- Jesse Matthew's court day delayed in Hannah Graham case
- BREAKING: One Person Injured In Westminster Blaze
- Weather Blog: Colder Air Has Made A Comeback
- Alleged Road Rage Incident At Laurel Popeyes Leads To Stabbing
- Keidel: Manny Pacquiao In Macau
- WVU President: Frat Death Requires Culture Change
- Gorbachev better watch out, Putin is awarded eighth degree blackbelt in karate: Russian president to receive dan next month - just as old Soviet leader accuses him of a God complex
- Strictly Come Dancing's Claudia Winkleman returns after caring for daughter Matilda
- 'Long ago I accepted my fate': British hostage John Cantlie admits he is likely to be executed as he reveals in latest ISIS video that U.S. botched July 4 raid to rescue him and fellow captives
- Blue diamond once owned by White House landscaper Rachel Mellon sells for record $32.6million at auction
Girl with IQ of 161: Lauren Marbe, Essex teenager's IQ is higher than Albert Einstein's
More from Headline
- House Republicans sue over Obamacare
- Beyonce's altered lyrics leak online and end up refueling marriage trouble rumors
- Ancient Martian civilisation was wiped out by nuclear bomb-wielding aliens - physicist claims they could attack Earth next
- The secret of how Giada de Laurentiis stays so slim: She spits her own food into a bucket while filming
- Hockey star files for bankruptcy thanks to parents' loans against contract
Whoever said blondes are dumb has not met 16-year-old Lauren Marbe
A 16-year-old girl from Essex stunned teachers by scoring 161 on her IQ test, more than Bill Gates and even Albert Einstein, SWNS reported.
Lauren Marbe, the blond teenager who enjoys fake tanning and manicures, is very proud of her high score, especially because it contradicts all the stigmas associated with being blonde.
"My teachers knew I was quite clever because of my grades but they had always thought I was blonde and a bit ditzy," she told SWNS. "Now they keep saying 'I didn't realize you were that clever'."
Marbe is a pupil at Roding Valley High School in Loughton, Essex where she is a straight A and A* student. Though she ultimately dreams of being a performer in the West End, if she decides to go to college after high school she plans on studying architecture at the University of Cambridge.
The prodigal teenager is also a gifted singer, she's performed in the West End for two years as part of the chorus for Andrew Lloyd Webber smash-hit Joseph.
Her parents, David and Sue Marbe, say they'll support Lauren in whichever path she decides to take, and take a lot of pride in the fact that their daughter may be able to put an end to the 'blondes are dumb' labels in their community.
"Most of the time Essex gets a bit of a negative press. People think all girls are blonde and all girls are dim. Lauren is blonde but it does seem like she has shaken the stereotype that all Essex girls are stupid," they said. "Essex girls are all well groomed and Lauren isn't any different. Her and her friends like to go out and get dressed up in nice clothes. There's nothing wrong with the TOWIE cast and everyone in Essex loves the program but its just nice for us all to get a good reputation for academic success for a change."