- Sheriff's Office to have 'elevated presence' Monday & Tuesday at Dinwiddie HS
- McAuliffe says Virginia economy 'perilous'
- Veteran D.C. journalist and beloved GW professor Mike Shanahan dead at 71
- Marion Barry being remembered as civil rights pioneer
- Katy Perry To Perform At Super Bowl Halftime Show
- U.S. Attorney Timothy J. Heaphy to Step Down
- Ferguson protesters scrawl Hunger Games slogan on landmark
- J. Sisters who introduced the Brazilian wax to New York introduce the 'vagacial'
- Who's high-maintenance now?! New generation of vain men are more likely to get beauty treatments than women
- Judge rules that suspect's confession that he killed missing six-year-old Etan Patz in 1979 CAN be used in his trial
Drunk man, 19, arrested after PUNCHING puppy in the face
More from Latest News
- Child porn suspect previously investigated after asking to babysit a stranger's child
- Fraudster swindled nearly £2million from his in-laws and friends in Ponzi-style sports betting scheme to fund his gambling addiction
- Seattle's bus drivers 'forced to wear adult diapers or carry a jar on their route because toilet access was so bad'
- Man arrested after posting photo of stolen guns on Facebook
- Ferguson protesters scrawl Hunger Games slogan on landmark as tense town waits for grand jury decision on indicting Darren Willson over killing of Michael Brown
By Helen Lawson
PUBLISHED: 04:33 EST, 3 November 2012 | UPDATED: 04:52 EST, 3 November 2012
A 19-year-old man has been arrested for punching his family's puppy in the face and throwing her against a tree while drunk.
The attack left the five-month-old German Shepherd, called Bernice, limping and with a swollen and bloodshot right eye.
Jesse Pegram, of Ethel, Washington, Seattle, was arrested on suspicion of first-degree animal cruelty after the assault in the early hours of Friday morning.
This picture shows Bernice the German Shepherd puppy with the swollen and bloodshot eye after the horrific attack by drunken Jesse Pegram
Family members called police in the early hours of Friday morning as Jesse Pegram, 19, punched five-month-old puppy Bernice and threw her against a tree
Pegram's relatives called the sheriff's office at 1am to say he was out of control and attacking Bernice.
They told officers that Pegram had also thrown her against a tree.
The puppy is expected to make a full recovery after she was taken to the Cascade West Veterinary Hospital in Centralia.
Vet Dr Chris Affeldt said Bernice may be transferred to an animal shelter from the hospital this weekend.