- Man shoots ex-girlfriend at Nordstroms cosmetics counter before killing himself on Black Friday
- The selfie is out as the mermaid hair flick takes over this summer as the new social media trend
- Florida man reels in massive 719-pound gator after baiting it to charge with an electronic call
- Uber executive 'disciplined' for privacy violation after tracking the journey of a journalist took using 'God View' tool
- 'Pull ya head in Bob' - colourful cop slammed for using official police Facebook page to question whether flags should have been lowered for Phillip Hughes as his boss admits the post 'may have caused some distress'
- Play abandoned: No one wants to play cricket in Macksville this weekend as locals mourn the tragic loss of supremely gifted batsman Phillip Hughes, the little riverside town's favourite son
- Get ready for war. Just make sure you do your homework first. Sydney teenager who joined IS in Syria asked for more school work before he left so as not to fall behind
- 'Since when are Egyptians not white? All I know are': Rupert Murdoch gets slammed for comments on backlash about white actors playing leading roles in new epic Moses film
- The hug shared 'round the world: The touching moment a cop hugs an emotional Ferguson protester in gesture of peace
- Virginia Tech holds off UVA, earns bowl eligibility
Ariz. Record Lotto Jackpot Claimed
More from Headline
- Darren Wilson to receive $1 million in funding from supporters: 'Michael Brown made a bad choice that day.'
- P. D. James, Author of the Adam Dalgliesh Mysteries, Dies at 94
- Outbreak of bubonic plague in Madagascar has claimed 47 victims
- $100k in cash found inside bag at Cali. Burger King
- Roseanne's Bill Cosby joke gone wrong
The Arizona Lottery has confirmed that the winning ticket has been claimed for half of the $587.5 million jackpot, which has remained a mystery for weeks.
The winning numbers were drawn on Nov. 28 for the largest jackpot ever, after rolling 16 consecutive times without a winner.
The $587.5 million jackpot is the largest in Powerball history, with a cash option of $384.7 million before taxes.
The Arizona Lottery will hold a press conference on Friday afternoon, though the winner has declined to participate. Lottery officials said the winner in Arizona has chosen the cash option and will receive $192 million, before taxes, rather than a larger payout over several years.
The previous record Powerball jackpost -- $365 million -- was won in 2006 by eight co-workers in Lincoln, Neb.
Read more: 5 Reasons You're Lucky You Didn't Have Winning Powerball Numbers
Arizona lottery officials previously said the ticket was purchased at a Four Sons Food Store in Fountain Hills, Ariz. and was part of a $10 Quick Pick ticket.
The winning numbers for the jackpot were 5, 23, 16, 22 and 29. The Powerball was 6.
Mark and Cindy Hill of Dearborn, Mo. claimed the first half of the jackpot on Nov. 30.
The Hills chose to take home about $193 million in a lump-sum cash payment.