- Teen Shot During Private Party On College Campus
- 3 Baltimore Officers Injured In Accident
- Diplomats: Iran Atomic Talks Move Toward Extension
- Top 9/11 lawyer accuses firm partner of using prostitutes and having a liaison with a receptionist at a Christmas Party as part of heated legal dispute
- Marion Barry takes the mic on ABC7 as a guest sportscaster
- Dozens of horses die in stable fire near Chicago
- Elderly Michigan mother, 77, confesses to smothering 8-month-old son to death 53 years ago as surviving children claim she also killed twin daughters
- GOP senator says investigation into Benghazi attack on diplomatic facility is 'full of crap' - and that Republican-led committee which wrote it is doing a 'lousy job'
- China building island large enough for an airfield in disputed south sea waters
- Unemployed nurse, 44, who shot three children before turning gun on herself dies from injuries as it is revealed she was having financial problems
Oregon Shopping Mall Shooting - Gunman Kills Three At Clackmas Town Center Mall
- Photos Of Jacob Tyler Roberts, Oregon Shopping Mall Gunman 'Who Snapped After Missing His Flight To Hawaii'
- LeBron James Says He Will Never Enter The Slam Dunk Contest
- Nick Lachey Kicked Out Of Bengals-Chargers Game
- Debra Winger takes on a role in Broadway's 'The Anarchist'
- Gennifer Flowers' Claims Clinton Hit On Her In 2005
More from Headline
- Nanny Caught On Video Kicking, Slapping And Stomping On Toddler's Head Repeatedly - Graphic Video
- White House to Democrats: We’ll seek extension to Iran nuclear talks
- Officials prepare for Ferguson grand jury decision, urge calm
- FBI arrests two would-be Ferguson bomb suspects: law enforcement source
- Obama seeks support for immigration plan, blasts Boehner
A horrific shooting at an Oregon shopping mall has claimed at least three lives, including that of the gunman who opened fire on holiday shoppers with a semiautomatic rifle.
The gunman was 'neutralized' after the Clackmas Town Center was placed on lock-down with all entrances blocked as police and SWAT teams searching the stores.
Clackmas County Sheriff's spokesman James Rhodes told reporters that the unidentified gunman murdered two people and wounded several others before he himself was killed.
Emergency: Police, fire, and EMTSs raced to the Clackamas Town Center where a gunman opened fire on holiday shoppers
Hurt: Law enforcement confirmed there had been fatalities and several injuries but could not specify the number
Rhodes could not comment on how the gunman died.
Law enforcement could release no further details.
The incident began at approximately 3:30 p.m. when emergency dispatchers received reports that a gunman had opened fire near the mall's food court with an AR-15.
Reporters at the scene reported up to 60 shots fired at the and said the man may have been wearing body armor.
According to the Oregonian at least three people were hit in the shooting, two of whom were dead.
Initial reports indicated a second person may have also been killed but police have yet to confirm those statements.
One witness told television station KATU he saw sheets pulled over the bodies of two victims.
Shocked: People look on outside Clackamas Town Center in Clackamas, Ore., waiting to know if the gunman has been stopped
Evan Walters told the station he was shopping with friends when the shooting began.
'It was kind of surreal because we hear pops and loud noises all the time because we're right here by the food court, but it's never been anything like that,' he told KATU. 'It was very definite gun shots. I think most all of us knew it was gunshots. There really was no rhyme or reason to them. There were many in a row.'
Another witness said she saw people screaming and parents clutching their children as they fled.
That witness described the witness as wearing camouflage and a mask.
Uncertain: Authorities have not confirmed whether the 'neutralized' gunman was among the dead
Horror: Authorities were called to the scene at 3:30 p.m. when a gunman was reported with a semiautomatic rifle