- D.C. religious leaders push Bowser on homelessness, affordable housing
- India to introduce 'tourist carriages' on trains with extra safety features
- Ukip slams 'pathetic' phone app featuring 'Nicholas Fromage' kicking immigrants off white cliffs of Dover to win 'racism' points
- Victims of the Christmas truce - story of two Tommies gunned down by German snipers on Dec 25, 1914 told for the first time
- WEATHER BLOG: Rain Coming
- Monday, December 22, 2014
- Man Who Killed NYPD Officers First Shot Ex-Girlfriend In Md. Apartment
- Rare Leopard To Debut At Maryland Zoo
- How much are YOUR old toys worth?
- Spanish king's sister, Princess Cristina, becomes first member of royal family to stand trial following tax fraud charges over her husband's alleged embezzlement of public funds
Police arrest woman for drunk driving and find her 8-month-old baby buried under trash in back seat
More from Headline
- Satanic Temple puts up display at Michigan Capitol
- Florida police officer dies on duty after getting shot, run over
- NYC's Mayor Bill de Blasio weathers blowback on police reform after cop slayings
- Just like mommy! Jessica Alba and daughter Haven coordinate their outfits in matching blue skirts
- Top of the crops! Iggy Azalea and Charli XCX bare their midriffs while performing a racy show at the Jingle Ball
PUBLISHED: 08:18 EST, 13 December 2012 | UPDATED: 16:03 EST, 13 December 2012
Police arrested a Texas woman Wednesday after they pulled her over for driving erratically and found an eight-month-old baby sleeping under a pile of trash in her back seat.
Jessica Barber Gutierrez, 40, of Kingwood, Texas, was detained on charges of driving while intoxicated around midnight Wednesday.
Authorities approached her vehicle around 11 p.m. when she stopped for no apparent reason in the middle of a roadway, according to the local news site Montgomery County Police Reporter.
Arrested: Police arrested Jessica Barber Gutierrez, 40, of Kingwood, Texas, after they pulled her over for driving erratically and found her eight-month-old baby sleeping under a pile of trash in her back seat
Buried: The sleeping child is pictured under a pile of clothes, trash and a skateboard in the back seat of Gutierrez's car
During questioning, Gutierrez
admitted to police that she had consumed a beer and taken Prozac and
Xanax, drugs prescribed for depression and anxiety that have serious
side effects when mixed with alcohol.
She also admitted to smoking potpourri, a synthetic drug that mimics the high of marijuana consumption.
Police conducted a field sobriety test, which she failed, and then searched her car.
when they found her eight-month old baby sleeping in the backseat under
a pile of trash, several boxes of clothes and even a skateboard. The
child was strapped into a car seat.
Trashed car: This is the vehicle that Gutierrez was driving when she was pulled over by police for stopping in the middle of the roadway for no apparent reason. Her child was found buried under the trash in the back seat
Another child: Gutierrez said she had another 12-year-old child at home, whom she left with a roommate. She told police she couldn't remember the roommate's name
The search turned up no milk or diapers for the baby. Child Protective Services was called in to investigate and took custody of the baby
Gutierrez stated that she also had a 12-year-old child at home, which she left with her 21-year-old-roommate, whose name she could not remember.
She was transported to Kingwood Regional Hospital for a blood draw, which she consented to, and then booked at Montgomery County Jail in Conroe.
She is being held on a $25,000 bond.
Police conducted a field sobriety test on Gutierrez, which she failed, before searching her car
No diapers: Despite all the trash, police found no milk or diapers in the vehicle for the eight-month-old baby