- Police use pepper spray to break up fights at Varina HS
- Brandermill home awaits holiday lights contest results
- Son of former governor McDonnell charged with DUI
- Synagogue vouyerism class-action lawsuit names Rabbinical Council of America as defendant
- Mentally ill Md. mother kidnaps 11-year-old son, police say
- AACO Police Looking For Taxi Carjacking Suspects
- Game of Thrones Author Offers to Screen ‘The Interview’ at His Movie Theater
- Interview: Dierks Bentley on Watching Audiences React to His Emotional Songs: ‘I Have to Close My Eyes’
- Constantly changing online prices stump shoppers
- Va. shortens process for felons to seek rights restoration
Father Discovers His 15-Year-Old Daughter Was Fooling Around With Homeless Man, 28
More from Latest News
- Waterloo driver rammed two police cars and was arrested at gunpoint in video
- US military launch six air strikes against ISIS targets in Syria
- Ambulance boss Dr Anthony Marsh earning £232k a year steps down
- Husband is convicted of strangling his wife in jealous range after she began relationship with another man
- Graphic crime scene photos show aftermath of shooting involving 'Operation Fast and Furious' rifle
A father's worst nightmare came true when a homeless man admitted to having sex with a 15-year-old girl whose family he knew.
Brent Jacob Surdyke, 28, of St. Charles, Missouri, was charged with statutory rape and statutory sodomy on Thursday.
The relationship between Surdyke and his unnamed victim was discovered by the girl's father, who found text messages between the two on his daughter’s cell phone.
The 15-year-old told her father that she and Surdyke had been having sex, most recently at a St. Charles motel on December 1, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.
Surdyke, who is reported to be a friend of the family, confessed to the relationship, local police say.
His bail was set at $25,000.
No other details about Surdyke or his ties to the family were available at the time of this report.
Surdyke is the fourth person in the St. Charles area in the past two months to be charged with having sex with a minor.
John Scott Thomas III, 28, pleaded guilty in November to sexually abusing three young girls, in what police said was one of the worst cases of child abuse in the county.
The victims were girls ages 5, 3, and 7 months.
Thomas is set to be sentenced on February 5. In exchange for his guilty plea, prosecutors have asked that his sentence be capped at 30 years.
Rebecca Sue Russell, 31, pleaded guilty in November to sexually abusing two young girls, ages 5 years old and 7 months old.
Russell is now serving 10 years in jail.
Billy Joe Bunch Jr., 26, pleaded guilty in November to sexually abusing a 5-year-old girl.
Bunch has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.