- RVA plow truck driver goes 'rogue'
- Putin critic, Russian opposition leader shot dead near Kremlin
- Germantown condo residents still waiting for snow plows
- Close Calls Between Drones And Planes Have FAA Concerned
- Lynrocten Customer: Lost $1,000s, Would Have "Bet Life" On Fmr. Credit Union Manager
- SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Harriet Harman's pink Barbie Bus breaks the law
- Hoodies that get you high!: The latest fashion trend is clothing equipped with pot smoking devices
- Adorable meerkat mum topples over from exhaustion while feeding her newborn babies
- Three cups of tea a day can cut your risk of diabetes even if you add milk
- Ours is the oldest bar in New York and we have PROOF: Queen's bar that starred in Goodfellas takes aim at Manhattan's McSorley's
Liam Hardy, 14, found hanged 'in fainting game' was about to become a father
More from Latest News
- Married Kindergarten teacher with two young daughters arrested for 'sexual abuse and solicitation of a child' - and she still has her job
- Philadelphia man scams woman by pretending to be an attorney when he was actually at the courthouse to face assault charges
- Fisherman, 22, tries to produce counterfeit $100 bills using NAPKINS... but is caught out when store clerk realizes they are fake
- House approves one-week funding extension for Homeland Security in 11th hour vote
- Former PM John Howard was rushed to hospital with a heart problem and is recovering after operation to insert two stents to keep his arteries open
- Liam Hardy was found unconscious at his grandparents home
- It is feared he may have become another victim of the 'fainting game' - in which young people choke themselves to achieve a brief high
By Anthony Bond
PUBLISHED: 17:26 EST, 6 December 2012 | UPDATED: 17:50 EST, 6 December 2012
Tragic: Liam Hardy, 14, who was found hanging at his grandparents home is thought to be the latest victim of the 'fainting game'. It has emerged he was about to become a father
A 14-year-old boy who was found hanging at his grandparents home is thought to be the latest victim of the 'fainting game'.
Liam Hardy - who was about to become a father - was found unconscious at the home in Sutton.
He was taken to the St George's Hospital in Tooting but died eight days later.
As reported by the Evening Standard, it is feared he may have become another victim of the 'fainting game' - in which young people choke themselves to achieve a brief high.
It is a craze which started in America and campaign groups say 86 people may have died in Britain as a result of the game.
Warm tributes have already been paid to the youngster. A memorial has been set up in front of Carshalton Boys' Sports College which is covered in flowers and messages.
Some of his friends at the school are also receiving counseling.
His girlfriend Paige Ramsay is pregnant with their daughter.
She has left a number of messages on a Facebook page which was set up in the teenager's memory.
In one she said: 'Not long until our baby girl is here Liam. I can't wait to meet her so then I'm finally holding part of you again.
'I know I always said I was scared of giving birth but now I just don't care because then you'll finally be looking back at me again.'
An inquest into the teenager's death has been opened and adjourned and the Metropolitan Police are not treating the death as suspicious. He died last Tuesday.
Sad: The teenager was taken to the St George's Hospital, pictured, in Tooting after he was found but died eight days later