- ?Washington Business Report? ? Nov. 23, 2014
- Sunday, November 23, 2014
- David Cameron will FAIL to honour pledge to cut immigration, Theresa May admits amid surge in EU workers moving to Britain
- Health chiefs to close Burger King restaurant inside hospital after years of criticism
- Don't like your boss? Tell them and you'll do BETTER at work, says study
- LIZ JONES: Buying a latte in your undies is NOT a human right, girls
- North Korea's Kim Jong inspects maps as he observes huge military display
- Scientists thrilled after spectacled hare-wallaby thought to be extinct has been rediscovered
- Cosby insider speaks out: 'Fixer who once paid off women, wrangled a harem of models and helped beloved star fool the world' comes forward
- Sir Cliff Richard vows to sue the BBCafter TV news crew filmed abuse inquiry police raiding his home
Notorious B.I.G. autopsy reveals rapper was shot in the 'chest, shoulder, leg, forearm and scrotum'
More from Headline
- Nanny Caught On Video Kicking, Slapping And Stomping On Toddler's Head Repeatedly - Graphic Video
- White House to Democrats: We’ll seek extension to Iran nuclear talks
- Officials prepare for Ferguson grand jury decision, urge calm
- FBI arrests two would-be Ferguson bomb suspects: law enforcement source
- Obama seeks support for immigration plan, blasts Boehner
PUBLISHED: 15:33 EST, 7 December 2012 | UPDATED: 16:57 EST, 7 December 2012
A never-before-seen autopsy report has revealed that The Notorious B.I.G was shot in the 'chest, shoulder, leg, forearm and scrotum' on the night of his murder.
According to the document obtained by TMZ, the rapper, whose real name was Christopher Wallace, was shot four times during the drive-by which took place on Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles in 1997.
Rap star: Notorious B.I.G. at the Billboard Awards in 1995. He was killed two years later but his autopsy report has only just emerged
The hip-hop artist, who was listed on the autopsy as 6ft 1in tall and weighing 395lbs, had been sitting in the passenger seat of a Chevy Suburban when the shooting occurred.
However, while he was hit four times, three of the shots proved not to be fatal.
Wallace was first shot in the left forearm, with the bullet traveling down to his wrist, before the second shot struck him in the back - narrowly missing his vital organs before exiting through his left shoulder.
And the third shot entered through Wallace's left thigh, before leaving on the other side of his leg. Referring to the third shot, the report reads: 'The projectile strikes the left side of the scrotum, causing a very shallow, 3/8 inch linear laceration.'
It was the fourth shot which proved fatal, as it hit Wallace's heart, liver, colon and part of his left lung when it entered through his right hip, before settling around his left shoulder.
Mystery: The rapper, pictured with Sean 'Diddy' Combs in 1997, was shot in LA but nobody was ever charged in connection with the death
In the years since Wallace's murder, a number of theories have emerged, including the suspicion that police officers were involved.
However, former Los Angeles police chief Bernard Parks, who was in charge of the force at the time of the shooting, called claims of a cover-up ‘absurd.’
Nobody was ever charged in connection with the death, but it was widely blamed on a rap war between the East and West Coast.
Six months before the shooting, West Coast rapper Tupac Shakur was killed by a gunman in Las Vegas in another murder that has never been solved.
Detectives have investigated claims that the two shootings could have been linked.
Raised in Brooklyn, Wallace started selling drugs at the age of 12 and served nine months in prison before going on to sell more than seven million records.
Crime scene: The star was shot during a drive-by which took place on Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles