- Bill requires restaurants to train on food allergies, symptoms
- Proposal planners arrange extravagant engagements
- Tsarnaev's lawyer said he carried out Boston Marathon bombing, but under brother's influence
- Police chase in Arlington ends after officer dragged
- Budget Draft Submitted to Danville City Council
- Police: Two Men Charged for Alleged Contact with Minors
- WorldViews: Britain bans Israeli tourism ad because it shows Jerusalem’s Old City as part of Israel
- Holidaymakers face three more years of rip-off roaming charges for using mobiles abroad after Brussels decides to KEEP them
- Wish you were here? ISIS releases tourist brochure-style images of bustling food markets in jihadi stronghold of Mosul
- World Health Organisation 'chickens out' of cutting recommended sugar intake - even for children
Newlywed Wife Pushed Her Husband Off a Cliff One Week After Wedding
More from Headline
- Father who went missing with his 8-month-old son taunts police on their Facebook page as hunt continues
- 10-month-old baby at 41 pounds needs cure: Infant's obese sister dies at 18-months
- Cinderella star Lily James hits back at criticism of her corseted shape waist in film's trailers
- Derick Dillard tries to run over a cat with his sled while Duggar family cheers him on
- 'Seinfeld' Actor Daniel von Bargen Dead at Age 64
A newlywed wife was charged on Monday with killing her husband by pushing him off a cliff in Glacier National Park in Montana during an argument just a week after they got married.
Charging documents suggest Jordan Linn Graham, 22, was having second thoughts about getting married around the time the body of her husband, Cody Lee Johnson, 25, of Kalispell was discovered.
Graham has told an FBI agent that she and her husband had been arguing on July 7 as they walked in the Loop Trail area of the park.
At one point, she turned to walk away, but Johnson grabbed her arm, she said. She turned around, removed his hand from her arm and 'due to her anger, she pushed Johnson with both hands in the back, and as a result, he fell face first off the cliff,' an affidavit states.
Johnson was reported missing on July 8 when he failed to show up for work. Graham later reported that she had spotted his body.
Graham made an initial court appearance on Monday before U.S. Magistrate Judge Jeremiah C. Lynch on a charge of second-degree murder. She is currently in custody. It was not immediately clear if she had a lawyer.
Graham initially told investigators that Johnson left their house late on July 7 with unidentified friends in a dark-colored car with Washington state license plates.
That night she texted a friend and said she was about to talk to Johnson about her reservations about having gotten married the previous weekend.
The friend, identified only by initials, told the FBI about receiving the text from Graham just before 9 p.m. in which Graham said, 'Oh well, I'm going to talk to him.'
The friend responded, 'I'll pray for you guys.'
Graham replied, 'But dead serious if u don't hear from me at all again tonight, something happened.'
Another friend said Graham reported receiving an email on July 10 saying Johnson had left with three friends, went hiking, had fallen and was dead.
The next day, Graham reported to park officials that she had spotted Johnson's body. A ranger thought that was unusual, but Graham explained, 'It was a place he wanted to see before he died,' authorities said.
Shortly after he died, Graham posted a photo on Instagram from their wedding day.
As a caption she wrote, 'Miss you so much Cody! Not a day will go by where I don't think about you!! You will live on in my heart forever!! I know you're in a better place now looking down on me!! You're my angel!! Love you with all my heart and soul!! See you again one day!!!'
Graham was interviewed on July 16 and acknowledged lying about her husband's death, authorities said.
Family friend Tracey Maness told the Missoulian Johnson was excited about his wedding and in love with Graham.
According to Graham's social media accounts, the couple got engaged in December 2012. She tweeted a photo of the ring and wrote, 'He proposed!! Best early Christmas present ever!!'