- Terminator-style liquid metal 'EATS' its way through obstacles courses
- Is this Condor Ferries video the worst safety demonstration of all time?
- Rhino kills one and leaves six injured after escaping from Nepal wildlife reserve
- Daily Show contributor Trevor Noah officially named as Jon Stewart replacement just THREE months after joining program
- 9/11 photographer Nathan Blaney captures the aftermath of the East Village explosion
- Horrific van crash into canal leaves eight church goers dead and 10 injured
- Thousands of JetBlue customers delayed after a massive computer outage
- Germanwings captain Patrick Sondenheimer 'had just switched to short-haul flights'
- Manchester pub landlord fined for 'illegal immigrant' barman who lived in the UK for over 50 years
- Stray dogs show up at funeral to pay respects to lady who used to feed them
KISS rocks out a deal with 'Family Guy'
More from Living
By Rolling Stone
updated 5:01 PM EDT, Thu June 14, 2012
KISS announces "The Tour" with Motley Crue in March. The group has made a deal with Fox's "Family Guy."
- Rock stars KISS have joined forces with animated hit "Family Guy"
- Fox will develop the products with Live Nation Merchandise
- KISS has previously made three cameos on the show
(Rolling Stone) -- Rock stars and merchandising extraordinaires KISS have joined forces with Fox's animated hit "Family Guy" for a co-branded product line that will hit stores in fall, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Fox will develop the products with KISS' licensing agent, Live Nation Merchandise, and will look for partners to make everything from bobblehead dolls to apparel to fine art.
For a band that has licensed their image to everything from lunch boxes to pinball machines, KISS' new partnership makes total sense.
According to singer-guitarist Paul Stanley, the deal comes as KISS "are focusing more and more on the upper-tier, blue-chip opportunities for prestige partnerships. "Family Guy's" track record and consistent success with its demographic makes this match-up ideal."
KISS are no strangers to "Family Guy," having already made three cameos on the program. They have even become part of a running storyline that involves a previous relationship between Lois Griffin and KISS bassist/ladies' man Gene Simmons.
"KISS and 'Family Guy' coming together for a line of products is a great mash-up of two iconic brands that speaks directly to fans who will be able to enjoy something a little different and special with what we have in store," said Jeffrey Godsick, president of Fox Consumer Products.
The joint licensing venture is the first in the company's new series, which will encompass other notable "Family Guy" guests in the future.
KISS are in for a busy summer, cartoon merch aside; they will hit the road alongside fellow metal deities Mötley Crue for a 40-date North American trek, simply dubbed "The Tour."
Copyright © 2011 Rolling Stone.