- Man surrenders peacefully after standoff near Brandermill
- Family who lost all get donation from Richmond middle school students
- Dow soars 400 points, led by rally in tech sector
- Celebrity Buzz: Whoopi, Rosie in shouting match over racism on 'The View'
- 5 NFL Week 16 JB Locks Against The Spread
- Ray Rice Taking Steps To Repair Image
- Md. Congressman Talks Effort To Free Alan Gross
- CBS Sports’ Steve Beuerlein Talks Philadelphia Eagles Vs. Washington Redskins
- CBS Sports’ Steve Beuerlein Talks San Diego Chargers Vs. San Francisco 49ers
- George Harrison, Bee Gees To Receive GRAMMY Lifetime Achievement Awards
'Kill those f******g Yankees': Gangnam Style pop sensation Psy used to spew anti-American hate
More from Headline
- Britney Spears proves her abs are real in Women's Health video of photo shoot
- Brooklyn rapper arrested in gun, narcotics investigation
- Central Texas TV weatherman shot; gunman pursued
- State Department saw graphic Kim Jong-un death scene in 'The Interview' and 'approved of it'
- The cyber warrior factory 'behind Sony hack' which handpicks genius children to target enemies of Kim Jong un
- South Korean rapper whose song has nearly 1 billion views appeared at anti-US protests in 2002
- Violent language suggested killing American military and their families
PUBLISHED: 15:47 EST, 7 December 2012 | UPDATED: 17:05 EST, 7 December 2012
With over 900 million views, the song Gangnam Style is the most-watched YouTube video of all time.
But its singer, the South Korean rapper Psy, may be about to lose much of his popularity in the U.S.
It has just come to light that the artist used to rap about 'slowly and painfully' killing American soldiers and their families.
Anti-American? Psy (center) appears with comedian Kathy Griffin (left) and singer Miley Cyrus at the 2012 iHeartRadio Music Festiva
Psy performs the Gangnam Style dance with U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon (left)
During an anti-American protest in Seoul in 2002 Psy smashed a model American tank live on stage.
The demonstration happened during strong anti-American sentiment in the country after a 50-tonne U.S. armored vehicle killed two 14-year-old South Korean girls, Shim Mi-seon and Shin Hyo-sun, on their way to a birthday party.
Sergeants Mark Walker and Fernando Nino were in charge of the vehicle at the time of the accident and were charged with negligent homicide. American military officials refused requests for the soldiers to be tried in South Korean courts.
When the two men were found not guilty by a U.S. military court in February 2002, it ignited massive anti-American protests. The memory of the two girls is commemorated annually in South Korea.
Tragic deaths: Posters show the faces of Shim Mi-seon and Shin Hyo-sun, the teenage girls crushed by a U.S. army vehicle, during an anti-American rally in 2002
Then, two years later, after the death of a Korean missionary in Iraq, a group of musicians performed a protest song called Dear American written by rock band N.E.X.T.
When it came to Psy's turn he rapped about 'killing those f***ing Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives.
'Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers.
'Kill them all slowly and painfully.'
Psy has been teaching his unique dance on talk shows, included Extra at The Grove
Anger is growing in America, a country that has taken Psy to heart this year, making Gangnam Style the music sensation of 2012.
His unique 'sexy horse' dance has been performed by celebrities and politicians, including everyone from Madonna to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon.
The UN leader described the song as 'force for world peace.'
Psy performed Gangnam Style at the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards in September.
Since then he has appeared on the Ellen DeGeneres Show (twice), the Today show, Saturday Night Live at the iHeartRadio Music Festival, the Formula One Korean Grand Prix, the 2012 MTV Europe Music Awards and the Tonight show with Jay Leno.
The rapper remains on the bill to perform for President Obama for a Christmas in Washington concert on December 21.
The outcry against the rapper includes an online petition asking for Psy's invitation to be cancelled due to his anti-American past and violent rhetoric.
PSY'S ANTI-AMERICAN RAP
'Kill those f*****g Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives
Kill those f*****g Yankees who ordered them to torture
Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers
Kill them all slowly and painfully'
Watch video: Psy's Gangnam Style, the most popular video of all time on YouTube