- Column calls for VCU to strip Bill Cosby of honorary degree
- Central Va. businesses get read for Small Business Saturday
- 2 injured in Shockoe club shooting
- Gun sales shoot up on Black Friday
- Manhunt launched after psychiatric patient assaults two hospital staff before attacking member of public and escaping in their car
- George Osborne to hand NHS extra £1bn as hospital admissions soar
- Inventor creates the Fugu suitcase that triples in size
- Army bosses ban Paras from talking about botched Afghan rescue bid that inspired Kajaki movie
- Chris Hunter - The hero the jihadis couldn't kill
- We love him and always will grief stricken Michael Clarke breaks
Zac Efron Falls At Home And Breaks His Jaw
More from Headline
- Darren Wilson to receive $1 million in funding from supporters: 'Michael Brown made a bad choice that day.'
- P. D. James, Author of the Adam Dalgliesh Mysteries, Dies at 94
- Outbreak of bubonic plague in Madagascar has claimed 47 victims
- $100k in cash found inside bag at Cali. Burger King
- Roseanne's Bill Cosby joke gone wrong
Zac Efron has had a tough few months with completing rehab for alcohol and cocaine problems, and now the former teen heartthrob has broken his jaw. Not only did Efron need to have his jaw wired shut, he also needed stitches because of a cut he suffered when falling.
Yes, that face with a jaw wired shut and stitches. The women of America weep.
The incident reportedly happened over the weekend, when Efron slipped in a puddle of water in front of his home in Los Angeles. Apparently Efron didn’t notice the water and took a spill. As bad as breaking your jaw, having it wired shut and needing stitches sounds, Efron is expected to recover just fine.
Efron’s friend and costar Michael B. Jordan (note the middle initial) told E! Online that Efron is doing fine. “He’s good,” Jordan said. “He’s going to be OK.” Jordan is starring with Efron in the upcoming That Awkward Moment film, which is set to release in theaters on January 31, 2014. Efron also had a movie release back in October called Parkland, which chronicles the events at Parkland Hospital in Texas after JFK was assassinated.
The Lucky One star was supposed to be doing some promotions for That Awkward Moment, but it looks like he will have to put that on hold while he gives his jaw time to heal. It can take around two months for a broken jaw to heal up, so Efron’s activities will be limited for a while.
Despite this setback, judging from Efron’s Twitter account, it seems like the 26-year-old actor has been doing pretty well lately. The news of his alcohol and drug abuse problem came as quite a shock to many of his fans, but it looks like he has been busy traveling and promoting his films.
Efron posted a note to his fans a few weeks ago on Who Say thanking his fans for their support: “Hey guys! Just returned from an incredible trip to Peru with my dad and wanted to thank you all for your support these past few weeks…means the world to me. Love you guys!”