- VDOT to suspend highway work zones over Christmas
- Cameron faces 'serious questions' about whether he left Belfast talks early to host a rave at Chequers for his wife's birthday
- Trainee accountant sold fake Rolex for £20 on Facebook under the name 'Rodney Trotter'
- Pakistani jets and ground forces kill 67 Taliban militants in Afghan tribal region in response to schoolchildren massacre
- Unmasked: Widowed former teacher who is laying on £1,000 Christmas lunch for 50 strangers so they won't be alone over festive season
- Security Incident of JMU's Networks
- Mandy Rice-Davies, call girl in the Profumo affair, dies of cancer
- Photographs show magical scene after Hukou waterfall in China freezes mid-flow
- Obama phones Boston radio show and identifies himself as a caller 'formerly of Somerville' in surprise call to outgoing Gov. Deval Patrick
- Huge security flaw in mobile phone networks revealed
Rihanna’s nipple ring ensures she breaks Grammys ‘no rude bits’ dress code
More from Headline
- Secret Service report: White House needs a taller fence and more, better-trained agents
- 'Life is a journey!' Kate Hudson refers to 'ups and downs' after Matt Bellamy split as BFF Nicole Richie keeps her company at People Awards
- 'Our kids had a play day together': Strictly's Tess Daly says Claudia Winkleman's daughter is recovering well after accident
- Rita Ora shows Ricky Hilfiger what he's missing as she takes to the Jingle Ball stage for the first time since 'split' in plunging red chiffon dress
- It's not always about the Booty! Jennifer Lopez bares her cleavage in gravity-defying jumpsuit at People Awards
Of course it was Rihanna who was going to break the rules of the night, but you need to look closely to see why
When we first saw Rihanna, queen of body parts flashing , sweeping up the red carpet at the Grammys in her stunning bright red, floor length gown, we were pretty shocked.
Not because her boobs were hanging out – they were totally covered up. And not because her tight butt was poking out from her under her skirt. Or because her lady parts were on display through a sheer bit of material.
Nope, Rihanna was well and truly covered up. Until we take a closer look.
And there we are, true to form, on inspection the top half of her dress, reveals what lies beneath – a nipple ring and some pretty visible nip nips (see who else suffered a Grammys nip slip here ).
Grammy organisers issued a memo last week about dress code , which reminded us of something our headmaster at secondary school once wrote about not wearing patent shoes (boys could see the reflection of your knickers in them apparently - really).
"Please be sure that buttocks and female breasts are adequately covered," Mr gravely serious Grammy law maker wrote. "Bare sides or under curvature of the breasts is also problematic. Please avoid sheer see-through clothing that could possibly expose female breast nipples."
The material on Rihanna's dress is sheer and very thin, designed in a wrap style, kind of like a sarong, but it’s not layered enough to hide the piercing naughty Rihanna has underneath, or the shape of her boobies.
For this we are thankful – we’re not quite sure what we would have done if she’d behaved, although we certainly didn’t want to see the ring on her engagement finger , which may imply (another) stupid decision where violent ex Chris Brown is concerned.
For more Grammy’s news have a lookie here and see the full list of winners here. Have a look at our pick of the best dressed ladies below - Rihanna's in there, of course.
You can see the show on 4Music on Monday night at 10pm.
Red carpet women Best dressedView gallery