- EMS pros participate in 6th annual expo
- Five Great College Basketball Games Left This Season
- Ravens Cornerback Victor Hampton Arrested For DWI
- Bottled Water Big Seller as City Water Troubles Continue
- Eugenics Victims To Be Compensated 25,000 Dollars
- Part of Mount Clinton Pike Closed
- A rare look inside a Saudi prison that showers terrorists with perks
- Data thieves raid TalkTalk customers' bank accounts: Thousands at mercy of fraudsters after addresses and phone numbers were stolen from firm's computers
- Terrifying moment a skydiver suffers a seizure in freefall and plummets unconscious... before his instructor comes to the rescue and pulls open his parachute with seconds to spare
- As Mariella Frostrup whines over-50s are hard done by, Linda Kelsey says: 'Mid-life moaners should be grateful not grumpy'
A family affair: Glamorous teen 'drove getaway car for her father and brother as they robbed bank'
More from Headline
- Madonna speaks to Jonathan Ross about THAT BRIT Awards fall
- Make-up free Kim Kardashian sticks out her tongue in playful selfie while Kourtney and Khloe get glam for KUWTK confessional
- Student, 18, 'encouraged her friend to end his own life', organized a fundraiser in his name - and was only caught when cops found his final texts
- 'Half-ton killer' loses 800lbs: Woman who falsely confessed to killing nephew by rollling on him turns life around to find new love
- Leonard Nimoy, 'Star Trek's' Spock, Dies at Age 83
- Abigail Catt is accused of driving the getaway car for her 50-year-old father Ronald and 20-year-old brother Hayden after they robbed a bank in Fort Bend, Texas
- The three family members have been indicted on charges of aggravated robbery and been languishing in the Fort Bend County Jail
- Father and son had their bail set at $140,000 while Abigail's was posted at $100,000
By James Nye
PUBLISHED: 14:51 EST, 7 December 2012 | UPDATED: 15:50 EST, 7 December 2012
They stand accused of believing that the family that robs banks together stays together.
Getaway driver: Eighteen-year-old Abby Catt allegedly drove a getaway car while her father and brother robbed banks
That is what authorities in Fort Bend, Texas allege about 50-year-old father Ronald Scott Catt, his 20-year-old partner in crime and son Hayden Scott Catt and their glamorous getaway driver, 18-year-old daughter Abigail 'Abby' Catt.
Indicted yesterday on charges of aggravated robbery at the First Community Credit Union on October 1st, the locked-up family are suspected of a further Texan heist and another five bank jobs in their native Oregon.
Arrested on November 9th, the three
alleged thieves have been languishing in the Fort Bend County Jail since
then and father and son had their bail set at $140,000 while
Abigail's was posted at $100,000.
On October 1st, two men entered the credit union on Cinco Ranch Boulevard in Fort Bend dressed in orange traffic vests and dark sunglasses and held bank tellers at gunpoint.
According to the security camera, the younger man wore a fake mustache, while the older man sported a painter's mask.
Abigail is alleged to have been waiting outside with the engine running to ensure a quick getaway.
investigating the robbery linked the vests to those sold at Home
Depot and at a branch of the store 14 miles from the First Community
Credit Union they found stolen license plates that were linked to a car
used in a robbery in Harris County in August.
In that robbery, the two male suspects wore painter masks and overalls as disguises.
viewing videotapes at the checkout counters, they identified Hayden and
Abby Catt purchasing the vests with their father's debit card,' the
Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office said.
'Ronald Catt was later identified purchasing a painter's mask.'
Scroll Down for Video
Family of robbers: Ronald Scott Catt (left) and his two children, 20-year-old Hayden (right) and 18-year-old Abby were arrested on November 9th charges they robbed a credit union in Katy, Texas
The most important factor on the vests was the X on the back, which narrowed the search field.
Sheriff's deputies arrest Ronald and Hayden Scott Catt on November 9th at a Katy, Texas apartment and later that day they apprehended Abigail.
Following interviews with the suspects, Fort Bend detectives notified authorities in Oregon -- where the Catt family is originally from -- as they 'believe the suspects may be connected to five bank robbery cases in the Portland ... area,' the sheriff's office said.
Glamorous Abigail Catt allegedly drove the getaway car for her brother and father as they robbed banks across Oregon and Texas
Ronald Catt, 50, allegedly robbing the First Community Credit Union in Fort Bend on October 1st
In Facebook pictures Abigail Catt looks far and away from being a getaway driver in a bank robbery
While it is not known where Ronald's wife or the children's mother is currently, it has been reported that Catt had recently divorced after losing his engineering job.
Having transplanted to Katy, Texas, Hayden had begun work as a front desk clerk at a small town hotel and Abigail had begun work at a local Victoria's Secret store.
'Finally got the job interview i wanted!' Abby wrote on her Facebook page on Nov. 3. 'man im workin my way up to big $$!! so proud of myself ever since i moved to tx. we all have so much potential, some jus need to decide what they are going to do with all of it! there is great things out there, go and find it!'
The allegations have surprised their friends and acquaintances. Eric Lundeen, a family friend, told ABC News that the family appeared to be 'really solid community members.' He went that Ronald 'had the responsibility to take care of his kids and I got to tell you, he was there for them.'
Ronald Scott Catt stands poses in a picture taken from his Facebook account while his partner in crime and son Hayden appears in a picture with an unidentified woman (right)