- Proposed investigator into UVA sex assaults removed due to conflict
- Woman carjacked, robbed in Vienna; suspect escapes via metro
- Metallica Unleash ‘Enter Sandman’ On Fourth Night Of ‘Late Late Show’ Residency: Watch
- Susan Smith Pleads Guilty To Stealing From Ridgeway District Volunteer Rescue Squad
- UVa's choice to investigate rape response scuttled
- Nearly 300 attend public hearing on pipeline plan
- River Ridge Mall Announces Black Friday Jumpstart
- Page County Woman Charged in Child Sexual Assault
- WorldViews: Hitler painted this watercolor, and someone may pay $60,000 for it
- How the student sons of China's super rich show off their wealth
Mindy McCready's boyfriend and father of her infant son found dead in Arkansas
More from Headline
- House Republicans sue over Obamacare
- Beyonce's altered lyrics leak online and end up refueling marriage trouble rumors
- Ancient Martian civilisation was wiped out by nuclear bomb-wielding aliens - physicist claims they could attack Earth next
- The secret of how Giada de Laurentiis stays so slim: She spits her own food into a bucket while filming
- Hockey star files for bankruptcy thanks to parents' loans against contract
Mindy McCready's live-in boyfriend and the father of her infant son has been found dead in Arkansas.
The troubled country singer described music producer and songwriter David Wilson, 34, as her 'soul mate' and 'life partner' as she announced his death on Sunday.
McCready, 37, made national headlines in December 2011 when she took her son Zander, now 7, from her mother in Florida and fled to Wilson's home in Heber Springs, Arkansas.
She was found hiding his closet clutching the child after a nationwide manhunt. Zander was taken from his mother's McCready's arms and placed in foster care.
McCready's mother and step-father had legal custody of him at the time, following McCready's lengthy and public battle with drug addiction.It's unclear whether Zander is living with McCready, if he has been returned to his grandparents and if he remains in foster care.
Bygone era: McCready burst onto the country music scene in 1996 with 'Ten Thousand Angels'
Wilson is the father of Zayne, who was born in April - just a few months after the dramatic custody battle.
McCready rose to fame in 1996 with her hit country song 'Ten Thousand Angels.' Her album of the same name went double platinum - though that marked the peak of her career.
No details surrounding Wilson's death were released. McCready only said in her statement that he died on Sunday night.
'Today, we mourn the loss of my life partner and my children's father, David Wilson," McCready said.
Troubled: Mindy McCready, 37, has waged a public battle with drug addiction since her career peaked in 1996
'David was my soulmate; he was a caregiver and guiding hand to our sons, Zander and Zayne.
'He was a precious gift from God to all of us and, yesterday, he returned home and is now with his mother and father. David loved and he was loved.
'Those who knew and loved him will miss him; those who did not know David missed the opportunity to know a truly loving and gifted man.