- 'Don't Jerk and Drive' campaign yanked by South Dakota after focus on 'innuendo'
- U.S. trade embargo with Cuba keeps broader economic impact at bay for now
- The massive supernova that could annihilate life on Earth (but don't panic- experts say luckily it is pointing in the wrong direction)
- So what is love? That was one of 2014's most popular web searches. But who needs Google when our experts have such enchanting and thought provoking answers
- Is celtuce the new kale?
- UK faces fresh wave of migrants after visa ruling by Euro judges
- The Sony hacking is proof of how the West could be brought to its knees
- Saleswoman transforms her desk space into a cozy log house
- IRS budget cuts could delay tax refunds for millions of Americans in 2015
- First cougar seen in Kentucky in over 150 years is promptly shot dead
Oregon Shopping Mall Shooting - Gunman Kills Three At Clackmas Town Center Mall
- Photos Of Jacob Tyler Roberts, Oregon Shopping Mall Gunman 'Who Snapped After Missing His Flight To Hawaii'
- LeBron James Says He Will Never Enter The Slam Dunk Contest
- Nick Lachey Kicked Out Of Bengals-Chargers Game
- Debra Winger takes on a role in Broadway's 'The Anarchist'
- Gennifer Flowers' Claims Clinton Hit On Her In 2005
More from Headline
- Britney Spears proves her abs are real in Women's Health video of photo shoot
- Brooklyn rapper arrested in gun, narcotics investigation
- Central Texas TV weatherman shot; gunman pursued
- State Department saw graphic Kim Jong-un death scene in 'The Interview' and 'approved of it'
- The cyber warrior factory 'behind Sony hack' which handpicks genius children to target enemies of Kim Jong un
A horrific shooting at an Oregon shopping mall has claimed at least three lives, including that of the gunman who opened fire on holiday shoppers with a semiautomatic rifle.
The gunman was 'neutralized' after the Clackmas Town Center was placed on lock-down with all entrances blocked as police and SWAT teams searching the stores.
Clackmas County Sheriff's spokesman James Rhodes told reporters that the unidentified gunman murdered two people and wounded several others before he himself was killed.
Emergency: Police, fire, and EMTSs raced to the Clackamas Town Center where a gunman opened fire on holiday shoppers
Hurt: Law enforcement confirmed there had been fatalities and several injuries but could not specify the number
Rhodes could not comment on how the gunman died.
Law enforcement could release no further details.
The incident began at approximately 3:30 p.m. when emergency dispatchers received reports that a gunman had opened fire near the mall's food court with an AR-15.
Reporters at the scene reported up to 60 shots fired at the and said the man may have been wearing body armor.
According to the Oregonian at least three people were hit in the shooting, two of whom were dead.
Initial reports indicated a second person may have also been killed but police have yet to confirm those statements.
One witness told television station KATU he saw sheets pulled over the bodies of two victims.
Shocked: People look on outside Clackamas Town Center in Clackamas, Ore., waiting to know if the gunman has been stopped
Evan Walters told the station he was shopping with friends when the shooting began.
'It was kind of surreal because we hear pops and loud noises all the time because we're right here by the food court, but it's never been anything like that,' he told KATU. 'It was very definite gun shots. I think most all of us knew it was gunshots. There really was no rhyme or reason to them. There were many in a row.'
Another witness said she saw people screaming and parents clutching their children as they fled.
That witness described the witness as wearing camouflage and a mask.
Uncertain: Authorities have not confirmed whether the 'neutralized' gunman was among the dead
Horror: Authorities were called to the scene at 3:30 p.m. when a gunman was reported with a semiautomatic rifle