- Bratton: Cop killer made anti-police online posts, shot girlfriend earlier in Baltimore
- Va. Lawmaker Who Resigned Won't Seek Seat Again as Democrat
- Bratton: Cop Killer Made Anti-Police Online Posts
- Censored: Michelle Mone on why she won't be posing in her lingerie anymore, her cheeky tweet on her ex-husband's engagement... the new cancer scare that made her sell her business
- Luckiest man alive: Astonishing moment Chinese cyclist cheats death when he is run over by lorry... but misses every wheel
- Women's voices really DO make men's skin tingle: How electrical activity in the skin increases when fertile women speak
- Into the impossible: One girl's incredible journey from war-torn Sierra Leone to international ballet stardom
- Why I asked Tony Blair the truth about him and Wendi Murdoch, by journalist who made former Prime Minister sweat in interview for The Economist magazine
- Is Hollywood really this vile, no, it's even worse, writes RACHEL JOHNSON
- Introducing the 'drugalyser': Police launch the first ever roadside SALIVA test that can detect narcotics, legal highs and even prescription medicines like pain killers
Police hunt for 'preppy muggers' who assaulted restaurant employee
More from Headline
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston
- Fit for a queen! Nicole Richie looks regal in embroidered blue velvet jacket as she stops by Malibu boutique
- He's becoming a Kardashian! David Schwimmer set to play late OJ Simpson lawyer Robert in American Crime drama
- 'We’re gonna keep her!' Kristen Bell gives birth to a second daughter... and Dax Shepard reveals the unusual name
- Jessica Alba bundles up in head-to-toe black for business meeting at The Honest Company
- Raleigh police are on the hunt for five 'preppy' men, including one wearing a business suit, who last month reportedly assaulted a restaurant employee
- Police say the five men punched and kicked Joshua Daniel Mosley, 30, until he became unconscious
- Mosley was taken to a local hospital after the early-morning attack on Saturday, November 24
- He said he continues to suffer from headaches, dizziness and memory lapses two weeks after the incident
PUBLISHED: 15:01 EST, 7 December 2012 | UPDATED: 15:42 EST, 7 December 2012
Police are on the hunt for a group of ‘preppy’ muggers -- five dapper men, including one wearing a business suit, who last month reportedly assaulted a restaurant employee.
Joshua Daniel Mosley, 30, of Raleigh, North Carolina, was taken to a local hospital after the early-morning attack on Saturday, November 24.
Police are now using video surveillance footage of the five men, which was made public this week, to track down suspects, the Charlotte Observer reports.
Preppy roughians: Five well-dressed men are said to have assaulted a local restaurant employee after going through his co-worker's purse. Two are shown here
Surveillance footage: Two of the suspected men were caught on camera shoving each other. It is unclear whether they were engaged in a dispute or roughhousing
Officers say the assault occurred in front of the Italian restaurant where Mosley worked between 2.30 and 3am, when most of the area’s bars began to close.
The muggers seized Mosley’s co-worker’s purse and were digging through it when he ran over to help her, according to a police report of the incident.
Police say the five men then punched and kicked Mosley until he became unconscious.
‘They worked me over pretty good,’ he told the Observer. ‘When they were through, they threw me on the ground.’
Suspected muggers: The men were described as wearing jeans, a pale yellow jacket, khakis, and loafers, while one was wearing a suit
Medical officials closed a gaping wound in the middle of Mosley’s forehead using glue.
Look familiar? One of the men is caught on camera by himself
‘It was either glue or 13 stitches,’ Mosley said.
The assaulted restaurant employee said he also suffered a gash under his eye, injuries to his nose and bruises on his right arm due to the attack.
He said he continues to suffer from headaches, dizziness and memory lapses two weeks after the incident.
Mosley’s co-worker, Mia Longo, described the five muggers as being dressed ‘preppy.’
‘Jeans, a pale yellow jacket, khakis, loafers,’ she told the Observer. ‘One was wearing a suit.’
Police obtained video surveillance footage from that morning, which includes images of the well-dressed men, but not the assault. The footage has not been released to the public yet.
In two photos, two of the men can be seen shoving each other.
It is unclear whether they were engaged in a dispute or roughhousing.
Police are asking that anyone who recognizes the suspects or who may have seen them elsewhere around the time of the assault call Raleigh Crime Stoppers at 919-834-4357.