- Emma Watson to play Belle in live-action Beauty and the Beast
- A year removed from Super Bowl win, Robinson heads back as analyst
- Light snow for D.C. area with possible accumulations; winds increasing
- Philly to Boston bracing for up to 3 feet of paralyzing snow
- Eastman insurance plan leaves out local pharmacies
- Two VA Children Get Medical Marijuana Oil Through New Study
- Samantha Sumsion punched Good Samaritan disabled grandmother in Lancashire robbery
- Tulsa, Oklahoma woman handed five life sentences for sexually abusing 10-year-old boy
- Body of missing teacher Christopher Tully found in Philadelphia river
- Highgate schoolboy, Josh Dorgu, dies after collapsing in middle of A-level maths class
Girl with IQ of 161: Lauren Marbe, Essex teenager's IQ is higher than Albert Einstein's
More from Headline
- Jailed Cowboys fan sues NFL for $89 billion over reversed call
- Oscar Winner Dianne Wiest Struggling to Pay Rent
- Deep Drop in Average Gasoline Prices Diminishing, Lundberg Says
- Saudis reinforce their borders as Mideast chaos grows
- NYC hunkers down for the 'worst snowstorm in history': Shelves are cleared ahead of blizzard that threatens THREE FEET of snow. Thousands of flights cancelled and workers told to stay home
Whoever said blondes are dumb has not met 16-year-old Lauren Marbe
A 16-year-old girl from Essex stunned teachers by scoring 161 on her IQ test, more than Bill Gates and even Albert Einstein, SWNS reported.
Lauren Marbe, the blond teenager who enjoys fake tanning and manicures, is very proud of her high score, especially because it contradicts all the stigmas associated with being blonde.
"My teachers knew I was quite clever because of my grades but they had always thought I was blonde and a bit ditzy," she told SWNS. "Now they keep saying 'I didn't realize you were that clever'."
Marbe is a pupil at Roding Valley High School in Loughton, Essex where she is a straight A and A* student. Though she ultimately dreams of being a performer in the West End, if she decides to go to college after high school she plans on studying architecture at the University of Cambridge.
The prodigal teenager is also a gifted singer, she's performed in the West End for two years as part of the chorus for Andrew Lloyd Webber smash-hit Joseph.
Her parents, David and Sue Marbe, say they'll support Lauren in whichever path she decides to take, and take a lot of pride in the fact that their daughter may be able to put an end to the 'blondes are dumb' labels in their community.
"Most of the time Essex gets a bit of a negative press. People think all girls are blonde and all girls are dim. Lauren is blonde but it does seem like she has shaken the stereotype that all Essex girls are stupid," they said. "Essex girls are all well groomed and Lauren isn't any different. Her and her friends like to go out and get dressed up in nice clothes. There's nothing wrong with the TOWIE cast and everyone in Essex loves the program but its just nice for us all to get a good reputation for academic success for a change."