- WhatsApp releases update that stops blue ticks
- Japan vows to resume Antarctic whale hunt for ‘science’ next year
- Hong Kong police clear pro-democracy demonstrators’ protest site
- Were you mis-sold a rotten pension? Aviva admits selling sick pensioners wrong annuities
- Work for six months before claiming dole and tax credits only for full-time jobs: Clegg sets out EU benefit curbs but opposes Tory cap on migrant numbers
- 'It was such a huge rise that I cancelled policy immediately': The sneaky car cover hikes that cost us £2bn
- Miliband's plans for mansion tax on houses worth over £2million could stop me moving to Britain if Labour win, says Angelina Jolie
- Lake Michigan lighthouse turned into ice-sculpture by freezing waters
- Munchkin the Shih Tzu hits the treadmill in her fuzzy bear outfit
- How the language you speak affects what you SEE: Infographic reveals striking lack of colours in China compared to the West
KISS rocks out a deal with 'Family Guy'
More from Living
By Rolling Stone
updated 5:01 PM EDT, Thu June 14, 2012
KISS announces "The Tour" with Motley Crue in March. The group has made a deal with Fox's "Family Guy."
- Rock stars KISS have joined forces with animated hit "Family Guy"
- Fox will develop the products with Live Nation Merchandise
- KISS has previously made three cameos on the show
(Rolling Stone) -- Rock stars and merchandising extraordinaires KISS have joined forces with Fox's animated hit "Family Guy" for a co-branded product line that will hit stores in fall, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Fox will develop the products with KISS' licensing agent, Live Nation Merchandise, and will look for partners to make everything from bobblehead dolls to apparel to fine art.
For a band that has licensed their image to everything from lunch boxes to pinball machines, KISS' new partnership makes total sense.
According to singer-guitarist Paul Stanley, the deal comes as KISS "are focusing more and more on the upper-tier, blue-chip opportunities for prestige partnerships. "Family Guy's" track record and consistent success with its demographic makes this match-up ideal."
KISS are no strangers to "Family Guy," having already made three cameos on the program. They have even become part of a running storyline that involves a previous relationship between Lois Griffin and KISS bassist/ladies' man Gene Simmons.
"KISS and 'Family Guy' coming together for a line of products is a great mash-up of two iconic brands that speaks directly to fans who will be able to enjoy something a little different and special with what we have in store," said Jeffrey Godsick, president of Fox Consumer Products.
The joint licensing venture is the first in the company's new series, which will encompass other notable "Family Guy" guests in the future.
KISS are in for a busy summer, cartoon merch aside; they will hit the road alongside fellow metal deities Mötley Crue for a 40-date North American trek, simply dubbed "The Tour."
Copyright © 2011 Rolling Stone.