- Soldiers accused of 'gang-raping' male recruits in barracks as part of alleged bullying tactics
- Employees get pelted with snowballs in spectacular slow motion as part of company's digital Christmas card
- 'Absolute devastation' as five fathers are told their children were among those killed in Cairns stabbings
- Freed Lockerbie bomber WAS guilty: Al-Megrahi inquiry finds 'not a shred of evidence' to doubt Libyan's conviction
- Future of Midnight Mass under threat after priests complain of drunks disrupting traditional service
- BBC boss admits corporation is struggling with challenge of Netflix after streaming service 'blows them out the water' with bid for new show
- Henrico Police pursuit ends with suspect in hospital
- South Richmond mobile home fire under investigation
- Richmond Police investigate multiple robberies in north and south side
- Syria's ancient sites were already damaged by war. Now they’re being looted.
Shai Piron: Israeli education minister has laughing fit over word 'penetration' during speech on smuggling in prisons
More from Headline
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston
- Fit for a queen! Nicole Richie looks regal in embroidered blue velvet jacket as she stops by Malibu boutique
- He's becoming a Kardashian! David Schwimmer set to play late OJ Simpson lawyer Robert in American Crime drama
- 'We’re gonna keep her!' Kristen Bell gives birth to a second daughter... and Dax Shepard reveals the unusual name
- Jessica Alba bundles up in head-to-toe black for business meeting at The Honest Company
- Shai Piron laughs hysterically at the perceived sexual innuendo
- A video of the minister, who is also a rabbi, has gone viral on Israeli sites
- Mr Piron forced to abandon the speech on a new smuggling law when he could not compose himself
By Becky Evans and Reuters Reporter
PUBLISHED: 12:17 EST, 4 June 2013 | UPDATED: 14:17 EST, 4 June 2013
The Israeli education minister burst into a laughing fit over the word 'penetration' during a speech about smuggling in prisons.
Shai Piron, who is also a rabbi, could not get past the first sentence of the address because he was laughing so much.
A video of the hysterical minister has now gone viral on Israeli websites.
Scroll down for video
Shai Piron broke down in fits of giggles when he tried to read a speech with the word 'penetration' in it
Despite repeatedly attempting to regain his composure, Mr Piron could not get past the first sentence
Mr Piron was addressing Parliament on a new law against smuggling cell phones into prisons.
However, despite repeated attempts he could not get through the speech without laughing.
He eventually had to abandon the attempt and let a cabinet colleague take over.
'Mr Chairman, distinguished Parliament, the aim of this legislation is to deal with a serious phenomenon - the penetration of prohibited objects into prisons,' he said during a late night session on Monday broadcast on the official Knesset TV channel.
He immediately began to giggle but then tried to recover his composure.
The minister's hysteria got worse when legislators in the audience started laughing with him and some were giggling so much they begun to cry (left)
However, when audience members also began to laugh, Mr Piron could not contain himself.
He broke down again over the perceived sexual innuendo when the word 'penetration' came up in the text for a second time.
Legislators in the hall joined in the giggling.
Struggling to continue, Piron wiped tears from his eyes, took a sip of water, and coughed in a bid to stop laughing.
But he eventually abandoned the attempt and walked back to his seat, unable to read on.
He later explained to reporters that he had been caught off-guard by the phrasing in the speech, which he delivered at the last minute after a cabinet colleague was called away.
Rabbi Shai Piron eventually conceded defeat and left the podium to return to his seat