- 'If I think about them they haven't just killed Lee, they've killed me': Fiance of murdered Fusilier tells of her daily battle to stop thoughts about Woolwich extremists ruining her memories of him
- Shebab Islamists execute 28 non-Muslims on Kenya bus
- Is this Ivan the Terrible's 'Excalibur'? Medieval sword found buried under a birch tree in Siberia belonged to ruthless 14th century tsar, says leading archaeologist
- From Great Butts to Shaggie Burn ... Marvellous Map of Great Britain highlights our silliest (and rudest) place names
- Tower of London chiefs launch investigation after worker appears to brag about stealing Remembrance poppy to sell
- Len Goodman denies he dropped F-bomb on air as he seeks to clear his name through sound checks
- Britain's 'vainest man' and Joey Essex wannabe forced to flee his home to a safe house after receiving 'death threats' over £55,000 bid to look like TOWIE star
- Prime Minister admits it's going to be a hot summer for Australia after climate change pressures... but resists temptation to slip into trademark speedos
- Protective pooch takes no prisoners as VACUUM CLEANER comes under attack
- Parents warn partying Schoolies of the dangers of Tinder as it's revealed more teens are using the dating app to meet a match
KISS rocks out a deal with 'Family Guy'
More from Living
By Rolling Stone
updated 5:01 PM EDT, Thu June 14, 2012
KISS announces "The Tour" with Motley Crue in March. The group has made a deal with Fox's "Family Guy."
- Rock stars KISS have joined forces with animated hit "Family Guy"
- Fox will develop the products with Live Nation Merchandise
- KISS has previously made three cameos on the show
(Rolling Stone) -- Rock stars and merchandising extraordinaires KISS have joined forces with Fox's animated hit "Family Guy" for a co-branded product line that will hit stores in fall, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Fox will develop the products with KISS' licensing agent, Live Nation Merchandise, and will look for partners to make everything from bobblehead dolls to apparel to fine art.
For a band that has licensed their image to everything from lunch boxes to pinball machines, KISS' new partnership makes total sense.
According to singer-guitarist Paul Stanley, the deal comes as KISS "are focusing more and more on the upper-tier, blue-chip opportunities for prestige partnerships. "Family Guy's" track record and consistent success with its demographic makes this match-up ideal."
KISS are no strangers to "Family Guy," having already made three cameos on the program. They have even become part of a running storyline that involves a previous relationship between Lois Griffin and KISS bassist/ladies' man Gene Simmons.
"KISS and 'Family Guy' coming together for a line of products is a great mash-up of two iconic brands that speaks directly to fans who will be able to enjoy something a little different and special with what we have in store," said Jeffrey Godsick, president of Fox Consumer Products.
The joint licensing venture is the first in the company's new series, which will encompass other notable "Family Guy" guests in the future.
KISS are in for a busy summer, cartoon merch aside; they will hit the road alongside fellow metal deities Mötley Crue for a 40-date North American trek, simply dubbed "The Tour."
Copyright © 2011 Rolling Stone.