- Rain and snowstorms could greet holiday travelers
- Dwight Bailey being sued by former patient
- Music Company Suing Valley Restaurant
- North Korean Web goes dark days after Obama pledges response to Sony hack
- RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: Get out of the car please, sir, and sneeze into this
- The first map of the sky: Mysterious 3600 year old 'Sky Calender' that let ancient farmers track the seasons
- We will bring in our mansion tax straight away, warns Balls: Shadow Chancellor says he wants to start raising money for the NHS as soon as possible if Labour take power
- HARRIET ARKELL SAVVY SHOPPER: From gin smoked salmon to garlic lobster tails... Super seafood to serve on Christmas Eve
- Labour schemes to snatch Clegg's seat in 'decapitation' bid: Party thinks it can scupper chance of second Coalition by taking Deputy PM's constituency
- Today I had a cigar with Fritz's best sniper. I hope we see him off tomorrow: We know about the 1914 Christmas truce. But these extraordinary letters from men on both sides cast a new light on this iconic episode
Ex-Beauty Queen Peggy Sue Thomas Sentenced To 4 Years For Murder Case
More from Latest News
- Currency trader wanted over '£130million fraud' vanishes hours after detectives missed chance to arrest him when he walked into police station
- Weeping wife of murdered NYPD officer who'd only married two months before breaks her silence to say 'we'll get through this'
- Beware of the NINE consumer rip-offs this Christmas - including fake parcels, expensive hampers and useless warranties
- World Service 'outgunned by the Russians and Chinese': Senior MP warns cuts mean Britain is failing to counter biased information put out by the superpowers
- New York City Republican congressman will plead guilty to tax felony and could get THREE YEARS in prison -- weeks after cruising to re-election
Former Ms. Washington, Peggy Sue Thomas was sentenced to four years in prison for her role in Whidbey Island murder of a former colleague's husband.
Thomas, 47 years-old accepted a plea bargain in January to the crime that was related to the murder of Russ Douglas. She pleaded guilty to rendering criminal assistance in the first degree, and in exchange for a guilty plea, prosecutors recommended a four-year sentence.
The former beauty queen conspired with her then boyfriend James Huden to murder Douglas after leading him to a location on Whidbey Island. He was found shot to death in a car just a few days after Christmas in 2003. She was working at a beauty salon owned by Douglas' wife.
Like Us on Facebook :
The sentence of Superior Court Judge Alan Hancock disappointed the victim's family member. Had she been convicted of first degree murder charge, Thomas could have faced up to 45 years in prison.
"It seems like a travesty of the basic sense of justice that she would be sentenced to less than four years in prison for the cold and premeditated act that could not have happened without her involvement," the victim's father, Jim Douglas, said in court on Friday.
"She has escaped a major-league crime for a minor-league sentence," he said.
James Huden was convicted last summer of murder and received a sentence of 80 years in prison. Thomas was not arrested and charged with murder until 2011.