- W.Va. Pipeline Blast Burned 23,901 Barrels of Ethane
- U.Va. Issues Alert to Students after Mumps Case Confirmed
- How budget travel has evolved from hippies, the original backpackers, to flashpacking
- Shiite soldiers jump through fire and crawl on sand at gun point in desert training drills after joining Iraqi Army to fight against ISIS
- Campaigners demand top floors of new-build blocks of flats in Oxford be sliced off to end blight of dreaming spires - at a cost of £30m
- Ministry of Justice condemned for error in its simplified guidance for disabled people by suggesting suspects are not innocent until proven guilty
- Moment convicted paedophile was caught by vigilantes after travelling 300 miles thinking he was going to have sex with a 14-year-old schoolgirl
- President Bill Clinton attends Leonardo DiCaprio's film premiere
- Man 'kidnapped his 19-year-old girlfriend and raped and beat her with a tire iron for five days'
- Russian spies still thriving in U.S. over 20 years after Cold War says Justice department after arrest of agent posing as banker
Dylan McDermott's Mom Murdered by Ex-Mobster Boyfriend
- Teen Lesbian Couple Found Murdered in Texas Park
- Mom Abuses Infant, Sends Threats, Videos to Father
- Kentucky Father Arrested After Leaving Son In Car While He Worked
- CSI Student Who 'Murdered and Dismembered Jessica Ridgeway Wanted to Be a Mortician
- Lois Goodman, Pro Tennis Umpire, Allegedly Murdered Her Husband
More from Headline
- Nick Clegg admits wanting to slap David Cameron and brands Boris Johnson 'more t*** than statesman'
- Two charged with double murder of married couple five months after the husband, 63, thwarted armed robbery of his mattress store by shooting a suspect in the stomach.
- Carl's Jr's Super Bowl advert model Charlotte McKinney reveals her bullied past, her future in movies - and how she really did bite into THAT burger.
- Tragedy on Martin Scorsese film set
- Barack and Michelle Obama tweet childhood photos
Connecticut police say Dylan McDermott’s mother didn’t kill herself in 1967, instead investigators say she was murdered.
The Republican-American newspaper reports that Diane McDermott was shot in the head in February 1967, when Dylan was 5 years old, and at the time it was ruled a suicide. After recently re-opening the cold case, Waterbury, Connecticut police say they now have enough evidence to file murder charges John Sponza, a man who was living with Diane at the time of her death. Police also say Sponza was connected to organized crime, and his body was found in the trunk of a car in a grocery store in Massachusetts.
The paper also reports that Dylan requested for the case to re-opened.
Police Superintendent Michael Gugliotti said, "He said, 'In order for me to survive and to get where I am today, I needed to bury that moment in my life deep within myself,' " the paper reports. "He said it wasn't until recently 'that I've come to the point in my life where I'm able to begin to process all of this.' "
Police say at the time Sponza was the only witness to Diane’s death. Sponza allegedly told police that she had committed suicide, but now investigators say the caliber of the gun found near her body was too small to have been the murder weapon.
Sponza reportedly told police at the time that Diane had committed suicide. But new evidence suggests that the gun found near Diane's body was too small a caliber to have been the weapon that killed her, and that the murder weapon had been pressed to the back of her head. Dylan McDermott has yet to comment about the investigation.