- One man burned escaping Henrico apartment fire
- Serena Williams wins 6th Australian Open, 19th major title
- No. 2 Virginia, Bennett poised for another ACC title run
- D.C. government ends fiscal year with $200M budget surplus
- Homeless man gets life in prison in machete attack outside Arlington library
- Former magistrate Zaher Somani fiddled his tax returns to evade £250,000 in income tax
- Japan says efforts to free Islamic State hostage are 'deadlocked' after extremists threatened to kill journalist and a Jordanian pilot they are holding captive
- Protest after suicide bombing of Pakistani mosque as funerals held for 61 victims
- Islamic State fighters finally admit they WERE defeated in Kobane stand-off because of US-led airstrikes
- Stefan Holub slaughtered piglets using a sledgehammer in shed next to Cheshire pub where he sold the meat
Mindy McCready's boyfriend and father of her infant son found dead in Arkansas
More from Headline
- Nick Clegg admits wanting to slap David Cameron and brands Boris Johnson 'more t*** than statesman'
- Two charged with double murder of married couple five months after the husband, 63, thwarted armed robbery of his mattress store by shooting a suspect in the stomach.
- Carl's Jr's Super Bowl advert model Charlotte McKinney reveals her bullied past, her future in movies - and how she really did bite into THAT burger.
- Tragedy on Martin Scorsese film set
- Barack and Michelle Obama tweet childhood photos
Mindy McCready's live-in boyfriend and the father of her infant son has been found dead in Arkansas.
The troubled country singer described music producer and songwriter David Wilson, 34, as her 'soul mate' and 'life partner' as she announced his death on Sunday.
McCready, 37, made national headlines in December 2011 when she took her son Zander, now 7, from her mother in Florida and fled to Wilson's home in Heber Springs, Arkansas.
She was found hiding his closet clutching the child after a nationwide manhunt. Zander was taken from his mother's McCready's arms and placed in foster care.
McCready's mother and step-father had legal custody of him at the time, following McCready's lengthy and public battle with drug addiction.It's unclear whether Zander is living with McCready, if he has been returned to his grandparents and if he remains in foster care.
Bygone era: McCready burst onto the country music scene in 1996 with 'Ten Thousand Angels'
Wilson is the father of Zayne, who was born in April - just a few months after the dramatic custody battle.
McCready rose to fame in 1996 with her hit country song 'Ten Thousand Angels.' Her album of the same name went double platinum - though that marked the peak of her career.
No details surrounding Wilson's death were released. McCready only said in her statement that he died on Sunday night.
'Today, we mourn the loss of my life partner and my children's father, David Wilson," McCready said.
Troubled: Mindy McCready, 37, has waged a public battle with drug addiction since her career peaked in 1996
'David was my soulmate; he was a caregiver and guiding hand to our sons, Zander and Zayne.
'He was a precious gift from God to all of us and, yesterday, he returned home and is now with his mother and father. David loved and he was loved.
'Those who knew and loved him will miss him; those who did not know David missed the opportunity to know a truly loving and gifted man.