Quiana Jenkins-Pietrzak, 26, were bound and gagged before being shot in the head
Two ex-Marines have been sentenced to death after they stormed the home of an Iraq veteran and his wife and shot the newly married couple dead.
Sgt. Jan Pietrzak, 24, was forced to watch as his wife Quiana Jenkins-Pietrzak, 26, was raped, before the couple were shot in the head by their attackers, according to court documents.
Emrys John, 23, and Tyrone Miller, 25, were both given the death penalty yesterday for their roles in the 2008 killings in Riverside County, California.
A third ex-Marine, Kevin Cox, 25, was sentenced to life in prison without parole.
The three men - all former Marines - had stormed into the couple's home in the French Valley neighbourhood as part of a robbery scheme, prosecutors said.
A jury in Riverside County recommended the death penalty for John and Miller yesterday, according to the LA Times.
Sgt Pietrzak was an Iraq war veteran who was stationed at Miramar Marine Corps Air Station in San Diego.
His wife was a counsellor with an infant care programme in Riverside County.
The couple had been married for just two months.
Court documents revealed they were bound and gagged by their attackers, who lit a fire to destroy evidence in the wake of the killings.
Convicted: Tyrone Miller, left, and Emrys John, right, have been sentenced to the death penalty, while Kevin Cox, centre, was sentenced to life in prison without parole