- Sources: Mayor Jones to name new RPD Chief Monday
- NFL Awards: Rodgers wins MVP, Murray runs off with Offensive Player, Watt top Defensive Player
- Djokovic wins 5th Australian Open title, Murray runner-up for 4th time
- Egypt frees Australian, one of three jailed Al-Jazeera journalists
- Ernie and Renie Hills married for over 70 years reckon they have solution for world peace
- The easy life in Broadmoor of the 20-stone Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe
- Miss Amazon 2015 runner-up grabs the winner's crown and storms off stage in video
- The rise of Britain's 'homillionaires': Property price boom means an extra 400,000 properties are worth £1m or more
- Search called off for man swept out to sea while scattering ashes as family reveal remains belonged to his sister
- Good Samaritan gives homeless man a Kindle
Katherine Russell: First pictures of Boston bomber's daughter outside her grandparents' Rhode Island home
More from Latest News
- Huckabee compares gay marriage to alcohol, profanity
- Ministry of Justice condemned for error in its simplified guidance for disabled people by suggesting suspects are not innocent until proven guilty
- Moscow library fire damages one million documents and books in 'cultural Chernobyl'
- Ann Mara dead at 85: 'First Lady of Football' and grandmother to actresses Kate and Rooney succumbs to head injury on Super Bowl Sunday
- Sheriff seeking 'person of interest' after 5 people killed
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 13:45 EST, 24 April 2013 | UPDATED: 17:10 EST, 24 April 2013
These pictures show for the first time the little girl of Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev and his wife Katherine Russell - the 'all-American girl' who turned to Islam at the insistence of her terrorist husband.
Photographed in the arms of her grandmother, three-year-old Zahara is now fatherless after Tamerlan, 26, was gunned down in a police shootout on Friday following the terror attacks on the marathon on Monday, April 15th.
Her uncle, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, was charged on Monday with using a weapon of mass destruction to kill and could face the death penalty if he is convicted.
Scroll down for video
Judith Russell with her granddaughter Zahara (the daughter of Katherine Russell) outside on the street in North Kinstown, Rhode Island on Wednesday morning
Judith Russell plays with her grandaiughter Zahara (daughter of Katherine Russell) in North Kinstown, Rhode Island on Wednesday morning
Photographed in North Kinstown, Rhode Island, Zahara and grand-mother Judith Russell, are having to deal with the fallout from the terror attacks which have rocked not just the Tsarnaev family, but the entire nation.
The spotlight has fallen firmly on mother Katherine Russell and what she knew before her 26-year-old husband and brother-in-law detonated two bombs at the Boston marathon, killing three people and injuring over 200.
A police report obtained by MailOnline reveals that the 25-year-old Islamic convert was arrested in 2007 for stealing $67 worth of clothing from an Old Navy store in Warwick, Rhode Island.
And in an intriguing twist, Russell, who was 18 at the time, told officers she was married though she was living at parent’s North Kingstown home and did not meet Tsranaev until some two years later.
Record: It has emerged that Katherine Russell, the widow of Tamerlan Tsarnaev, was arrested for shoplifting from a clothes store in Rhode Island when she was a teenager
What did she know? Katherine's proximity to both
brothers makes her a key witness - witting or otherwise. A team of
federal agents today delivered a package to her home after her mother
reluctantly answered the door over the weekend
Great future: Her friends say she dreamed of going to the Peace Corps - before she met Tsarnaev
The startling revelation of this tawdry incident raises fresh questions over the past and character of the 'all-American girl' 'brainwashed' according to some, by her fanatic husband.
Katherine was arrested along with an unnamed female minor on 26 June 2007.
Then, the police report states, she was 'skinny' with hazel eyes and red or auburn hair – now firmly concealed by the Hijab. She is described as unemployed and married.
Old Navy store security guard Linda Lewis stopped the girls having watched Katherine and her companion enter the store, select several items and put them in their handbags.
Katherine was summonsed to appear at Kent County Courthouse where her charge was dismissed on paying a $200 fine and doing community service.
Scene: She was allegedly caught stealing $67 worth of goods from this store in Warwick, Rhode Island
Widow: Russell, the wife of Tamerlan Tsarnaev, leaves her family home with her lawyer Tuesday morning
Low profile: She reportedly spoke with investigators for the first time since the bombings on Tuesday
The revelation comes after it emerged that Tsarnaev displayed a disturbing pattern of verbal abuse and violence toward women, including his wife, according to those who knew him.
Close friends of his wife claimed that Tsarnaev, 26, was combative, angry and controlling.
Tsarnaev was arrested in July 2009 for allegedly slapping former girlfriend, Nadine Ascencao, 25, according to court records.
Ascencao was 'crying hysterically' and called 911 to report that she was 'beat up by her boyfriend,' Cambridge Police Officer Angela Pereira wrote in the arrest report.
Tsarnaev told Pereira and another officer that his girlfriend 'was yelling at him because of another girl.'
Rage: Tsarnaev was known to fly into into fits of rage where he would throw objects, including furniture
Asked whether he had hit Ascencao, Tsarnaev stated, 'Yes, I slapped her.' He specifically stated that he struck the left side of her face.
Eleven months later, Tsarnaev was apparently no longer dating Aschencao. He had persuaded Russell to convert from Christianity to Islam and the couple married on June 21, 2010.
Around the same time, Russell became pregnant with Tsarnaev's baby. She dropped out of school in her senior year and reportedly began pulling away from her friends and family.