- Plane skids off snowy New York runway, stops next to icy bay
- VDOT: Avoid Travel
- Woman allegedly slashed by man pushing baby stroller near Howard University
- Peyton Manning's Anniversary
- A recipe for success! New 'Dog Tag Bakery' teaches wounded U.S. veterans the business skills they need to re-enter the civilian workforce
- Husbands more likely than wives to seek divorce when partner falls sick, says study
- Restaurant Report: Kitchen failed to report flood
- North And West Of Baltimore, The Snow Piled Deep
- Roads closed near Clinch River in Scott County
- School Secretary convicted of embezzling thousands
Incredible close-up shots of insects
More from Headline
- Kim Kardashian Goes Platinum Blonde: See Her Dramatic New Look!
- Jodi Arias escapes death penalty and is sentenced to life in jail instead as judge calls mistrial to wails of grief from her murdered ex-boyfriend's family
- Jessie James Decker Is Pregnant With Second Baby
- DWTS Mystery Contestant Revealed: It's Bachelor Chris Soules!
- The moment ABC Family's The Fosters made TV history by showing two 13-year-old boys lock lips in the youngest ever gay kiss on-screen
- Donald Jusa used the concept of macro photography to capture images
- Was only 3 centimeters away in order to shoot the amazing detail
- Each shot required the insects to be totally still
- Mr Jusa is a geologist at an Indonesian coal mining company
- The part-time photographer found the insects near his office
By Katy Winter
PUBLISHED: 06:26 EST, 7 April 2013 | UPDATED: 08:28 EST, 7 April 2013
Stunning wildlife photos have captured the secret lives of insects in incredible detail.
These colourful insects look more like models than small creatures as they pose for the camera in a set of extreme close ups.
The insects aren't shy as they stand still to allow the photographer to capture their intricate detail.
The close up pictures allow the vibrant colours that exist within the insect world around us to be seen
Photographer Donald Jusa used the concept of macro photography to capture these unique pictures
The insects aren't shy as they stand still to allow the photographer to capture their intricate detail
Amazing Mr Jusa is not a professional photographer, but took the shots in his spare time from working as a geologist at an Indonesian coal mining company
Photographer Donald Jusa from Bandung, Indonesia, had used the concept of macro photography to capture this set unique pictures.
The 32-year-old said: 'I used a focus stacking technique for goal of getting detail and depth of focus that I wanted.
'The insects had to be completely silent and steady so that the photographs could be considered successful.
Mr Jusa says he researched the insects in the photographs on the internet
The extrodinary levels of detail show the insects in an entirely new light, as the varied textures and colours of their skin is revealed
'In order to capture these colourful insects so close up I was just three centimetres away.'
Mr Jusa, a geologist at an Indonesian coal mining company, found the insects near his office.
Each image was captured from as close as 3 centimeters away from the insects, revealing the usually hidden intricacies of their anatomy
The colourful insects look more like models than small creatures as they pose for the camera
He added: 'All of the macro photographs were taken in my simple mini studio at my work.
'I was lucky to find all of these unique insects in the forest where I work.
'But I only knew a few insects before I got involved in macro photography.
'I have set myself a goal to learn more about other species of insects that exist on this planet.
Photographer Donald Jusa from Bandung, Indonesia found the exotic looking insects near his office
Mr Jusa usedused a focus stacking technique in order to obtain such a high level of detail
'I researched the insects in the photographs on the internet and some of my friends know more about them so they would teach me.
'This is what motivated me to pursue insects macro photography because on this planet a lot of the insects are very unique and colourful.'