- Top independent schools are for children of oligarchs as British parents are priced out of the market says leading head
- Apprentice collared for Big Dawg blunder: BBC left red-faced after dreaming up new energy drink... which already exists
- Japan earthquake collapses homes, causes injuries
- Former Scotland Yard detectives say young boys were murdered by Westminster paedophile ring
- Duke and Duchess of Cambridge asked to visit China next year when Kate will be eight months pregnant
- EXCLUSIVE - Beauty queen 'murderer' claims he is 'in pain' after shooting dead his mistress and her sister Miss Honduras with TWENTY TWO bullets... but still won't admit he's guilty
- Former British infantryman joins Kurdish fighters in Syria defending beleaguered town against ISIS
- Tracey Emin: 'It upsets me when people go on about women who are childless as if they are worthless'
- Stop winter fuel payouts to rich OAPs, says Lib Dem minister who wants to spend the money cheaper bus fares for young people
- Two-tree families fuel festive fir sales boom
McDonald's drive-by shooting in East Palo Alto: 6 wounded including grandmother and 6-year-old child
More from Headline
- Nanny Caught On Video Kicking, Slapping And Stomping On Toddler's Head Repeatedly - Graphic Video
- White House to Democrats: We’ll seek extension to Iran nuclear talks
- Officials prepare for Ferguson grand jury decision, urge calm
- FBI arrests two would-be Ferguson bomb suspects: law enforcement source
- Obama seeks support for immigration plan, blasts Boehner
By Daily Mail Reporter and Associated Press Reporter
PUBLISHED: 22:54 EST, 5 May 2013 | UPDATED: 03:47 EST, 6 May 2013
Six people were injured after a drive-by shooting in broad daylight outside a McDonald’s restaurant in East Palo Alto, California, on Sunday afternoon.
Police captain John Cook told KPIX5 that four Hispanic males, a grandmother and her six-year-old grand daughter were at a bus stop on University Avenue when two gunmen shot into the crowd.
The men and the grandmother had gunshot wounds, while the girl hurt herself when she ran away from the scene. None of the injuries in the shooting were believed to be life-threatening.
Shock: Six people were injured after a drive-by shooting in broad daylight outside a McDonald¿s restaurant in East Palo Alto, California, on Sunday afternoon
Surprise: Police said that four Hispanic males, a grandmother and her six-year-old grand daughter were at a bus stop on University Avenue when two gunmen shot into the crowd.
Witnesses to the incident - that happened at around 2.45 pm on Sunday - told investigators the suspects fled in either a green or silver vehicle.
Captain Carl Estelle of East Palo Alto Police said detectives believe the shooting was gang-related.
Authorities arrived to find four people had fled into the McDonald's after the incident while two victims remained outside.
According to the Bay Area News Group, an adult male in his 20s, received more serious wounds than the others and was immediately taken to hospital by ambulance.
Scene: The incident took place on University Avenue in East Palo Alto
Menlo Park Fire Department Chief Harold Schapelhouman told Bay Area News that the five other people had less serious injuries, mostly to the lower extremities.
All the victims were taken to Stanford Medical Center for treatment.