- Pier At HarborView Collapses, Suspends Weekend Water Taxi Service
- Coastal Storm May Cause Thanksgiving Travel Headaches
- Santa Train marks beginning of holiday season in Appalachia
- Hearing Rescheduled for Suspect in Student Probe
- One Girl Beats the Odds
- Kerry says Gaps Remain in Talks About Iran's Nukes
- We're aloof and out of touch, says senior Tory MP DAVID DAVIS, who warns: 'Stay that way, and we'll lose election'
- It's time to stop dancing to cynical Ukip's corrosive, pernicious tune, says the vice chairman of the Tory backbench 1922 Committee CHARLES WALKER
- RACHEL JOHNSON: Who's really behind the mansion tax? Posh snobs!
- That sultry voice on the phone DOES belong to a sexy woman
Celebrity Divorce: Suri to Live Primarily With Katie Holmes
More from Latest News
- Obama tees off alongside Derek Jeter on exclusive Las Vegas golf course one day after delivering historic immigration speech
- Father drowns after saving his five-year-old daughter when their kayak capsized in a dam
- Teen fired from a restaurant for requesting six-weeks-off for brain and spinal cord cancer treatment
- Prosecutor appointed to investigate 'gang rape by seven men at University of Virginia fraternity' forced to resign HOURS later as it emerged he was a member of the same brotherhood
- From runway to fairway: Anger as RAF spends £14,000 of taxpayer cash on a GOLF SIMULATOR after cutting 10,000 staff in just four years
Although Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes agreed to keep the details of their divorce settlement under wraps, details have started to emerge. The most important one: the battle over their 6-year-old daughter Suri, of whom the actress requested sole custody in her June 29 filing. According to People magazine, both Cruise and Holmes agreed that Suri “should live primarily with her mother in New York City with generous visitation by her father.” Adds a source, “They both love their daughter and Tom thinks she should be with her mother … Neither one of them wanted this to be hashed out in public."
Ever since Holmes, 33, surprised Cruise with divorce papers just days before his 50th birthday, Suri has been spotted with her mother all over Manhattan. The two, who moved out of the “Rock of Ages” star’s East Village home and now live in a new three-bedroom apartment in the Chelsea neighborhood, have visited museums, grabbed lunch with friends, and gone out for ice cream together. Although Suri has not seen her father since he’s been filming in Iceland, she does reportedly talk to him on the phone every day. People also reports that she will be enrolled in a private school in the city come this fall.
Although she won the war for Suri, Holmes did not get much in the money battle with Cruise, according to the LA Times. The former “Dawson’s Creek” actress will not get “any significant money or property” due to their prenup, a source tells the newspaper. Holmes, the source adds, “was never after money but wanted to protect her daughter.”
Earlier on Monday, there were reports that Holmes wanted to banish Scientology from Suri’s life and also wanted a nanny of her choosing to accompany Suri at all times during visits with her father, but her lawyer warns that you shouldn’t believe everything you read. "There are numerous inaccuracies in the reports regarding the purported contents of the agreement reached between the parties," Jonathan Wolfe said in a statement. "The agreement is confidential and its terms will not be disclosed."