- Tank ruptures at Hopewell Honeywell plant; no injuries
- Va. teen feared missing, in danger of sexual exploitation
- Loretta Lynch pledges independence if confirmed as attorney general
- With rape scandal swirling, UVa. sororities told to stay away from fraternity rush events
- Convictions erased for South Carolina civil rights protestors
- Best College Basketball Teams If Players Stayed Four Years
- Tom Brady Has A Cold
- Massarotti: No Wonder The NFL Has No Credibility
- NCIS: New Orleans Cast To Ride In Orpheus Parade
- Mill Mountain Zoo Board Hires New Executive Director
American Meditating - Pause for Peace
More from Living
Today, June 9, 2012, the Meditation Museum officially launches its nationwide initiative entitled "America Meditating -- Pause for Peace." The goal is to light up America and invite everyone to pause for peace at 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. or whenever you can during the day. The initiative aims to foster peace and happiness within each individual, beginning in the nation's capital, and spread these feelings into the world around us! Imagine, for a moment in time, where everyone just felt GOOD.
As an ongoing process everyone is invited to: 1) create spaces for peace, 2) visit the interactive map on Facebook and check out who is pausing for peace in their neighborhood, 3) experiment with some of the "Just a Minute" meditation videos and audio selections available for everyone, and lastly, 4) create an America Meditating -- Pause for Peace event and let us know!
Meditation is an awareness that we cultivate, and it creates a positive, more productive state of being. It is not just something that you "do," but it is primarily a state of being. This means you can meditate even while you are walking and moving around. We are planning a number of events that will be held in several major cities throughout the year. "America Meditating -- Pause for Peace" events are scheduled for the Anubhuti Retreat Center in Novato, Calif. in November and events in Farming Hills, Mich. and in Washington D.C. in August 2012. Feel free to follow the journey by visiting our Facebook page and "like" us at www.Facebook.com/AmericaMeditating, and share your meditation experiences online for others to see. Spread the word about this initiative and let's pause for peace for the self, for our country, and for our world.