- UVA moves forward with safety improvements, responds to Rolling Stone
- Proposed student fee cuts
- Chesterfield campground residents face eviction
- Virtual reality system testing at U of R
- Del. Morrissey work release revoked, then reinstated with restrictions
- Frederick County teen killed by hit-and-run driver on way to school
- Christmas comes early for 9-year-old D.C. boy with bullet in brain
- Santa Comes Early For Baltimore Family
- Toy Convoy Gifts Distributed to Those in Need
- Warrington family saved from deadly fire by a FISH TANK
Charlize Theron Shows Off Brunette Buzz Cut as She Dines With Her Mother in Cape Town
More from Female
- High-end fashion boutique donates £6,000 wedding dresses to charity shop... which plans to sell them for £200
- Nottingham woman swaps burlesque outfits for a hijab after falling in love with Muslim man
- Get a figure like Cheryl Fernandez-Versini as Tracy Anderson launches virtual workout class
- New York artist Jessica Gaber creates realistic meals using only sweets for Candy Cuisine
- Women are twice as likely as men to suffer Christmas trolley rage over peak festive shopping weekend
She was known for her trademark long blonde locks prior to shaving her head earlier this year for her role in upcoming movie, Mad Max: Fury Road.
But it would seem Charlize Theron has had a little help along the way in the form of a bottle of hair dye.
Showcasing her seemingly natural brunette roots, the 37-year-old actress showed off her dramatic buzz cut as she enjoyed a lunch date with her mother, Gerda.
With her locks cropped close to her head, the Monster star looked happy and relaxed as she chatted to her relative over a bottle of rose champagne.
Charlize looked thrilled to be back in her native South Africa as the mother-daughter duo enjoyed a bite to eat at Cafe Caprice in Cape Town, South Africa.
Although the mother-of-one was without her usual flowing locks, it wasn't long before she was recognised by a group of fans, and happily posed alongside them for photographs.
Charlize looked her typically effortlessly chic self as she stepped out for the day, showing off her slim legs in a pair of indigo skinny jeans, which she teamed with a bright yellow off-shoulder jumper and a white vest.
The actress completed her look with a pair of RayBan aviator sunglasses, pretty tan sandals and a matching handbag.
Charlize chopped of her trademark long blonde locks in June to play Furiosa in Mad Max: Fury Road, the fourth film in the post apocalyptic series.
She will feature opposite Tom Hardy, who fills the role made famous by Mel Gibson, and she said she cannot wait for the cameras to roll.
The actress recently said: 'I feel like the original Mad Max created such a vivid world, that to go back and re-imagine it and kind of replay in that sandbox sounds like fun to me.
'George [Miller] really created a female character that I've never read anything like this. I mean, I'm scared!
'I'm very excited about it; I'm dying! It's been three years; it's time to skin this cat already!'