- Jose Pineda, Montgomery County substitute teacher accused of sexual assault, will face trial
- President Obama Accidentally Calls James Franco ‘James Flacco’
- 2014 In Review: Weddings, Deaths & Final Acts
- South Boston Police Look For Missing Halifax County High School Student
- State Police Investigating Fatal Hit-and-Run of 15-year-old
- WorldViews: Vladimir Putin just invited Kim Jong Un to visit Russia. Really.
- Hillsborough inquest barrister asks Kenny Dalglish about drunk, violent fans
- Christmas card from Brindley Motors leaves Burntwood widow angry
- Drug dealer caught with £6.5m heroin in the back of a taxi
- Kepler finds a new 'Super-Earth' despite being crippled in space
Two ex-Marines sentenced to death after they raped Iraq vet's wife in front of him and then shot couple in the head
More from Latest News
- ISIS release photos of a man having his hand amputated for theft
- Famous figures as painted by Old Masters are transformed by Emil Nystrom
- Pictures show sea eagles in Scotland feasting on lamb, rabbit and fish
- Texas janitor thanks 'Christmas miracle' for saving him from freak accident
- First image of newsagent Choudhry Zishan murdered on way to work revealed
- Sgt Jan Pietrzak, 24, and wife Quiana Jenkins-Pietrzak, 26, were shot dead
- Ex-Marines stormed couple's California home as part of robbery
- Sgt Pietrzak's wife was raped in front of him before couple were killed
- Emrys John, 23, and Tyrone Miller, 25, sentenced to death
- Third ex-Marine, Kevin Cox, 25, sentenced to life in prison without parole
By Kerry Mcdermott
PUBLISHED: 05:38 EST, 21 June 2013 | UPDATED: 05:40 EST, 21 June 2013
Horror attack: Sergeant Jan Pietrzak, 24, and his wife Quiana Jenkins-Pietrzak, 26, were bound and gagged before being shot in the head
Two ex-Marines have been sentenced to death after they stormed the home of an Iraq veteran and his wife and shot the newly married couple dead.
Sgt. Jan Pietrzak, 24, was forced to watch as his wife Quiana Jenkins-Pietrzak, 26, was raped, before the couple were shot in the head by their attackers, according to court documents.
Emrys John, 23, and Tyrone Miller, 25, were both given the death penalty yesterday for their roles in the 2008 killings in Riverside County, California.
A third ex-Marine, Kevin Cox, 25, was sentenced to life in prison without parole.
The three men - all former Marines - had stormed into the couple's home in the French Valley neighbourhood as part of a robbery scheme, prosecutors said.
A jury in Riverside County recommended the death penalty for John and Miller yesterday, according to the LA Times.
Sgt Pietrzak was an Iraq war veteran who was stationed at Miramar Marine Corps Air Station in San Diego.
His wife was a counsellor with an infant care programme in Riverside County.
The couple had been married for just two months.
Court documents revealed they were bound and gagged by their attackers, who lit a fire to destroy evidence in the wake of the killings.
Convicted: Tyrone Miller, left, and Emrys John, right, have been sentenced to the death penalty, while Kevin Cox, centre, was sentenced to life in prison without parole