- Va. Senate panel votes to leave gay-marriage ban in law
- Spiders return home to face Duquesne
- Super Bowl Media Day: Players seem unaffected by #DeflateGate
- Orioles Acquire OF Travis Snider In Trade With Pirates
- WEATHER BLOG: So Cold
- Tennessee health coverage program could be canceled if too costly
- Two Convicted for Prescription Painkiller Trafficking
- Muslim cleric Felix Siauw declares selfies a sin under Islamic law
- Rich pensioners should keep their bus passes says David Cameron
- Would you hire Zoola Fix party fixers on your holiday?
Two ex-Marines sentenced to death after they raped Iraq vet's wife in front of him and then shot couple in the head
More from Latest News
- British holidaymaker, 33, died on Bulgarian skiing trip after snorting super-strength cocaine she bought from club rep for £200
- Rapist jailed after his schoolgirl victim confronted him in the park THIRTY years after attack
- Latest ISIS beheading video released by campaigners in Syria
- Georgia denies clemency to Warren Lee Hill who will be executed today
- Three-week-old Sumatran tiger cubs come out to play at Chester Zoo
- Sgt Jan Pietrzak, 24, and wife Quiana Jenkins-Pietrzak, 26, were shot dead
- Ex-Marines stormed couple's California home as part of robbery
- Sgt Pietrzak's wife was raped in front of him before couple were killed
- Emrys John, 23, and Tyrone Miller, 25, sentenced to death
- Third ex-Marine, Kevin Cox, 25, sentenced to life in prison without parole
By Kerry Mcdermott
PUBLISHED: 05:38 EST, 21 June 2013 | UPDATED: 05:40 EST, 21 June 2013
Horror attack: Sergeant Jan Pietrzak, 24, and his wife Quiana Jenkins-Pietrzak, 26, were bound and gagged before being shot in the head
Two ex-Marines have been sentenced to death after they stormed the home of an Iraq veteran and his wife and shot the newly married couple dead.
Sgt. Jan Pietrzak, 24, was forced to watch as his wife Quiana Jenkins-Pietrzak, 26, was raped, before the couple were shot in the head by their attackers, according to court documents.
Emrys John, 23, and Tyrone Miller, 25, were both given the death penalty yesterday for their roles in the 2008 killings in Riverside County, California.
A third ex-Marine, Kevin Cox, 25, was sentenced to life in prison without parole.
The three men - all former Marines - had stormed into the couple's home in the French Valley neighbourhood as part of a robbery scheme, prosecutors said.
A jury in Riverside County recommended the death penalty for John and Miller yesterday, according to the LA Times.
Sgt Pietrzak was an Iraq war veteran who was stationed at Miramar Marine Corps Air Station in San Diego.
His wife was a counsellor with an infant care programme in Riverside County.
The couple had been married for just two months.
Court documents revealed they were bound and gagged by their attackers, who lit a fire to destroy evidence in the wake of the killings.
Convicted: Tyrone Miller, left, and Emrys John, right, have been sentenced to the death penalty, while Kevin Cox, centre, was sentenced to life in prison without parole