- In Sony cyber attack's wake, North Korea experiencing widespread internet outage
- Police: Someone Set Fire To Martinsville School Board Office
- Mommy Monday: Fast Food May Affect Kids' Cognitive Skills
- J. Robert Jamerson Memorial Library Patrons Collect Christmas Gifts
- State Police: Survive the Holidays - Drive to Save Lives
- High School Basketball Game Ends With Brawl
- Va. Child Falls 18 Feet Off Ski Lift, Suffers Minor Injuries
- US Grant Money Supports Va. Farm-to-School Programs
- Poll: Cards, Gifts Cross Religious Lines
- Emergency Crews Respond to SUV Rollover on 81
Heigl's Life As She Knows It
More from Headline
- Family of slain NYPD cop FORGIVES cold-blooded killer saying 'he is in the hands of God now'
- Tara Palmer-Tomkinson at Heathrow after being 'arrested by armed police for throwing tantrum'
- Christmas is cancelled for 11-year-old boy as his single mother scrapes together £20,000 needed for school fees
- Satanic Temple puts up display at Michigan Capitol
- Florida police officer dies on duty after getting shot, run over
In March, Katherine Heigl announced that she was leaving "Grey's Anatomy" to focus on raising her 20-month-old adopted daughter Naleigh with her singer-songwriter husband Josh Kelley. Of course, while the 31-year-old actress may not be starring on the small screen anymore, she's not shying away from any big-screen roles. Her new movie, "Life As We Know It," which she not only stars in but executive produced, hits theaters on October 8. In the film, Heigl portrays one of two single adults who unexpectedly become caregivers to their goddaughter Sophie when the child's parents die in an accident.
"My experience as Holly in ["Life as We Know It"] was my experience as Katie in real life," shares Heigl in the October issue of InStyle. "There's this thing where, as a new mother, you're just constantly going, 'Am I doing this right? Am I handling this right? Am I playing with her enough? Should I be talking to her more?' You're just nervous, so you're almost creating more drama than is necessary."
Katherine also opens up to the mag about why she wanted to adopt. "Josh and I had been talking about adopting for a year before it actually happened," she reveals. "I had spoken to him about it before we got engaged because I wanted to be sure we were on the same page -- not everybody feels the way I do about adoption. I don't know why it was so important for me to do it before we had biological children, but I felt like I had been waiting for and dreaming about [daughter] Naleigh for a long time."To read more of Heigl's interview, pick up the new issue of InStyle when it hits newsstands on September 24.