- RVA protesters flood city streets day after Ferguson decision
- This year's Christmas must have... an ouija board: Google reports searches for item up 300% in past month as it lists 'hottest' gifts for this year
- Virginia State gears up for Bloomsburg in NCAA 2nd Round
- Upset-minded Petersburg takes aim at unbeaten Lafayette
- English teacher, 32, accused of having threesome with 16-year-old student and coworker, 24, pleads not guilty
- Lost wedding ring returned by 12 year old boy
- Madagascar bubonic plague outbreak has claimed 47 victims
- The tear-jerking moment a family gets to listen to their 21-year-old son's heart beating in the chest of a Vietnam vet
- My eyes are up here! Bill Clinton caught 'not paying attention' in selfie with attractive brunette
- RG3 out, McCoy to start for ?Skins against Colts
Authorities Believe Rodney King Was Drunk and Smoked Marijuana Before Death
More from Headline
Less than two months ago, Rodney King was giving interviews for the 20th anniversary of the 1992 LA riots. And yet, on early Sunday morning, King, age 47, was found dead at the bottom of his pool at his modest tract house in Rialto, 55 miles east of Los Angeles, Patch reports.
Police are investigating the death as a drowning, and a toxicology test will be conducted to determine if King was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of his death.
King's fiancée told friends that Rodney had been drinking all day Saturday and smoking marijuana in the hours leading up to his death, TMZ reports. The fiancé, Cynthia Kelley, said that she awoke to King screaming in the backyard at about 5 a.m. She found him naked, banging on glass and, when she went to get her phone, she heard a big splash.
Police confiscated marijuana plants from his house Monday as evidence, the Los Angeles Times reports.