- EMS pros participate in 6th annual expo
- Five Great College Basketball Games Left This Season
- Ravens Cornerback Victor Hampton Arrested For DWI
- Bottled Water Big Seller as City Water Troubles Continue
- Eugenics Victims To Be Compensated 25,000 Dollars
- Part of Mount Clinton Pike Closed
- A rare look inside a Saudi prison that showers terrorists with perks
- Data thieves raid TalkTalk customers' bank accounts: Thousands at mercy of fraudsters after addresses and phone numbers were stolen from firm's computers
- Terrifying moment a skydiver suffers a seizure in freefall and plummets unconscious... before his instructor comes to the rescue and pulls open his parachute with seconds to spare
- As Mariella Frostrup whines over-50s are hard done by, Linda Kelsey says: 'Mid-life moaners should be grateful not grumpy'
American Meditating - Pause for Peace
More from Living
Today, June 9, 2012, the Meditation Museum officially launches its nationwide initiative entitled "America Meditating -- Pause for Peace." The goal is to light up America and invite everyone to pause for peace at 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. or whenever you can during the day. The initiative aims to foster peace and happiness within each individual, beginning in the nation's capital, and spread these feelings into the world around us! Imagine, for a moment in time, where everyone just felt GOOD.
As an ongoing process everyone is invited to: 1) create spaces for peace, 2) visit the interactive map on Facebook and check out who is pausing for peace in their neighborhood, 3) experiment with some of the "Just a Minute" meditation videos and audio selections available for everyone, and lastly, 4) create an America Meditating -- Pause for Peace event and let us know!
Meditation is an awareness that we cultivate, and it creates a positive, more productive state of being. It is not just something that you "do," but it is primarily a state of being. This means you can meditate even while you are walking and moving around. We are planning a number of events that will be held in several major cities throughout the year. "America Meditating -- Pause for Peace" events are scheduled for the Anubhuti Retreat Center in Novato, Calif. in November and events in Farming Hills, Mich. and in Washington D.C. in August 2012. Feel free to follow the journey by visiting our Facebook page and "like" us at www.Facebook.com/AmericaMeditating, and share your meditation experiences online for others to see. Spread the word about this initiative and let's pause for peace for the self, for our country, and for our world.