- One man burned escaping Henrico apartment fire
- Serena Williams wins 6th Australian Open, 19th major title
- No. 2 Virginia, Bennett poised for another ACC title run
- D.C. government ends fiscal year with $200M budget surplus
- Homeless man gets life in prison in machete attack outside Arlington library
- Former magistrate Zaher Somani fiddled his tax returns to evade £250,000 in income tax
- Japan says efforts to free Islamic State hostage are 'deadlocked' after extremists threatened to kill journalist and a Jordanian pilot they are holding captive
- Protest after suicide bombing of Pakistani mosque as funerals held for 61 victims
- Islamic State fighters finally admit they WERE defeated in Kobane stand-off because of US-led airstrikes
- Stefan Holub slaughtered piglets using a sledgehammer in shed next to Cheshire pub where he sold the meat
Charlize Theron Shows Off Brunette Buzz Cut as She Dines With Her Mother in Cape Town
More from Female
- Kate, Duchess of Cambridge's mother Carole Middleton turns 60
- As Jodie Kidd reveals split from David Blakeley FEMAIL charts why she is so unlucky in love
- Miss Rugby Natalie Nason was bullied over 'wart-like' growth on her cheek
- Tracy Anderson says avoid 'atrophy-induced holes' in VERY confusing Goop post
- Denmark's Princess Mary is glamorous in cut-price £50 dress at Copenhagen Fashion Week
She was known for her trademark long blonde locks prior to shaving her head earlier this year for her role in upcoming movie, Mad Max: Fury Road.
But it would seem Charlize Theron has had a little help along the way in the form of a bottle of hair dye.
Showcasing her seemingly natural brunette roots, the 37-year-old actress showed off her dramatic buzz cut as she enjoyed a lunch date with her mother, Gerda.
With her locks cropped close to her head, the Monster star looked happy and relaxed as she chatted to her relative over a bottle of rose champagne.
Charlize looked thrilled to be back in her native South Africa as the mother-daughter duo enjoyed a bite to eat at Cafe Caprice in Cape Town, South Africa.
Although the mother-of-one was without her usual flowing locks, it wasn't long before she was recognised by a group of fans, and happily posed alongside them for photographs.
Charlize looked her typically effortlessly chic self as she stepped out for the day, showing off her slim legs in a pair of indigo skinny jeans, which she teamed with a bright yellow off-shoulder jumper and a white vest.
The actress completed her look with a pair of RayBan aviator sunglasses, pretty tan sandals and a matching handbag.
Charlize chopped of her trademark long blonde locks in June to play Furiosa in Mad Max: Fury Road, the fourth film in the post apocalyptic series.
She will feature opposite Tom Hardy, who fills the role made famous by Mel Gibson, and she said she cannot wait for the cameras to roll.
The actress recently said: 'I feel like the original Mad Max created such a vivid world, that to go back and re-imagine it and kind of replay in that sandbox sounds like fun to me.
'George [Miller] really created a female character that I've never read anything like this. I mean, I'm scared!
'I'm very excited about it; I'm dying! It's been three years; it's time to skin this cat already!'