- Sarah Hyland Is Barely Recognisable As She Displays Her Very Trim Waist In A Crop Top And Baggy Trousers
- Washington, D.C. Weather Forecast: Increasing clouds with a sprinkle possible
- Crews struggle to reach villages hardest hit by quake
- Scars of vietnam war, 40 years on
- UK's FTSE stumbles near record highs as housebuilders weaken
- NEWSMAKER-Badminton-Lee's Olympic dream flickers again
- Pacquiao pleads for Indonesia to spare death row Filipina
- Burundi protests persist over president's third term bid
- World shares hit new high but Europe rally fades on Greece
- Shearer: newcastle 'in real danger'
Not Tonight Dear, Your Feet Are Disgusting...
More from Female
- Brits hope Kate Middleton and Prince William name royal baby after Diana
- 'Feminists are body-shaming ME', Protein World's Renee Somerfield says
- Ashley James poses with skinned 'fox' in PETA campaign aimed at Harvey Nichols
- 'I know I will die, I won't grow old with the man I love or see my girl grow up': Mother with terminal cancer so rare it has no name in race against time to marry long-term love
- As Pippa Middleton buys eco-friendly nappies, we reveal the gadgets every yummy mummy needs
It seems that feet, whether their own or their partners, are the least favoured part of the body for women.
This dislike can effect a woman's self esteem and even their sex lives, a new survey reveals.
Feet are apparently the biggest turn-off in a partner with two fifths of women finding it the least attractive part of a man's body.
More than two thirds of women are embarrassed by the state of their feet while one in five were so ashamed of their less-than-perfect tootsies that they avoid going barefoot.
And it's not just women who aren't fans of feet. A third of men agreed that a woman's feet are the ugliest body part of their body.
However, despite this embarrassment, we are unwilling to spend to improve the state of what lies under our socks.
While two thirds of people say they feel under pressure to keep their tootsies looking good, few invest in looking after their feet.
One in ten women surveyed spend less than £10 a month on foot-care, with just 6 per cent investing in their neglected feet during the winter months.
Although two thirds of women confessed they felt more attractive when they had pampered feet, it seems most women's love of heels is paramount.
Nearly a third of women admitting to wearing painful shoes for the sake of looking good.
Skyscraper stilettos can cause ingrown toenails, unsightly blisters, corns and even shorten muscles in the calves and damage posture.
The survey of 2,000 people was carried out by footcare brand Footner to mark the launch of their new exfoliating socks
These causes the upper layer of hard foot skin to peel away removing any trace of hard skin build-up.
MAJORITY OF MEN'S SOCKS ARE MORE THAN THREE YEARS OLD
The majority of women are turned-off by their partner's un-sexy socks, says a new survey.
The latest research found that nine out of ten women were appalled by the state of their partner's socks.
The figures show that a huge majority of men are wearing socks that are more than three years old, and will rarely - if ever - go shopping to replace them.
Worse still, three-quarters of men admit to wearing odd socks when their tired old footwear has let them down, and have failed to act when others have commented on their appearance.
'It's a national disgrace,' said Mark Hall, Gentleman Creation Officer and Managing Director of Socked.co.uk, the sock subscription service, which carried out the survey.
'The true gentleman should have standards, but we're letting ourselves down with footwear that should be classed as little more than toxic waste.
'According to our figures, wives, partners and girlfriends have noticed this dreadful state of affairs,' Hall said, 'and a massive majority have told us that holy socks are a turn-off. Strangely, our questions show that many women still wear their partner's socks, so there is some shared responsibility on this issue.'
'Judging from our research, we've got a lot of work to do if we're going to turn the men of this country into proper gentlemen.'