- 2 women in hospital after shooting in Shockoe Bottom
- Holiday shopping kicks off on Thanksgiving Day
- Family of 6-year-old praying for life-saving surgery
- 4 killed as insurgent attacks continue in Afghanistan
- Italian designer unveils stunning 164ft BRONZE Belafonte superyacht
- Astronauts reveal space station Thanksgiving menu of irradiated turkey
- Breathe in! Thai market set on TOP of railway tracks... so locals have to move stalls every time trains pass through
- The incredible moment intrepid kayaker paddles over Tomata Falls
- Dame Sally Davies says it is crucial two to four-year-old children get flu vaccination
- Asda boss sacked over claims that £180,000 of charity cash was funnelled to firm run by his dancer lover
Ellen Angers Moms Again Because of JC Penny Advertising
More from Latest News
- Google Australia honours Hughes with image of a bat on the home page, as #putoutyourbats social media campaign makes a splash around the world
- Two Brits arrested over mystery disappearance of businessman's girlfriend last seen three months ago at Spanish nightclub popular with celebrities
- Spanish Ebola survivor Teresa Romero is being sued for defamation by her doctor over claims she dismissed fears she had the virus
- Senior policeman on duty during Plebgate row feels sorry for Andrew Mitchell and slams Scotland Yard's handling of issue
- Tower of London hosted £240-a-head dinner for arms dealers even while its moving poppy memorial installation was still being taken apart
One Million Moms, a group that advocates for television to be less filthy and more "Christian," is rallying against JC Penny again. The group is outraged that Ellen DeGeneres, a gay woman, is featured in an ad, specifically a Christmas one.
One MillIon Moms, upon hearing DeGeneres was named JC Penny's spokesperson, petitioned to get her fired. DeGeneres addressed her critics, One Million Moms on her show in February.
She also commented about her values, and how proud she was of her supporters and JC Penny.
JC Penny CEO Ron Johnson spoke to CBS about the controversy when Ellen was named the spokesperson.
What has galvanized One Million Moms once again against Ellen is her recent Christmas commercial for the company.
One Million Moms on their website, wrote on Tuesday the following:
"Since April, JC Penney's has not aired Ellen DeGeneres in one of their commercials until now. A new JCP ad features Ellen and three elves. JCP has made their choice to offend a huge majority of their customers again. Christians must now vote with their wallets. We have contacted JC Penney's several times in the past with our concerns, and they will not listen. They have decided to ignore our complaints so we will avoid them at all costs."
JC Penny and Ellen fans continue to support her and are speaking back against One Million Moms on YouTube and blogs alike.