- Sources: Staff member suffered heart attack breaking up fight at John Marshall
- Katy Perry On Super Bowl Halftime Show: ‘Jaws Will Drop And Faces Will Melt’
- UPDATE: Missing Teenager Found in Arkansas
- Former GOP nominee Romney will not run for president in '16
- Former GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney won't run for president in 2016
- Sons of woman who died on smoke-filled subway file $50M lawsuit
- Steve Davis: Thoughts On Sherman’s Baby Decision
- FBI Needs Help Identifying Serial Robbery Suspect
- Maryland Man To Be Sentenced In N.Y. Student’s Hit-And-Run
- Man Pleads Guilty in Fulks Run Shooting
Natalie Holt: BGT egg-thrower's string quartet Raven speak of shock at seeing their bandmate hijack show's live final
More from Latest News
- Police find body in a lake during search for missing mother-of-four, 25, after her partner was charged with her murder
- Terror suspects in court charged with plot to shoot police officers or soldiers in London
- Cameron will NOT form a Coalition with Ukip after the election, reveals Tory chairman Grant Shapps
- Pensioner hit with tax bill for £4.7BILLION (but don't worry, says the Revenue - he can pay it off at £950million a month)
- Breast shaped strip club nicknamed the 'Booby Trap' to be razed
- Natalie Holt, 30, and her string quartet Raven were rejected by BGT last year
- Musician was tonight performing as part of a backing group on live final
- But she ran on to the main stage and pelted Simon Cowell with eggs
- Her band tonight insisted they had no idea Ms Holt planned to interrupt final
- Holt called 'stupid cow' by Amanda Holden and a 'fool' by Phillip Schofield
By Suzannah Hills
PUBLISHED: 16:50 EST, 8 June 2013 | UPDATED: 19:05 EST, 8 June 2013
The bandmates of the violist who egged Simon Cowell live on the Britain's Got Talent final tonight have expressed their shock at her actions.
It comes as musician Natalie Holt faces criticism from celebrities and BGT fans alike after she interrupted a live performance by show finalists to pelt the judges with eggs.
The talented violist, who was rejected along with her bandmates from BGT last year, was branded a 'stupid cow' and 'childish' after the stunt - and even admitted herself it was a 'silly thing to do' shortly afterwards.
Scroll down to watch video
Pleading ignorance: The Raven Quartet bandmates of Natalie Holt, pictured with the violist, second left, tonight said they had no idea that she planned to throw eggs at the BGT judges
Armed: Musician Natalie Holt can be seen clutching a box of eggs as she storms on to the centre of the stage
Tweets: The bandmates of musician Natalie Holt, 30, tonight took to twitter to say they had no knowledge of her plans to interrupt the BGT final
Ms Holt is a member of the string
quartet Raven - who were rejected from BGT last year. The band, who
performed with Madness during the Olympic closing ceremony last year,
tonight insisted they were not involved in the stunt.
On the group's Twitter page, they wrote: 'We were as surprised as all of you.'
They later added: 'Just to clarify... The other 3 of us were working elsewhere today and found out when you did.'
Shortly after interrupting the performance of brothers Richard and Adam, even Natalie Holt issued an apology for her actions.
The 30-year-old said: 'I want to apologise to Richard and Adam for overshadowing their
performance. I’ve never done anything like this before and in hindsight I
have realised it was a silly thing to do.'
is not known why Ms Holt performed the stunt but one of her fellow
bandmates wrote a critical blog about their experience on BGT last year
which was quickly removed.
All together: Natalie pictured with the rest of her band, who auditioned for Britain's Got Talent last year
Moment of infamy: Phillip Schofield expressed his opinion on Ms Holt's actions - branding her a 'total pillock'
But Amanda Holden still branded Ms Holt 'a
stupid cow' after the stunt as other celebrities took to Twitter to criticise the stunt.
Schofield tweeted: 'Oh dear, what a total pillock. No matter what she
was doing, she only made herself look a fool, hope she enjoyed her
moment of infamy...'
He then added: 'She's back into utter obscurity and the show moves on with those with real talent. Well done Richard and Adam. Very dignified composure'.
Other viewers took to Twitter to express their disgust at Ms Holt's actions.
@adrienne65 tweeted: 'very mean of her
to do it during the brothers act. They worked hard for their moment and
she almost ruined it. Childish.'
wrote: 'Natalie Holt, you should be ashamed. Learn to take the bad
times girl. And to do it when another act was on! Weak character'.
But Ms Holt did receive some support.
Taking the plunge: The musician appeared on the talent show with her band, who deny they were involved in the egging
Online onslaught: Many viewers took to Twitter to criticise Natalie Holt throwing eggs at the BGT judges
Points of view: But some viewers came out in support of Natalie Holt - saying they could see her point
Piers Morgan tweeted: 'My vote goes to the egg-thrower' before withdrawing his statement after seeing she had suggested starting a petition on Twitter to stop him returning to the country from America.
He wrote: 'If the egg-thrower was @filmmusicholt as Twitter claims, then after seeing her last tweet, I'm withdrawing my vote!'
A few viewers suggested the stunt was far from unexpected. @pulsenews wrote: 'That was brilliantly staged. I believed it for a few mins. #egggirl aka Natalie Holt'
Ms Holt was performing with a backing
band for brothers Richard and Adam as they sang on the live show
when she ran out on to the stage armed with a box of eggs.
The 30-year-old then pelted eggs at Simon Cowell, hitting his suit jacket, while the two finalists were forced to continue with their performance.
After the egging Simon had to remove his jacket and was left with yolk on his shirt following the attack, but he didn't seem too fazed.
Show must go on: Ms Holt then threw eggs at Simon Cowell as finalists, two brothers Richard and Adam, finished their performance during the live final behind her
Interruption: Ms Holt smiles as she picks up another egg to throw at the BGT judges' table
Mess: Amanda Holden can be seen helping Simon Cowell with his jacket after Ms Holt pelted him with eggs
Simon said he thought the woman was throwing sandwiches and it was part of the performance.
He said: 'I thought it was part of the act, I thought they were throwing sandwiches.'
But the brothers continued their performance and were commended for reacting so calmly.
Richard and Adam said: 'It’s disappointing that someone tried to sabotage our performance but we’re proud that we made it to the end of our song. Thanks to everyone for their support. We’ve had a great time.'
A BGT Spokesperson added: 'During tonight’s show an incident took place during the finale of
Richard and Adam’s performance.
'Natalie Holt was part of the backing group for their performance and as a result of her misguided actions the police were called. However, we have decided to take no further action at this stage.'
Now watch video