- NBC12's Kym Grinnage to speak at Richmond International Film Festival FLOW conference
- Car runs into bus stop, 3 injured, 1 pinned under car in Md.
- Missouri gunman's night of terror in tiny rural town - and how a fleeing shoeless girl in a nightgown, 15, raised the alarm
- 'I will be the poster boy for inequality': Multi-billionaire claims he was misquoted when he said Americans 'need to have less things in life' and offers advice so that 'everyone can succeed'
- New York suffers coldest February in 81 years: Records continue to tumble as parts of country experiences coldest month in decades... and TWO more storms are on the way
- Trekkies around the globe memorialize Spock as fans leave flowers on Hollywood Boulevard after Leonard Nimoy's passing
- Extremist preacher STILL set to talk at Jihadi John's old university after planned visit was cancelled on day ISIS executioner was unmasked
- Family and friends of missing schoolgirl Rebecca Watts start their own search for 16-year-old as fears continue to grow for her safety
- The devoted couple who have been married for 9 years - but have never had sex because wife suffers from a rare medical condition
Authorities Believe Rodney King Was Drunk and Smoked Marijuana Before Death
More from Headline
- Madonna speaks to Jonathan Ross about THAT BRIT Awards fall
- Make-up free Kim Kardashian sticks out her tongue in playful selfie while Kourtney and Khloe get glam for KUWTK confessional
- Student, 18, 'encouraged her friend to end his own life', organized a fundraiser in his name - and was only caught when cops found his final texts
- 'Half-ton killer' loses 800lbs: Woman who falsely confessed to killing nephew by rollling on him turns life around to find new love
- Leonard Nimoy, 'Star Trek's' Spock, Dies at Age 83
Less than two months ago, Rodney King was giving interviews for the 20th anniversary of the 1992 LA riots. And yet, on early Sunday morning, King, age 47, was found dead at the bottom of his pool at his modest tract house in Rialto, 55 miles east of Los Angeles, Patch reports.
Police are investigating the death as a drowning, and a toxicology test will be conducted to determine if King was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of his death.
King's fiancée told friends that Rodney had been drinking all day Saturday and smoking marijuana in the hours leading up to his death, TMZ reports. The fiancé, Cynthia Kelley, said that she awoke to King screaming in the backyard at about 5 a.m. She found him naked, banging on glass and, when she went to get her phone, she heard a big splash.
Police confiscated marijuana plants from his house Monday as evidence, the Los Angeles Times reports.