- 1on1 Wednesday: Light Pollution
- Reports: Desperate pilot used ax on locked cockpit door of doomed plane
- WorldViews: A new Chinese anti-corruption drive has a really unfortunate name
- Army nurse is cured of Ebola after being the first to take experimental drug
- Cold feet? Man attempts to commit suicide by jumping into a lake because he was being forced to marry an ugly bride
- Hundreds of hens who lay unique pastel-colored eggs are stolen from family's farm just weeks before Easter
- Pentagon propaganda leaflet shows jihadists being fed into meatgrinder - with 60,000 of them airdropped around Raqqa stronghold
- Zachary Chesser who tried to take baby to Somalia sues FBI and mother
- Britain's Philip Hammond to join Iran nuclear talks in Switzerland this weekend
- Germanwings co-pilot killer 'bought two Audis - one for him and one for his girlfriend weeks ago'
American Meditating - Pause for Peace
More from Living
Today, June 9, 2012, the Meditation Museum officially launches its nationwide initiative entitled "America Meditating -- Pause for Peace." The goal is to light up America and invite everyone to pause for peace at 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. or whenever you can during the day. The initiative aims to foster peace and happiness within each individual, beginning in the nation's capital, and spread these feelings into the world around us! Imagine, for a moment in time, where everyone just felt GOOD.
As an ongoing process everyone is invited to: 1) create spaces for peace, 2) visit the interactive map on Facebook and check out who is pausing for peace in their neighborhood, 3) experiment with some of the "Just a Minute" meditation videos and audio selections available for everyone, and lastly, 4) create an America Meditating -- Pause for Peace event and let us know!
Meditation is an awareness that we cultivate, and it creates a positive, more productive state of being. It is not just something that you "do," but it is primarily a state of being. This means you can meditate even while you are walking and moving around. We are planning a number of events that will be held in several major cities throughout the year. "America Meditating -- Pause for Peace" events are scheduled for the Anubhuti Retreat Center in Novato, Calif. in November and events in Farming Hills, Mich. and in Washington D.C. in August 2012. Feel free to follow the journey by visiting our Facebook page and "like" us at www.Facebook.com/AmericaMeditating, and share your meditation experiences online for others to see. Spread the word about this initiative and let's pause for peace for the self, for our country, and for our world.