- Foul odor at RVA elementary school could force relocation
- Loaded gun at Chesterfield middle school, no lockdown
- NBC investigators look into Brian Williams interview on the Daily Show about his reporting from Arab Spring protests
- Alibaba, China Telecom tie up to sell phones
- Wall, Pierce get Wiz past Raptors 106-99 for 3-0 series lead
- Northern Virginia woman shares her journey to transgender
- Keidel: Money, Mayhem And Madness
- People Prepare for Bridge Day
- California man, 41, to stand trial on charges of raping and kidnapping his girlfriend's daughter who he later married and lived with for 10 years
- Anti-gay bakers face paying $135,000 to lesbian couple that it refused wedding cake... but Christian couple already raised $100,000 in eight hours on fundraising page
Charlize Theron Shows Off Brunette Buzz Cut as She Dines With Her Mother in Cape Town
More from Female
- Cdbury's Dairy Milk Spectacular has seven different chocolate flavours in one bar
- The best cuts of beef to buy for roasting, grilling and stewing
- Brooke Shedd in polygamous relationship with Adam Lyons has HER say
- Woman mocks Kylie Jenner lip challenge using tube of PRINGLES
- Student left with keloid scar after ear piercing as an act of teenage rebellion
She was known for her trademark long blonde locks prior to shaving her head earlier this year for her role in upcoming movie, Mad Max: Fury Road.
But it would seem Charlize Theron has had a little help along the way in the form of a bottle of hair dye.
Showcasing her seemingly natural brunette roots, the 37-year-old actress showed off her dramatic buzz cut as she enjoyed a lunch date with her mother, Gerda.
With her locks cropped close to her head, the Monster star looked happy and relaxed as she chatted to her relative over a bottle of rose champagne.
Charlize looked thrilled to be back in her native South Africa as the mother-daughter duo enjoyed a bite to eat at Cafe Caprice in Cape Town, South Africa.
Although the mother-of-one was without her usual flowing locks, it wasn't long before she was recognised by a group of fans, and happily posed alongside them for photographs.
Charlize looked her typically effortlessly chic self as she stepped out for the day, showing off her slim legs in a pair of indigo skinny jeans, which she teamed with a bright yellow off-shoulder jumper and a white vest.
The actress completed her look with a pair of RayBan aviator sunglasses, pretty tan sandals and a matching handbag.
Charlize chopped of her trademark long blonde locks in June to play Furiosa in Mad Max: Fury Road, the fourth film in the post apocalyptic series.
She will feature opposite Tom Hardy, who fills the role made famous by Mel Gibson, and she said she cannot wait for the cameras to roll.
The actress recently said: 'I feel like the original Mad Max created such a vivid world, that to go back and re-imagine it and kind of replay in that sandbox sounds like fun to me.
'George [Miller] really created a female character that I've never read anything like this. I mean, I'm scared!
'I'm very excited about it; I'm dying! It's been three years; it's time to skin this cat already!'