- 1on1: Injunction on Obama's Immigration Actions - Pro & Con
- Mother Of Man Killed On The BW Parkway Speaks Out
- N. Korea launches two missiles as U.S., South Korea begin military exercises
- Community spirit, award-winning restaurant and population of just 1,400: Former tin-mining town in Devon is named best place to live in Britain's countryside
- W.Va. Senate OKs Election Bill for Potential Manchin Gov. Bid
- Cold Temperatures Makes Job Difficult for Firefighters
- $30K in damage after suspicious fire at John Marshall HS
- 2 dead in multi-vehicle crash near Oilville
- Thousands of Russians demonstrate after Putin critic killed
- WEATHER BLOG: Winter Blast Causes Treacherous Conditions
Notorious B.I.G. autopsy reveals rapper was shot in the 'chest, shoulder, leg, forearm and scrotum'
More from Headline
- Madonna speaks to Jonathan Ross about THAT BRIT Awards fall
- Make-up free Kim Kardashian sticks out her tongue in playful selfie while Kourtney and Khloe get glam for KUWTK confessional
- Student, 18, 'encouraged her friend to end his own life', organized a fundraiser in his name - and was only caught when cops found his final texts
- 'Half-ton killer' loses 800lbs: Woman who falsely confessed to killing nephew by rollling on him turns life around to find new love
- Leonard Nimoy, 'Star Trek's' Spock, Dies at Age 83
PUBLISHED: 15:33 EST, 7 December 2012 | UPDATED: 16:57 EST, 7 December 2012
A never-before-seen autopsy report has revealed that The Notorious B.I.G was shot in the 'chest, shoulder, leg, forearm and scrotum' on the night of his murder.
According to the document obtained by TMZ, the rapper, whose real name was Christopher Wallace, was shot four times during the drive-by which took place on Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles in 1997.
Rap star: Notorious B.I.G. at the Billboard Awards in 1995. He was killed two years later but his autopsy report has only just emerged
The hip-hop artist, who was listed on the autopsy as 6ft 1in tall and weighing 395lbs, had been sitting in the passenger seat of a Chevy Suburban when the shooting occurred.
However, while he was hit four times, three of the shots proved not to be fatal.
Wallace was first shot in the left forearm, with the bullet traveling down to his wrist, before the second shot struck him in the back - narrowly missing his vital organs before exiting through his left shoulder.
And the third shot entered through Wallace's left thigh, before leaving on the other side of his leg. Referring to the third shot, the report reads: 'The projectile strikes the left side of the scrotum, causing a very shallow, 3/8 inch linear laceration.'
It was the fourth shot which proved fatal, as it hit Wallace's heart, liver, colon and part of his left lung when it entered through his right hip, before settling around his left shoulder.
Mystery: The rapper, pictured with Sean 'Diddy' Combs in 1997, was shot in LA but nobody was ever charged in connection with the death
In the years since Wallace's murder, a number of theories have emerged, including the suspicion that police officers were involved.
However, former Los Angeles police chief Bernard Parks, who was in charge of the force at the time of the shooting, called claims of a cover-up ‘absurd.’
Nobody was ever charged in connection with the death, but it was widely blamed on a rap war between the East and West Coast.
Six months before the shooting, West Coast rapper Tupac Shakur was killed by a gunman in Las Vegas in another murder that has never been solved.
Detectives have investigated claims that the two shootings could have been linked.
Raised in Brooklyn, Wallace started selling drugs at the age of 12 and served nine months in prison before going on to sell more than seven million records.
Crime scene: The star was shot during a drive-by which took place on Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles