- 2nd mistrial declared in ex-FBI agent's murder trial
- Records show man had hands up when shot by Fairfax police
- Police recover body found in water south of National Airport
- 1on1: Preview of Talk: "Impact of Climate Change on Peace & Security"
- Judge Expresses Doubt about Constitutionality of No-Fly List
- Video: Islamic State Group Beheads Japanese Journalist
- Kids in Liberia go back to school — in a building where dozens died of Ebola
- Revealed: CIA conducted joint operation with Mossad to kill Hezbollah leader dubbed 'Osama Bin Laden of the eighties' in a car bomb attack
- Secret Grand Central railway siding under the Waldorf Astoria used by FDR
- W**** Julia, dummy and b**** dog: The offensive names Comcast customer services put on letters are revealed days after Comcast apologized for calling patron A**hole
KISS rocks out a deal with 'Family Guy'
More from Living
By Rolling Stone
updated 5:01 PM EDT, Thu June 14, 2012
KISS announces "The Tour" with Motley Crue in March. The group has made a deal with Fox's "Family Guy."
- Rock stars KISS have joined forces with animated hit "Family Guy"
- Fox will develop the products with Live Nation Merchandise
- KISS has previously made three cameos on the show
(Rolling Stone) -- Rock stars and merchandising extraordinaires KISS have joined forces with Fox's animated hit "Family Guy" for a co-branded product line that will hit stores in fall, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Fox will develop the products with KISS' licensing agent, Live Nation Merchandise, and will look for partners to make everything from bobblehead dolls to apparel to fine art.
For a band that has licensed their image to everything from lunch boxes to pinball machines, KISS' new partnership makes total sense.
According to singer-guitarist Paul Stanley, the deal comes as KISS "are focusing more and more on the upper-tier, blue-chip opportunities for prestige partnerships. "Family Guy's" track record and consistent success with its demographic makes this match-up ideal."
KISS are no strangers to "Family Guy," having already made three cameos on the program. They have even become part of a running storyline that involves a previous relationship between Lois Griffin and KISS bassist/ladies' man Gene Simmons.
"KISS and 'Family Guy' coming together for a line of products is a great mash-up of two iconic brands that speaks directly to fans who will be able to enjoy something a little different and special with what we have in store," said Jeffrey Godsick, president of Fox Consumer Products.
The joint licensing venture is the first in the company's new series, which will encompass other notable "Family Guy" guests in the future.
KISS are in for a busy summer, cartoon merch aside; they will hit the road alongside fellow metal deities Mötley Crue for a 40-date North American trek, simply dubbed "The Tour."
Copyright © 2011 Rolling Stone.