- Md. bill would put armed police officer in every school
- Md. Bill Would Put Armed Police Officer In Every School
- Relatives Of Woman Who Died In DC Subway Accident To Sue
- Ruling by federal judge will shut down Greene Valley Developmental Center
- Inside the 2015 Bafta Awards banquet
- Confusing plot loses Wolf Hall one million viewers
- Why a nurse's soothing conversation is the best anaesthetic
- Iceland is RISING by 1.4 inches a year as its glaciers melt from climate change
- Long awaited trial to open in kidnapping and murder of 6-year-old Etan Patz more than 35 years after he was choked and stuffed in a box while still alive
- Can the Luna mattress cover help you sleep better?
Chinese hospital opens sex rooms for couples struggling to conceive
More from Headline
- Explosion Goes Off At Mexico Hospital, At Least 7 Dead
- Four middle school students arrested after throwing 'sex party'
- Michael Brown shooting: Mass brawl erupts at City Hall meeting to discuss civilian oversight of St Louis police
- Scientist parents discover antibiotics can kill cells after their 8-year-old daughter suggested they try it over the dinner table
- Scientists reveal the two questions they say gives ‘clear empirical evidence’ of love
- The dimly-lit 'sex room' at the hospital in China's Hubei province is furnished with a plush sofa and a round bed draped with curtains
- Facility is equipped with sex toys and erotic art to 'inspire passion' in patients who are struggling to conceive
- Use of the room at the Wuhan Songziniao hospital costs 880 yuan per night
By Kerry Mcdermott
PUBLISHED: 08:17 EST, 4 January 2013 | UPDATED: 08:20 EST, 4 January 2013
With its round bed draped with gauze curtains, pink decor and dim lighting, this room resembles a hotel hideaway frequented by amorous couples.
In fact the suite is located inside a hospital in China, which has opened a dedicated 'sex room' in a bid to help would-be parents who are struggling to conceive.
The Wuhan Songziniao Hospital even has porn and saucy outfits available on request for patients making use of the facility, which is decorated with erotic art and equipped with an array of sex toys.
Setting the mood: The dimly-lit room in the hospital in Hubei province is designed to encourage pregnancy by 'inspiring sexual passion' in fertility patients
Love nest: Fertility-challenged couples hoping to make use of the new facility inside the hospital must pay 880 Yuan per night for the privilege
The hospital in China's Hubei province said the room has been designed to 'encourage pregnancy by inspiring sexual passion in the patients'.
The ward is also furnished with a plush sofa and flat-screen TV should couples wish to take advantage of a DVD offering advice and tips, or to watch a selection from the library of porn films on offer at the facility.
For patients still struggling to get in the mood, nurse and air hostess outfits are available on request.
Experts are also on hand to provide tips on boosting the chances of conceiving, the hospital said.
But all this encouragement comes at a price - couples wishing to make use of the facility must pay 880 yuan - or £88 - per night for the privilege.
Wuhan Songziniao Hospital: Nurse and air hostess costumes, sex toys and porn are all available on request to encourage couples struggling to conceive to get amorous
New facility: A hospital in China has opened up a 'sex room' equipped with a round bed, erotic art and soft lighting to help couples who are struggling to conceive
Demonstration: Experts are on hand at the hospital to offer advice on boosting couple's chances of conceiving
Love doctor on call: The bed inside the room, which is lit with pink bulbs, is surrounded by sheer curtains, while fluffy lamps and erotic art are dotted around the suite