- 2nd mistrial declared in ex-FBI agent's murder trial
- Records show man had hands up when shot by Fairfax police
- Police recover body found in water south of National Airport
- 1on1: Preview of Talk: "Impact of Climate Change on Peace & Security"
- Judge Expresses Doubt about Constitutionality of No-Fly List
- Video: Islamic State Group Beheads Japanese Journalist
- Kids in Liberia go back to school — in a building where dozens died of Ebola
- Revealed: CIA conducted joint operation with Mossad to kill Hezbollah leader dubbed 'Osama Bin Laden of the eighties' in a car bomb attack
- Secret Grand Central railway siding under the Waldorf Astoria used by FDR
- W**** Julia, dummy and b**** dog: The offensive names Comcast customer services put on letters are revealed days after Comcast apologized for calling patron A**hole
Christmas style: Find the perfect festive dress with Very's pick of the best LRDs!
More from Headline
- Nick Clegg admits wanting to slap David Cameron and brands Boris Johnson 'more t*** than statesman'
- Two charged with double murder of married couple five months after the husband, 63, thwarted armed robbery of his mattress store by shooting a suspect in the stomach.
- Carl's Jr's Super Bowl advert model Charlotte McKinney reveals her bullied past, her future in movies - and how she really did bite into THAT burger.
- Tragedy on Martin Scorsese film set
- Barack and Michelle Obama tweet childhood photos
Forget LBDs, this Christmas it's all about little red dresses - festive AND fashion forward! And, thanks to Very.co.uk, we've got the best picks here just for you...
Push the black to the back of your wardrobe, the little RED dress is the only choice for the fashion-conscious this Christmas!
With only three weeks until Christmas, the party season is well under way (eeek!). Forget searching for presents – the pursuit of the perfect festive frock is your real priority now. The high street may be swamped with vicious shoppers and the rails emptying fast, but you still need to find a dress to impress, whether you're going out with colleagues or the girls.
With your trusty LBD, you can be at risk of looking like a doppelgänger at your seasonal soiree. But the answer to December's dilemma is easy – ditch the LBD and embrace a sizzling and seasonal little red dress! With a Valentino exhibition at London’s Somerset House this winter (lipstick red is Valentino’s signature shade), red dresses couldn’t be any more on trend.
Red should be worn when you want to stand out. And just like a timeless lipstick, there's a shade to suit every complexion and a shape to suit any figure. Here is our selection of party dresses to help you make a statement this Christmas.
Impress your friends with your daring side
If you're heading out with the girls, you want a fun, flirty dress with plenty of attitude. Take a leaf out of Emma Watson's book and keep it short, lacy and layered. This red lace dress from AX Paris (available from Very.co.uk) is the choice to add just enough drama to your evening out.
That Meaningful Meal
If you're meeting the Mr's parents, you’ll want to look chic but a little bit demure, so channelling a bit of Kate is probably a safe bet. The Duchess of Cambridge cemented herself as one of the nation’s style icons in the Alexander McQueen red dress she wore to the Jubilee Pageant and this stunning pleated Ted Baker dress is a great high street steal.
Kent Gavin / Daily Mirror
The ideal day-to-night dress needs to strike a balance between being smart, sassy and comfortable enough to wear all day long. Jersey is the ultimate day-to-night fabric - go for something empire lined with a forgiving floaty skirt, like this cocktail dress from Holly Willoughby's range for Very.co.uk.
Belle of the Ball
Want to impress your partner's colleagues at his Christmas ball, or maybe you want to show yours how well you can scrub up outside of business attire? Emma Stone has all the answers when it comes to looking like an Old Hollywood siren at a formal occasion. Take inspiration from her stunning Oscars number and go for a long flowing dress with a little dramatic detail to draw the eye!
If it's a night on the tiles that you're after, there’s only one look to go for and that's sparkle! Whatever your shape, a sequinned party dress in scarlet is guaranteed to be a major head-turner and a go-to glamour gown that you'll have for years to come! If you're feeling adventurous, go for something like this amazing asymmetric dress, from Myleene Klass’ range.