- Is this the worst DIY rewiring ever? Hilarious moment man shows how he can turn on the lights with a hairdryer
- Nick Clegg makes controversial election vow to decriminalise 'skunk' cannabis despite research linking it to mental illness
- Thousands of skiers trapped in the Alps after giant 50-tonne rock blocks main mountain road
- Plague of the voyeur drones: Flying toy cameras spark 'peeping Tom' complaints with police powerless to stop them
- Two affairs, one teenage runaway and cruel nuns... the VERY wild youth of the real-life Call The Midwife sisters
- The scrummy soprano who is 'pre-engaged' to her rugged rugger hero (that's what couples do before committing to a PROPER proposal)
- Forecasters say it's going to be a snowy March first before we hit warm Easter
- Union flag to be plastered across Scottish bridges and roads with message 'Paid for by the UK taxpayer' to counter independence
- 'I've been stabbed': killed man's final words to his friends before he collapsed in pool of blood after deadly altercation...over 'how to drive' in a car park
- Mama, dada... f**k you! Parents horrified when some of the first words son, 3, learned were expletives picked up from his Peppa Pig toy
Six men charged with murder after Indian medical student who was gang-raped on bus dies in hospital
More from Headline
- Madonna speaks to Jonathan Ross about THAT BRIT Awards fall
- Make-up free Kim Kardashian sticks out her tongue in playful selfie while Kourtney and Khloe get glam for KUWTK confessional
- Student, 18, 'encouraged her friend to end his own life', organized a fundraiser in his name - and was only caught when cops found his final texts
- 'Half-ton killer' loses 800lbs: Woman who falsely confessed to killing nephew by rollling on him turns life around to find new love
- Leonard Nimoy, 'Star Trek's' Spock, Dies at Age 83
The men face the death penalty if convicted after the 23-year-old "died peacefully" after signs her vital organs had failed
Six men have been charged with murder after an Indian medical student whose gang rape triggered protests died in a Singapore hospital last night.
New Delhi police spokesman Rajan Bhagat said the six face the death penalty if convicted.
The 23-year-old "died peacefully" after signs her vital organs had failed, according to staff at the hospital where she was flown for specialist treatment.
She had earlier suffered a heart attack, a lung and abdominal infection and "significant" brain damage.
Her horrific ordeal on 16th December has sparked demonstrations for better protection from sexual violence.
She and a male friend were traveling on a public bus when they were attacked by six men who raped her and severely beat them both.
They also stripped both naked and threw them off the moving bus on a road in Delhi.
Most rapes and other sex crimes in India go unreported and offenders are rarely punished, women’s rights activists say.
But the brutality of the assault on 16 December triggered public outrage and demands for better policing and harsher punishment for rapists.
Official figures show that 228,650 of the total 256,329 violent crimes recorded last year in India were against women.
The real figure is thought to be much higher as so many women are reluctant to report attacks to the police.
During an address to the chief ministers of India's states on Thursday, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh pledged to bring in new laws to cover attacks on women.
Separately, a teenage gang-rape victim in Punjab killed herself by drinking poison a month after she told police she was gang-raped.
State authorities have suspended one police officer and fired two others on accusations they delayed investigating and taking action in the case.
The three accused in the rape were only arrested Thursday night, a month after the crime was reported.