- India bans Fifty Shades of Grey after toned-down version fails to pass censor board
- Palestine leaders announce they are stopping all security co-ordination with Israel
- Jodi Aris spared death penalty for ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander's murder
- Chelsea fans in new race storm after League Cup final against Tottenham
- I'm squeal-ly hungry! The moment piglet goes crazy over potato chips and makes bizarre munching sounds
- Forget the dress - what colour is MARS? Some people say planet is more blue and green than pink and red
- Canoeist with heart condition pronounced clinically DEAD 36 times in one year
- Police no longer investigating theft of Lupita Nyong'o's 'Oscar gown'
- Driver killed and 43 children rushed to hospital after Washington state collision
- Octopus uses filmmaker's GoPro camera to take HIS picture
Houston Lesbian couple dead in murder suicide after New Year's Day argument
More from Headline
- Kim Kardashian Goes Platinum Blonde: See Her Dramatic New Look!
- Jodi Arias escapes death penalty and is sentenced to life in jail instead as judge calls mistrial to wails of grief from her murdered ex-boyfriend's family
- Jessie James Decker Is Pregnant With Second Baby
- DWTS Mystery Contestant Revealed: It's Bachelor Chris Soules!
- The moment ABC Family's The Fosters made TV history by showing two 13-year-old boys lock lips in the youngest ever gay kiss on-screen
A domestic dispute between a lesbian couple ended in a murder suicide on New Year's Day.
Ana Flores, 24, called police to the Houston home she shared with 29-year-old fiancee Belinda Espinoza on Tuesday around 6pm to report an argument.
When police arrived both women were dead.
Espinoza shot Flores in the chest before turning the gun on herself.
Dead: Belinda Espinoza, 29, right, shot partner 24-year-old Ana Flores, left, before turning in the gun on herself at the couple's home in the 8700 block of Wiggins Street in Houston
Murder suicide: Family of Belinda Espinoza said she called them earlier that day threatening suicide
According to Facebook: The couple were engaged and had been in a relationship for more than three years which was heavily documented on both their Facebook pages
It is not known what caused the argument but Espinoza uploaded a picture to her Facebook account of the couple kissing right before the shooting.
According to Facebook, the couple were engaged and had been in a relationship for more than three years which was heavily documented on both their Facebook pages.
Dozens of pictures of the couple at home, eating out in restaurants, at the beach and with family were posted on their accounts.
On Espinoza's Facebook page on New Year's Eve, nothing seemed to have been amiss as she posted that she was with Ana, who calls herself Nelly, and said she was getting ready for the celebration.
Shortly before the murder suicide, Belinda posted the below left picture with the caption, 'I love you too'.
Houston police Sgt Robert Blain declined to discuss the details of the 911 call.
He said family members told investigators that Espinoza had called them shortly before the incident and threatened suicide.
Neighbors who live near the home struggled to make sense of what happened.
Young love: The couple had been together for more than three years and were said to be engaged
Young love: Belinda and Ana, who called herself Nelly, were a very romantic couple and would often take walks on the beach together
Scene: Police were called to the couple's apartment on the 8700 block of Wiggins Street, Houston, where they found the two women dead
Anthony Clark told KHOU.com: 'We don’t usually have these types of incidents in the neighborhood so it’s very devastating.'
Another neighbor said he knew one of the victims.
'She was a nice lady,' said Milton Allexander. 'It’s mind boggling.'