- John Unitas Jr On His New Book Johnny U And Me The Man Behind The Golden Arm
- Saints Brace Once More For Ravens’ Steve Smith
- World's most advanced hacking spyware uncovered
- Former model accuses Bill Cosby of drugging her wine before sexually assaulting her as she says he may be the 'greatest serial rapist that ever got away with it'
- 'ISIS have sleeper cells in the UK' claims Dimitri Bontinck
- Dr Sue Downing's dogs go missing following burglary at her home
- SpaceX's Elon Musk unveils a Star Wars-style 'X-wing' rocket on Twitter
- Step aside Kim Kardashian, Odell Beckham Jr broke the internet
- Former model's Facebook profile pictures used on 'Plenty of Fish' dating profile
- Humpback whales lunge out of Pacific Ocean in feeding frenzy caught on camera
Zac Efron Falls At Home And Breaks His Jaw
More from Headline
- Cleveland boy with pellet gun dies after police shoot him
- New York lawmakers meet to address police shooting of unarmed man
- Grand jury expected to resume Ferguson police shooting deliberations
- Flooding could follow heavy snow in western New York
- Scandal-plagued former Washington mayor Marion Barry dies
Zac Efron has had a tough few months with completing rehab for alcohol and cocaine problems, and now the former teen heartthrob has broken his jaw. Not only did Efron need to have his jaw wired shut, he also needed stitches because of a cut he suffered when falling.
Yes, that face with a jaw wired shut and stitches. The women of America weep.
The incident reportedly happened over the weekend, when Efron slipped in a puddle of water in front of his home in Los Angeles. Apparently Efron didn’t notice the water and took a spill. As bad as breaking your jaw, having it wired shut and needing stitches sounds, Efron is expected to recover just fine.
Efron’s friend and costar Michael B. Jordan (note the middle initial) told E! Online that Efron is doing fine. “He’s good,” Jordan said. “He’s going to be OK.” Jordan is starring with Efron in the upcoming That Awkward Moment film, which is set to release in theaters on January 31, 2014. Efron also had a movie release back in October called Parkland, which chronicles the events at Parkland Hospital in Texas after JFK was assassinated.
The Lucky One star was supposed to be doing some promotions for That Awkward Moment, but it looks like he will have to put that on hold while he gives his jaw time to heal. It can take around two months for a broken jaw to heal up, so Efron’s activities will be limited for a while.
Despite this setback, judging from Efron’s Twitter account, it seems like the 26-year-old actor has been doing pretty well lately. The news of his alcohol and drug abuse problem came as quite a shock to many of his fans, but it looks like he has been busy traveling and promoting his films.
Efron posted a note to his fans a few weeks ago on Who Say thanking his fans for their support: “Hey guys! Just returned from an incredible trip to Peru with my dad and wanted to thank you all for your support these past few weeks…means the world to me. Love you guys!”