- N.Y. man takes dying dog on bucket list adventure across the country
- 2 Injured In Early Morning Shootings In Baltimore
- CBS’ Bob Schieffer Is Ready For Retirement
- Fantasy Baseball Season Is One-Third Over, So What Does Your Team Need To Win?
- Hope on Wheels raises money for cancer patients
- Home Depot hosts 'Severe Weather Preparedness Workshop'
- Pro-Iran militias take upper hand after U.S.-backed forces crumble in Anbar
- GMACC community group uses reformed gang members to combat youth violence
- The seven drinks every visitor must try in Hong Kong
- Radiohead's Thom Yorke records song thats 18 DAYS long for Sydney art exhibition
Charlize Theron Shows Off Brunette Buzz Cut as She Dines With Her Mother in Cape Town
More from Female
- Is Fergie's killer aide plotting to spill her racy royal secrets?
- Bride Dawn Moore in agony after bungled tummy tuck made her stomach EXPLODE
- It's not just women who want the perfect beach body... MEN are feeling the pressure too (but say it is all because of their wives)
- 'Why should my son have dolls with big muscles who fight, and my daughters pretty dolls to dress up?' Mother creates realistic anti-Barbies with a spare tyres and cellulite
- 'My face felt like it was on fire': Woman left scarred for life after laser treatment to remove hair on her chin was badly bungled
She was known for her trademark long blonde locks prior to shaving her head earlier this year for her role in upcoming movie, Mad Max: Fury Road.
But it would seem Charlize Theron has had a little help along the way in the form of a bottle of hair dye.
Showcasing her seemingly natural brunette roots, the 37-year-old actress showed off her dramatic buzz cut as she enjoyed a lunch date with her mother, Gerda.
With her locks cropped close to her head, the Monster star looked happy and relaxed as she chatted to her relative over a bottle of rose champagne.
Charlize looked thrilled to be back in her native South Africa as the mother-daughter duo enjoyed a bite to eat at Cafe Caprice in Cape Town, South Africa.
Although the mother-of-one was without her usual flowing locks, it wasn't long before she was recognised by a group of fans, and happily posed alongside them for photographs.
Charlize looked her typically effortlessly chic self as she stepped out for the day, showing off her slim legs in a pair of indigo skinny jeans, which she teamed with a bright yellow off-shoulder jumper and a white vest.
The actress completed her look with a pair of RayBan aviator sunglasses, pretty tan sandals and a matching handbag.
Charlize chopped of her trademark long blonde locks in June to play Furiosa in Mad Max: Fury Road, the fourth film in the post apocalyptic series.
She will feature opposite Tom Hardy, who fills the role made famous by Mel Gibson, and she said she cannot wait for the cameras to roll.
The actress recently said: 'I feel like the original Mad Max created such a vivid world, that to go back and re-imagine it and kind of replay in that sandbox sounds like fun to me.
'George [Miller] really created a female character that I've never read anything like this. I mean, I'm scared!
'I'm very excited about it; I'm dying! It's been three years; it's time to skin this cat already!'