- Fire Destroys Halifax Mobile Home
- New Location, Same Inspiration For Rooster Walk Music and Arts Festival
- WorldViews: The sad story of Kim Jong Chul, the North Korean leader’s brother and Eric Clapton megafan
- Police investigate shooting in Richmond
- RVA Parenting: Tips for traveling easier with kids
- Adult online dating site reports data security breach of member information
- Summer means fun in the sun & pools opening
- Principal Dr. Josh Wandell steps down amidst battle with ALS
- A Voice for Asha: Protestors hope Natural Bridge Zoo remains closed
- Old Rustburg Courthouse Museum Opens To The Public
Frankie Muniz Suffers 'Mini-Stroke' at 25
More from Entertainment
- Kris Humphries Posts Mean Tweet After Bruce Jenner's Transition Interview
- De Niro backs Hillary for president: Hollywood icon and long-time Democrat supporter says Clinton has 'earned the right to be head of the country'
- Former rap mogul Suge Knight collapses in court after $25M bail set
- Ashley Greene puts on leggy display in a pair of racy leather hotpants and FLAT shoes
- Daddy's girl! Lea Michele celebrates her father's birthday with a family hike... and it seems he shares her sense of fun
Malcolm In The Middle star Frankie Muniz is said to have suffered a 'mini-stroke'.
The 25-year-old, who celebrates his birthday tomorrow, was taken to an Arizona hospital on Friday after friends noticed he was 'acting really weird,' according to TMZ.
He was having trouble speaking and understanding words, the site reports.
The actor took to Twitter to confirmed the health scare on Tuesday.
'I was in the hospital last Friday,' he wrote. 'I suffered a "mini stroke", which was not fun at all.
'Have to start taking care of my body!' he added. 'Getting old!'
Doctors were not sure of the cause - and the actor is now awaiting test results.
Frankie is scheduled to begin touring with his band Kingsfoil on Friday, however he is having to now rest under doctors orders.
Muniz was once considered one of the most bankable teen stars during his years in the hit show Malcolm in the Middle, which finished in 2006 after a six year run. (Bryan Cranston, who played his onscreen dad Hal, is now the Emmy-awarding star of Breaking Bad.)
Muniz played the lead character in the show, which was about an ordinary boy who tests at genius level and his dysfunctional family.
While his acting career has slowed down, the actor's personal life has made plenty of headlines in recent times.
He got engaged to his longtime girlfriend, publicist Elycia Marie Turnbow, in October last year.
The couple had reconciled after a dramatic incident last February where police were called to their home in Phoenix.
Muniz allegedly wielded a gun and punched Turnbow in the back of the head during an altercation.
His spokesperson said at the time: 'Neither one is interested in finger-pointing at the other. It was a situation that escalated beyond a point that it needed to be. If anything, they will look back at this as a learning opportunity.'