- Fort Lee soldiers share in sacrifice on Thanksgiving
- Local gyms stay open on Thanksgiving, Black Friday
- D.C. restaurants offer alternative cooking methods for Thanksgiving dinner
- Nicky Morgan brands Michael Gove an 'ideological warrior' in bid to woo teachers
- Pregnant Jodie Guthrie dead after being hit by driver but her baby is born alive
- One in three doctors in the UK want assisted dying legalised
- Police arrest mafia godfather's son Valentino Gionta Jnr after discovering secret tunnel
- At last David Cameron acts over migrants
- Phillip Hughes' kit could have prevented his injury, say experts
- Cheshire children read details of vehicles left illegally outside the gates over Tannoy
Celebrity Divorce: Suri to Live Primarily With Katie Holmes
More from Latest News
- Dr. Brett Bolton loses medical license after declaring himself Jesus'
- George Osborne tipped to abolish tax on pension payments paid to widows
- Tories and Lib Dems to force vote on 'home rule' issue after Scottish pledge
- Mac on... New gastric band guidlines
- Half of children aged 11 have never even caught a bus reveals study
Although Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes agreed to keep the details of their divorce settlement under wraps, details have started to emerge. The most important one: the battle over their 6-year-old daughter Suri, of whom the actress requested sole custody in her June 29 filing. According to People magazine, both Cruise and Holmes agreed that Suri “should live primarily with her mother in New York City with generous visitation by her father.” Adds a source, “They both love their daughter and Tom thinks she should be with her mother … Neither one of them wanted this to be hashed out in public."
Ever since Holmes, 33, surprised Cruise with divorce papers just days before his 50th birthday, Suri has been spotted with her mother all over Manhattan. The two, who moved out of the “Rock of Ages” star’s East Village home and now live in a new three-bedroom apartment in the Chelsea neighborhood, have visited museums, grabbed lunch with friends, and gone out for ice cream together. Although Suri has not seen her father since he’s been filming in Iceland, she does reportedly talk to him on the phone every day. People also reports that she will be enrolled in a private school in the city come this fall.
Although she won the war for Suri, Holmes did not get much in the money battle with Cruise, according to the LA Times. The former “Dawson’s Creek” actress will not get “any significant money or property” due to their prenup, a source tells the newspaper. Holmes, the source adds, “was never after money but wanted to protect her daughter.”
Earlier on Monday, there were reports that Holmes wanted to banish Scientology from Suri’s life and also wanted a nanny of her choosing to accompany Suri at all times during visits with her father, but her lawyer warns that you shouldn’t believe everything you read. "There are numerous inaccuracies in the reports regarding the purported contents of the agreement reached between the parties," Jonathan Wolfe said in a statement. "The agreement is confidential and its terms will not be disclosed."