- EMS pros participate in 6th annual expo
- Five Great College Basketball Games Left This Season
- Ravens Cornerback Victor Hampton Arrested For DWI
- Bottled Water Big Seller as City Water Troubles Continue
- Eugenics Victims To Be Compensated 25,000 Dollars
- Part of Mount Clinton Pike Closed
- A rare look inside a Saudi prison that showers terrorists with perks
- Data thieves raid TalkTalk customers' bank accounts: Thousands at mercy of fraudsters after addresses and phone numbers were stolen from firm's computers
- Terrifying moment a skydiver suffers a seizure in freefall and plummets unconscious... before his instructor comes to the rescue and pulls open his parachute with seconds to spare
- As Mariella Frostrup whines over-50s are hard done by, Linda Kelsey says: 'Mid-life moaners should be grateful not grumpy'
Heigl's Life As She Knows It
More from Headline
- Madonna speaks to Jonathan Ross about THAT BRIT Awards fall
- Make-up free Kim Kardashian sticks out her tongue in playful selfie while Kourtney and Khloe get glam for KUWTK confessional
- Student, 18, 'encouraged her friend to end his own life', organized a fundraiser in his name - and was only caught when cops found his final texts
- 'Half-ton killer' loses 800lbs: Woman who falsely confessed to killing nephew by rollling on him turns life around to find new love
- Leonard Nimoy, 'Star Trek's' Spock, Dies at Age 83
In March, Katherine Heigl announced that she was leaving "Grey's Anatomy" to focus on raising her 20-month-old adopted daughter Naleigh with her singer-songwriter husband Josh Kelley. Of course, while the 31-year-old actress may not be starring on the small screen anymore, she's not shying away from any big-screen roles. Her new movie, "Life As We Know It," which she not only stars in but executive produced, hits theaters on October 8. In the film, Heigl portrays one of two single adults who unexpectedly become caregivers to their goddaughter Sophie when the child's parents die in an accident.
"My experience as Holly in ["Life as We Know It"] was my experience as Katie in real life," shares Heigl in the October issue of InStyle. "There's this thing where, as a new mother, you're just constantly going, 'Am I doing this right? Am I handling this right? Am I playing with her enough? Should I be talking to her more?' You're just nervous, so you're almost creating more drama than is necessary."
Katherine also opens up to the mag about why she wanted to adopt. "Josh and I had been talking about adopting for a year before it actually happened," she reveals. "I had spoken to him about it before we got engaged because I wanted to be sure we were on the same page -- not everybody feels the way I do about adoption. I don't know why it was so important for me to do it before we had biological children, but I felt like I had been waiting for and dreaming about [daughter] Naleigh for a long time."To read more of Heigl's interview, pick up the new issue of InStyle when it hits newsstands on September 24.