- Official: Man on terror most-wanted list detained in Somalia
- City Council vote paves the way for Stone Brewing to build
- Northeast winter weather causes local shellfish shortage
- Former Va. Governor's Appeal Cites Broad Bribery Definition
- How chocolate cake helped capture Mexico’s most-wanted drug lord
- UK weather conditions cause travel chaos as heavy snow blankets the country
- Fog-honker Morgan really does seem to be a prize steaming dud: QUENTIN LETTS Yesterday in Parliament
- Dentist struck off after trying to work on woman's teeth in MCDONALD'S
- Foreign aid budget to outstrip defence by 2031 if spending changes continue under successive governments
- Why the EU's plan to ban halogen light bulbs should make you blow a fuse, by JAMES DELINGPOLE
Zac Efron Falls At Home And Breaks His Jaw
More from Headline
- FBI being sued for $30million by father of Boston Marathon bomber's friend Ibragim Todashev, who was shot seven times in his apartment
- Skydiver dramatically rescued after suffering seizure in midair
- Ludacris and wife Eudoxie are expecting
- Justin Bieber turns 21, celebrates with friends
- Woman reveals she was stabbed with scissors and strangled by her son, 11, and daughter, 9
Zac Efron has had a tough few months with completing rehab for alcohol and cocaine problems, and now the former teen heartthrob has broken his jaw. Not only did Efron need to have his jaw wired shut, he also needed stitches because of a cut he suffered when falling.
Yes, that face with a jaw wired shut and stitches. The women of America weep.
The incident reportedly happened over the weekend, when Efron slipped in a puddle of water in front of his home in Los Angeles. Apparently Efron didn’t notice the water and took a spill. As bad as breaking your jaw, having it wired shut and needing stitches sounds, Efron is expected to recover just fine.
Efron’s friend and costar Michael B. Jordan (note the middle initial) told E! Online that Efron is doing fine. “He’s good,” Jordan said. “He’s going to be OK.” Jordan is starring with Efron in the upcoming That Awkward Moment film, which is set to release in theaters on January 31, 2014. Efron also had a movie release back in October called Parkland, which chronicles the events at Parkland Hospital in Texas after JFK was assassinated.
The Lucky One star was supposed to be doing some promotions for That Awkward Moment, but it looks like he will have to put that on hold while he gives his jaw time to heal. It can take around two months for a broken jaw to heal up, so Efron’s activities will be limited for a while.
Despite this setback, judging from Efron’s Twitter account, it seems like the 26-year-old actor has been doing pretty well lately. The news of his alcohol and drug abuse problem came as quite a shock to many of his fans, but it looks like he has been busy traveling and promoting his films.
Efron posted a note to his fans a few weeks ago on Who Say thanking his fans for their support: “Hey guys! Just returned from an incredible trip to Peru with my dad and wanted to thank you all for your support these past few weeks…means the world to me. Love you guys!”