- Virginia state House still mulling disgraced lawmaker's fate
- Weber's VCU career prematurely ends due to injury
- Analysis: Super Bowl win by young Seahawks would be a scary prospect for NFL
- How saying 'ow' can ease your pain by interfering with signals to the brain
- Angelina Jolie is most admired woman in the world! She beat Malala Yousafzai, Hillary Clinton and the QUEEN in global poll
- Jailed woman who set up blog with activist sentenced to 1,000 lashes for insulting Islam is freed from prison in Saudi Arabia
- The mugged 4ft 6in disabled pensioner meets the beautician who raised £220,000 to buy him a home
- The Playboy President: How a young Ronald Reagan charmed 'more than 50 of Hollywood's leading ladies, including Marilyn Monroe' at luxury LA bungalow
- Amelia Boynton Robinson recalls beating that was to become image of police brutality
- Vanderbilt campus investigation cleared football players of rape a year before court conviction
Oregon Shopping Mall Shooting - Gunman Kills Three At Clackmas Town Center Mall
- Photos Of Jacob Tyler Roberts, Oregon Shopping Mall Gunman 'Who Snapped After Missing His Flight To Hawaii'
- LeBron James Says He Will Never Enter The Slam Dunk Contest
- Nick Lachey Kicked Out Of Bengals-Chargers Game
- Debra Winger takes on a role in Broadway's 'The Anarchist'
- Gennifer Flowers' Claims Clinton Hit On Her In 2005
More from Headline
- Nick Clegg admits wanting to slap David Cameron and brands Boris Johnson 'more t*** than statesman'
- Two charged with double murder of married couple five months after the husband, 63, thwarted armed robbery of his mattress store by shooting a suspect in the stomach.
- Carl's Jr's Super Bowl advert model Charlotte McKinney reveals her bullied past, her future in movies - and how she really did bite into THAT burger.
- Tragedy on Martin Scorsese film set
- Barack and Michelle Obama tweet childhood photos
A horrific shooting at an Oregon shopping mall has claimed at least three lives, including that of the gunman who opened fire on holiday shoppers with a semiautomatic rifle.
The gunman was 'neutralized' after the Clackmas Town Center was placed on lock-down with all entrances blocked as police and SWAT teams searching the stores.
Clackmas County Sheriff's spokesman James Rhodes told reporters that the unidentified gunman murdered two people and wounded several others before he himself was killed.
Emergency: Police, fire, and EMTSs raced to the Clackamas Town Center where a gunman opened fire on holiday shoppers
Hurt: Law enforcement confirmed there had been fatalities and several injuries but could not specify the number
Rhodes could not comment on how the gunman died.
Law enforcement could release no further details.
The incident began at approximately 3:30 p.m. when emergency dispatchers received reports that a gunman had opened fire near the mall's food court with an AR-15.
Reporters at the scene reported up to 60 shots fired at the and said the man may have been wearing body armor.
According to the Oregonian at least three people were hit in the shooting, two of whom were dead.
Initial reports indicated a second person may have also been killed but police have yet to confirm those statements.
One witness told television station KATU he saw sheets pulled over the bodies of two victims.
Shocked: People look on outside Clackamas Town Center in Clackamas, Ore., waiting to know if the gunman has been stopped
Evan Walters told the station he was shopping with friends when the shooting began.
'It was kind of surreal because we hear pops and loud noises all the time because we're right here by the food court, but it's never been anything like that,' he told KATU. 'It was very definite gun shots. I think most all of us knew it was gunshots. There really was no rhyme or reason to them. There were many in a row.'
Another witness said she saw people screaming and parents clutching their children as they fled.
That witness described the witness as wearing camouflage and a mask.
Uncertain: Authorities have not confirmed whether the 'neutralized' gunman was among the dead
Horror: Authorities were called to the scene at 3:30 p.m. when a gunman was reported with a semiautomatic rifle