- Police Investigating Baltimore Man Fatally Shot During Home Invasion
- Jim Henneman On His New Book About Sixty Years Of Orioles Baseball
- Dozier’s Two-Run Homer In 10th Lifts Twins Over Orioles 4-2
- Orioles-Twins Preview: Game 2
- 13-Year-Old Charged In Fatal Stabbing Of 15-Year-Old Over Cellphone
- Md. Will Appeal FEMA Denial Of Riot Disaster Aid
- Cumberland Police: Man Charged With Kidnapping Girl, 16
- WEATHER BLOG: Calm, Humid Day
- New Sweet Briar board holds meeting, elects officers
- Search continues for Va. hunter who disappeared in 2013
Charlize Theron Shows Off Brunette Buzz Cut as She Dines With Her Mother in Cape Town
More from Female
- Kate Middleton's sister Pippa stuns at Princess Charlotte's christening
- Was Trentham High School right to ban girls from wearing skirts?
- Obese man swaps belly for six-pack by jogging 4 miles every day to deliver post
- Princess Charlotte's christening pram inspires Harrods bespoke coach-built prams
- Emily Wright's 'mum code' reveals when wives want sex with their husband
She was known for her trademark long blonde locks prior to shaving her head earlier this year for her role in upcoming movie, Mad Max: Fury Road.
But it would seem Charlize Theron has had a little help along the way in the form of a bottle of hair dye.
Showcasing her seemingly natural brunette roots, the 37-year-old actress showed off her dramatic buzz cut as she enjoyed a lunch date with her mother, Gerda.
With her locks cropped close to her head, the Monster star looked happy and relaxed as she chatted to her relative over a bottle of rose champagne.
Charlize looked thrilled to be back in her native South Africa as the mother-daughter duo enjoyed a bite to eat at Cafe Caprice in Cape Town, South Africa.
Although the mother-of-one was without her usual flowing locks, it wasn't long before she was recognised by a group of fans, and happily posed alongside them for photographs.
Charlize looked her typically effortlessly chic self as she stepped out for the day, showing off her slim legs in a pair of indigo skinny jeans, which she teamed with a bright yellow off-shoulder jumper and a white vest.
The actress completed her look with a pair of RayBan aviator sunglasses, pretty tan sandals and a matching handbag.
Charlize chopped of her trademark long blonde locks in June to play Furiosa in Mad Max: Fury Road, the fourth film in the post apocalyptic series.
She will feature opposite Tom Hardy, who fills the role made famous by Mel Gibson, and she said she cannot wait for the cameras to roll.
The actress recently said: 'I feel like the original Mad Max created such a vivid world, that to go back and re-imagine it and kind of replay in that sandbox sounds like fun to me.
'George [Miller] really created a female character that I've never read anything like this. I mean, I'm scared!
'I'm very excited about it; I'm dying! It's been three years; it's time to skin this cat already!'