- Murder charge for man who mistook York Co. hunter for deer
- Vietnam war memento's owner found
- Tom Brokaw gets good news: His cancer is in remission
- Frederick Authorities Increasing Presence At 2 Schools
- AACO Middle School Wins Month-Long Computer Coding Contest
- Stores Extend Hours for Last Minute Shoppers
- Danville Family Grateful to Have Home for the Holidays
- First arrest in forex scandal: Former RBS trader held on suspicion of rigging £3.5trillion foreign exchange market
- Pre-Christmas rush from 1pm to 2pm to sideline traditional discount frenzy... and here are some of this year's must-have gifts
- Your Christmas lunch through a straw: First-ever liquid dinner containing just 300 calories is unveiled by scientists
Authorities Believe Rodney King Was Drunk and Smoked Marijuana Before Death
More from Headline
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston
- Fit for a queen! Nicole Richie looks regal in embroidered blue velvet jacket as she stops by Malibu boutique
- He's becoming a Kardashian! David Schwimmer set to play late OJ Simpson lawyer Robert in American Crime drama
- 'We’re gonna keep her!' Kristen Bell gives birth to a second daughter... and Dax Shepard reveals the unusual name
- Jessica Alba bundles up in head-to-toe black for business meeting at The Honest Company
Less than two months ago, Rodney King was giving interviews for the 20th anniversary of the 1992 LA riots. And yet, on early Sunday morning, King, age 47, was found dead at the bottom of his pool at his modest tract house in Rialto, 55 miles east of Los Angeles, Patch reports.
Police are investigating the death as a drowning, and a toxicology test will be conducted to determine if King was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of his death.
King's fiancée told friends that Rodney had been drinking all day Saturday and smoking marijuana in the hours leading up to his death, TMZ reports. The fiancé, Cynthia Kelley, said that she awoke to King screaming in the backyard at about 5 a.m. She found him naked, banging on glass and, when she went to get her phone, she heard a big splash.
Police confiscated marijuana plants from his house Monday as evidence, the Los Angeles Times reports.