- WorldViews: Listen: ‘Jihadi John’ complains about questions from British intelligence services
- Swimwear model who wanted Kylie Jenner's pout tries SUCKING into hairspray lid
- Cyclist's essential or damp squib? £99 'umbrella' for bikes claims to keep you dry in rain, gales and snow storms
- High school teacher faces suspension for calling Muslim student, 14, 'rag-head Taliban'
- The strangest items confiscated by the TSA
- Islamic extremist accused of American blogger's bloody murder appears in court - as US prepares to send FBI team to Bangladesh
- 'They wouldn't know fine dining if it slapped them in their ugly faces': Bride-to-be stunned by restaurant's angry response to online review describing her hen party as 'chavs' and 'peasants'
- Two teachers who 'had boozy beach party with five male students' now charged with having sex with the teens and giving them COCAINE
- Baby bawls along with his dad as he mimics crying before stopping when he stops
- Shop forced to shut because customers were put off by sound of sex in swingers club upstairs
KISS rocks out a deal with 'Family Guy'
More from Living
By Rolling Stone
updated 5:01 PM EDT, Thu June 14, 2012
KISS announces "The Tour" with Motley Crue in March. The group has made a deal with Fox's "Family Guy."
- Rock stars KISS have joined forces with animated hit "Family Guy"
- Fox will develop the products with Live Nation Merchandise
- KISS has previously made three cameos on the show
(Rolling Stone) -- Rock stars and merchandising extraordinaires KISS have joined forces with Fox's animated hit "Family Guy" for a co-branded product line that will hit stores in fall, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Fox will develop the products with KISS' licensing agent, Live Nation Merchandise, and will look for partners to make everything from bobblehead dolls to apparel to fine art.
For a band that has licensed their image to everything from lunch boxes to pinball machines, KISS' new partnership makes total sense.
According to singer-guitarist Paul Stanley, the deal comes as KISS "are focusing more and more on the upper-tier, blue-chip opportunities for prestige partnerships. "Family Guy's" track record and consistent success with its demographic makes this match-up ideal."
KISS are no strangers to "Family Guy," having already made three cameos on the program. They have even become part of a running storyline that involves a previous relationship between Lois Griffin and KISS bassist/ladies' man Gene Simmons.
"KISS and 'Family Guy' coming together for a line of products is a great mash-up of two iconic brands that speaks directly to fans who will be able to enjoy something a little different and special with what we have in store," said Jeffrey Godsick, president of Fox Consumer Products.
The joint licensing venture is the first in the company's new series, which will encompass other notable "Family Guy" guests in the future.
KISS are in for a busy summer, cartoon merch aside; they will hit the road alongside fellow metal deities Mötley Crue for a 40-date North American trek, simply dubbed "The Tour."
Copyright © 2011 Rolling Stone.