- Millions Hunker Down as Northeast Storm Totals Downgraded
- Steven Spielberg warns of anti-Semitism resurgence in speech to Holocaust survivors
- Former top Army prosecutor who served in both Iraq and Afghanistan sentenced to 20 years in prison for sexual assault
- BBC chief Tony Hall has signalled move to take the show back to its roots
- '404 - Plane Not Found': Hackers replace Malaysia Airlines booking page with an error message taunting airline over MH370
- Thousands of council tax snoopers barred from homes
- Brothers who ratted on Mexico's biggest drug lord: They ran a $2bn drug ring, now they face just a few years inside. But will the Sinaloa cartel let them live to tell the tale?
- Network Rail train chaos after computer bug blacks out information screens
- Danepak bacon contains 30 per cent less salt
- We're sleepwalking into CCTV Britain
Notorious B.I.G. autopsy reveals rapper was shot in the 'chest, shoulder, leg, forearm and scrotum'
More from Headline
- Holocaust survivor - “We were on our way to Auschwitz, we were relieved, thank God. Maybe this will be the place for the settlement”
- Gross death suspect 'faced charge'
- Six children arrested after man 'punched then chased into his home' after confronting noisy gang
- Tomas Berdych stuns Rafael Nadal as Spaniard's quest for 15th Grand Slam is ended in straight sets at Australian Open.
- Manchester United U21 2-1 Liverpool U21: Victor Valdes concedes on debut but Paddy McNair strike secures victory for home side.
PUBLISHED: 15:33 EST, 7 December 2012 | UPDATED: 16:57 EST, 7 December 2012
A never-before-seen autopsy report has revealed that The Notorious B.I.G was shot in the 'chest, shoulder, leg, forearm and scrotum' on the night of his murder.
According to the document obtained by TMZ, the rapper, whose real name was Christopher Wallace, was shot four times during the drive-by which took place on Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles in 1997.
Rap star: Notorious B.I.G. at the Billboard Awards in 1995. He was killed two years later but his autopsy report has only just emerged
The hip-hop artist, who was listed on the autopsy as 6ft 1in tall and weighing 395lbs, had been sitting in the passenger seat of a Chevy Suburban when the shooting occurred.
However, while he was hit four times, three of the shots proved not to be fatal.
Wallace was first shot in the left forearm, with the bullet traveling down to his wrist, before the second shot struck him in the back - narrowly missing his vital organs before exiting through his left shoulder.
And the third shot entered through Wallace's left thigh, before leaving on the other side of his leg. Referring to the third shot, the report reads: 'The projectile strikes the left side of the scrotum, causing a very shallow, 3/8 inch linear laceration.'
It was the fourth shot which proved fatal, as it hit Wallace's heart, liver, colon and part of his left lung when it entered through his right hip, before settling around his left shoulder.
Mystery: The rapper, pictured with Sean 'Diddy' Combs in 1997, was shot in LA but nobody was ever charged in connection with the death
In the years since Wallace's murder, a number of theories have emerged, including the suspicion that police officers were involved.
However, former Los Angeles police chief Bernard Parks, who was in charge of the force at the time of the shooting, called claims of a cover-up ‘absurd.’
Nobody was ever charged in connection with the death, but it was widely blamed on a rap war between the East and West Coast.
Six months before the shooting, West Coast rapper Tupac Shakur was killed by a gunman in Las Vegas in another murder that has never been solved.
Detectives have investigated claims that the two shootings could have been linked.
Raised in Brooklyn, Wallace started selling drugs at the age of 12 and served nine months in prison before going on to sell more than seven million records.
Crime scene: The star was shot during a drive-by which took place on Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles