- North Richmond shooting injures 1 person
- Artisphere arts center in Rosslyn likely to close next year
- Police: Man with Gun Attempts Robbery at Hardee's Drive-Through
- Putin predicts economic recovery but warns West against pressuring Russian ‘bear’
- Artist Amit Shimoni imagines former world leaders as HIPSTERS in Hipstory series
- No fiance? No problem! Japanese travel agency offers women chance to be solo bride for the day (and for an extra fee you can even hire a groom for the pictures)
- France named most expensive country in Europe for ski passes
- Obesity IS a DISABILITY, rules highest EU court after 25st Danish childminder was 'sacked for being too fat to perform his job properly'
- Russell Brand publishes rambling apology to RBS worker and offers to buy him paella
- Moment thieves stole elderly couple's Christmas money seconds after they withdrew it
Police hunt for 'preppy muggers' who assaulted restaurant employee
More from Latest News
- Families are using less energy than five years ago... despite increasing number of gadgets in the home
- 'Degrading, disgusting and cruel': Gang who flew from Sydney to Perth to torture drug dealer over debt get long jail terms
- American troops battle ISIS for first time as they see off attempted attack by militants on Iraqi base
- Severe storm lashes Brisbane, leaving thousands of homes without power
- That's handy! Farm worker regains use of arm that was completely SEVERED in machinery accident and successfully reattached
- Raleigh police are on the hunt for five 'preppy' men, including one wearing a business suit, who last month reportedly assaulted a restaurant employee
- Police say the five men punched and kicked Joshua Daniel Mosley, 30, until he became unconscious
- Mosley was taken to a local hospital after the early-morning attack on Saturday, November 24
- He said he continues to suffer from headaches, dizziness and memory lapses two weeks after the incident
PUBLISHED: 15:01 EST, 7 December 2012 | UPDATED: 15:42 EST, 7 December 2012
Police are on the hunt for a group of ‘preppy’ muggers -- five dapper men, including one wearing a business suit, who last month reportedly assaulted a restaurant employee.
Joshua Daniel Mosley, 30, of Raleigh, North Carolina, was taken to a local hospital after the early-morning attack on Saturday, November 24.
Police are now using video surveillance footage of the five men, which was made public this week, to track down suspects, the Charlotte Observer reports.
Preppy roughians: Five well-dressed men are said to have assaulted a local restaurant employee after going through his co-worker's purse. Two are shown here
Surveillance footage: Two of the suspected men were caught on camera shoving each other. It is unclear whether they were engaged in a dispute or roughhousing
Officers say the assault occurred in front of the Italian restaurant where Mosley worked between 2.30 and 3am, when most of the area’s bars began to close.
The muggers seized Mosley’s co-worker’s purse and were digging through it when he ran over to help her, according to a police report of the incident.
Police say the five men then punched and kicked Mosley until he became unconscious.
‘They worked me over pretty good,’ he told the Observer. ‘When they were through, they threw me on the ground.’
Suspected muggers: The men were described as wearing jeans, a pale yellow jacket, khakis, and loafers, while one was wearing a suit
Medical officials closed a gaping wound in the middle of Mosley’s forehead using glue.
Look familiar? One of the men is caught on camera by himself
‘It was either glue or 13 stitches,’ Mosley said.
The assaulted restaurant employee said he also suffered a gash under his eye, injuries to his nose and bruises on his right arm due to the attack.
He said he continues to suffer from headaches, dizziness and memory lapses two weeks after the incident.
Mosley’s co-worker, Mia Longo, described the five muggers as being dressed ‘preppy.’
‘Jeans, a pale yellow jacket, khakis, loafers,’ she told the Observer. ‘One was wearing a suit.’
Police obtained video surveillance footage from that morning, which includes images of the well-dressed men, but not the assault. The footage has not been released to the public yet.
In two photos, two of the men can be seen shoving each other.
It is unclear whether they were engaged in a dispute or roughhousing.
Police are asking that anyone who recognizes the suspects or who may have seen them elsewhere around the time of the assault call Raleigh Crime Stoppers at 919-834-4357.