- District shoppers welcome luxury retailers at CityCenterDC
- Thanksgiving fire destroys Md. condo complex, displaces 27
- Black Friday Begins Earlier Than Ever In Md.
- Convicted child molester allowed on school grounds by school, but not court system
- JMU Football Gearing Up For Playoff Game
- The veg we like to eat but are afraid to cook: Sweet potatoes and artichokes among foods diners order at restaurants but have no idea how to prepare at home
- 'I don't look like I did 30 years ago, get over it!' Kathleen Turner tells all about her desperate battle with the ravaging effects of arthritis, and why she's ready to fall in love
- Sickie town! Residents at top seaside resorts and country beauty spots stay off work most often
- Schools told to crack down on teaching of Sharia law: New 'strengthened' guidance demands pupils are taught difference between English criminal law and religious law
- Lose 10lb in 10 days: Dreading the party season in case you can't squeeze into your frock, a top nutritionist reveals the diet celebrities use to get results FAST
'Buckwild' Star, Shain Gandee, Dies At 21
More from Latest News
- Now energy giant is accused of blackmail over boss's £25m pay which includes £12m 'golden hello'
- The real culprits behind the fly-tip one mile long... it's the green fanatics and meddling EU
- Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell's other jobs pay up to £18,000 a DAY
- Chilling video of the moment an army veteran held father hostage with a gun to his neck in an office building because he 'wanted to go to jail'
- Two Australian tourists including 16-year-old and 60-year-old are dead after a van collided with a milk tanker in New Zealand
"Buckwild" cast member Shain Gandee was found dead, TMZ reports.
In a statement released Monday morning, the Kanawha County Sheriff's Department reported the MTV reality star as missing. However, authorities later confirmed that the 21-year-old was found dead in a truck in Sissonville, W. Va., along with two other bodies, the Charleston Gazette reports.
ABC affiliate WCHS-TV reports that a man on a four-wheeler spotted the three unresponsive people in a vehicle on Wolf Pen Road Monday morning. After emergency services responded, the three were confirmed dead.
According to Kanawha County Commissioner Kent Carper, the body of Gandee's 48-year-old uncle, David Gandee, was also recovered, local CBS affiliate WOWK-TV reports. The identity of the third body has not been released.
In the missing persons advisory, police said Gandee was last seen with his uncle at Larry's Bar in Sissonville at about 3 a.m. on March 31. Both men were reported missing overnight after family and friends could not locate them throughout the day.
The two men told others that they planned on going "four-wheeling" in the younger Gandee's Ford Bronco, police said. However, the men did not specify exactly where they planned to drive off-road. The red-and-white vehicle was last seen leaving the parking lot of Larry's Bar early Sunday morning.
MTV recently renewed "Buckwild" for a second season. The reality show, which is filmed around Sissonville, has received heavy criticism from West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin who called for its cancelation. In a letter to MTV, Manchin slammed the "Jersey Shore" replacement for its "ugly, inaccurate stereotypes about the people of West Virginia."
UPDATE: MTV has released the following statement:
"We are shocked and saddened by the terrible news about Shain Gandee, and those involved in this tragic incident. We are waiting for more information but at this time, our main concern is for the Gandee family and their friends. Our thoughts and prayers are with them. Shain had a magnetic personality, with a passion for life that touched everyone he met and we will miss him dearly.”